Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Invasion Hotfix: Why it does not work for leveling now.

The downscaling per person hitting a mob is 55% XP, so from 11k, it goes to around 4,8k. 2 others, 2k. 3 others: 1k. 4 others: 500 XP. 5+ people: 19-200 XP.

This means that, unless you are on a COMPLETELY DEAD server, you get literally fuck all XP from these now. And what's worse, people trying to help others, works against the people they are trying to help cuz it cuts thier XP gain in half.

yeah i was shocked when i helped kill a skull mob and got 5 experience. thats why im still just afking on my last character to get to 100. idc if questing gives more experience per hour. wth else do i have to do for the next 2 weeks? lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The worst part is, Blizzard did this wanting people to actively participate again as a leveling toon. But now it actively punishes you for working, because basically any cooperation is a doom to your level process. It seems to actively promote selfish behavior, as well as griefing in now a level 100 just has to tag your mob while you're soloing it and POOF, there goes your gains. And them saying that it shouldn't be so high is sort of silly when you realize that in less than 2 weeks it ends, and everything goes back to normal. This isn't some kind of permanent leveling path you could use, it was just some good fun and something people could enjoy leveling alts with. Now you're basically sitting here going "Well.. I hope I can find an area of the map no one goes to and get it all down first!"

Deleted
    Yeah they need to hotfix the XP downscaling quite quickly.

Killing grey mobs in Elwynn gives more XP than this shit

Are you guys serious? Go level up like everyone else, afk in Orgrimmar while doing dungeons. How is this such a problem? I'll never understand how some people can be so spoiled.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest report the XP scaling when tagging in general as a bug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Are you guys serious? Go level up like everyone else, afk in Orgrimmar while doing dungeons. How is this such a problem? I'll never understand how some people can be so spoiled.
    It's a problem because the invasions were supposed to be for everyone. And a 3 week change from the classic leveling was good for people getting burned out on the regular leveling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Spoiled? Did you suffer a blow to the head? They created these invasions with the intent of giving people something to do after releasing 0 content for 14 months. The only thing spoiled here is that egg of a brain you have
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

God forbid, we have alternative way of leveling, other than these we had for 12 years.

These 50E boosts, aren't going to sell themselves

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Spoiled? Did you suffer a blow to the head? They created these invasions with the intent of giving people something to do after releasing 0 content for 14 months. The only thing spoiled here is that egg of a brain you have
    Lol, I'm gonna mentally bookmark this for when I need to use it.

But pretty much true, the invasions were supposed to be so everyone has a reason to do them after the year long wait.

A 45% reduction just from having another player tap something is excessive to begin with. I'd personally like to see the XP scale a bit with damage done. It's hardly consistent XP when you are stuck in combat and have to hoof it as a melee versus a class with an instant cast ranged DoT just running around. Even at level 100 the reward structure is a bit messed up. If you are actually tunneling large amounts of damage into the stage 2 min-bosses you'll get less than someone that just taps the mini-boss and rushes off to get a tap on the 2nd or 3rd one.
    It would alse be better if the XP was only split between sub level 100 players. I had really high hopes when they first announced that they were shifting XP from stage completions to mob kills. Actual participation should be rewarded, not simply being present. So annoying to just see people casually sitting around in the Khaz Modan inn while other people are getting one-shotted by the bosses immediately outside the inn.

Maybe you can still get decent XP if you avoid the high priority targets and just kill some random demons throughout the zone. Most players seem to gravitate towards the skull bosses and structures for the extra shards. But it's a pretty stupid workaround that doesn't make sense RP-wise. And you'll still barely get any XP out of stage 1.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2016-08-17 at 03:47 PM.

Isn't the majority of XP awarded at completion of stage 4?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    God forbid, we have alternative way of leveling, other than these we had for 12 years.

These 50E boosts, aren't going to sell themselves
    Ummm, we got a new way of leveling in Cata (new 1-60 quests) and then in WoD which made the dungeon leveling worth it with the Objective rewarding a lot of XP for killing all the main bosses and bonus objectives giving a lot of XP for killing bonus bosses.

But with everyone leveling alts in WoD that became boring quick so this 3 week event was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    You're a bit too passionate about this non-issue mate. Take 5 or something.

Not just taking your XP, but also buffing the mob you're fighting...

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    Yes, but the problem is you can just AFK at the invasion site and get credit for completing it, so there's no reason to encourage a leveling toon to actually participate. If the XP per mob was better it would actually encourage players to participate more in the actual content, rather than just flying above the invasion site and AFKing for XP
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    From what I've see, out of the total 100% you get from stages it is split a bit like this:
    Stage 1 13.22%
    Stage 2 26.27%
    Stage 3 20.17%
    Stage 4 40.25%

NOTE: It might not make exactly 100% because of how I rounded it up

It does need to be fixed though. As per the blue post, Blizzard understand that it's not rewarding to lower leveled players to participate in kills. However, the fix they have implemented to resolve this is made redundant by the fact that it essentially punishes you for participating. If they can remove the downscaling with multiple tags for this event, then everybody wins. Simple solution to get more people involved in invasions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Yes, but the problem is you can just AFK at the invasion site and get credit for completing it, so there's no reason to encourage a leveling toon to actually participate. If the XP per mob was better it would actually encourage players to participate more in the actual content, rather than just flying above the invasion site and AFKing for XP
    All they need to do is make it so that tagging doesn't scale it down, or at least scales down by 30-50% max

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Post#1 seems only concerne about XP, not encouraging participation.