Thread: "Mog Shaming"

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

If I found out that it was actually a female/woman choosing to "publicly" dress her character that way... I'd question her personal choices and self esteem issues.
    Its you having self esteem issues not the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    I'm a hunter shamer.

And no its not that.

If you dont name your pet, you suck balls.
    dangle them bad boys in my face, cause i've never named a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I actually like that mog, a lot. I'd try to get the boots that match the chest personally but overall I do enjoy the look.
    Thanks :0) I went with what I had but do plan on trying to get the matching boots in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion and caring about how people choose to dress their characters in a game, others are entitled to think that you're being ridiculous and petty.
    We're all petty over something from time to time. Hell, putting ANY time or stock into a game is often seen petty by a great deal of the populace. Doesn't mean you need to come on here and insult my very being, from head-to-toe, and make over-the-top assumptions about who I am whilst simultaneously attempting to assassinate my character on every level because of one stance you disagree with. That's why I find this all ironic. All I did was get pissy over digital clothing characters often wear in a game. I didn't go much further than that. Then I get a goddamn virtual lynch mob coming after me trying to demean my existence as much as humanly achievable; while, hilariously, overlooking how ugly it is making them look in turn.

Then they're free to argue it. If I thought my opinion was more valid, then there's would not be welcomed.
    Point is there is no argument. People like different things, don't be a whiny complainer because others are dressing in a way you don't like when their not forcing you to dress like that. You sound like an old man.

ITT Uptight People Have Their Say.

Seriously, it's your opinion and it doesn't matter. BRB, mogging into the skimpiest outfit to dance on mailboxes and laugh knowing it pisses you off. You people make trolling far too easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You brought so much edge into this thread I nearly cut myself just now.
    You came here to complain about people posting screenshots on Facebook. I'm tempted to say more, but I believe my first sentence is sufficient to express my feelings on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Here's an example of one of my sexy but not slutty mogs. My Rogue:
    Been thinking of getting a new set for my rouge. I'ma steal that, if you don't mind.

And even if you do. 'cause rogue.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Thanks :0) I went with what I had but do plan on trying to get the matching boots in the future.
    What chest piece is that on your rogue?

How is it a ridiculous post? I want you to explain to me how I am not entitled, at all, to my own personal opinion and how I cannot express said opinion on a public forum for the game in of itself in which the opinion was formulated on.

I don't like slutmogs. I decided I got sick of their glorification and wanted to remark on them via my own thread. I do so without singling people out, dropping names, or being particularly vulgar. Hell, I didn't even use the term "slutmog" until other people did because by that point it was irrelevant.

I of course expect counter positions. People who would defend it. What I didn't expect was the hostility and general nastiness that came with it which only built up into such a fervor of irony that I can't help but to be amused.
    see the problem is - you didn't just post an opinion. you have said that you actualy shamed someone for their transmog. you spewed your negativity at an actual person in game over their chose of pixelated clothes. THAT is both pathetic and depressing and THAT is why people are reacting the way they do.

and you cannot just turn around and say "its a joke, I'm joking!" as if it somehow excuses you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    We have some "slutty" ones in both WoD and Legion
    But the "slutty" ones in Legion are basically for DHs, and the introduced in WoD were at least ok with the concept of "savage"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    now come on... its a good set... i know its overused... but its so good...
    Nah it WAS overused in 2012, when transmog came to WoW. Every bloody Paladin was using this set back then; that's true. And all the DK's in purple recolor.

But not anymore; its popularity has worn off long ago. The most common Paladin sets I see are MOP CM; SOO, T6 and Naxxramas tiers. Personally I use heroic T15 (TOT) set.

People that try Judgement shoulders / helmet in a custom armor set are what makes me cringe. These pieces DO NOT work in anything other than full Judgement. They just don't. Please don't do this. Full Judgement or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Point is there is no argument. People like different things, don't be a whiny complainer because others are dressing in a way you don't like when their not forcing you to dress like that. You sound like an old man.
    Then we would never discuss anything because people like different things. Every topic would be forbidden, taboo, etc... because we'd be worried about offending someone who liked or didn't like the said topic we are giving our opinion on in the first place. This line of thinking is illogical and makes no sense. It'd be easier for you, the offended, to move along and not be so bothered by such trivial matters. Instead I've got a whole host of you in this thread that have gone well beyond the threshold for reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Been thinking of getting a new set for my rouge. I'ma steal that, if you don't mind.

And even if you do. 'cause rogue.
    By all means feel free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    I'm a hunter shamer.

And no its not that.

If you dont name your pet, you suck balls.
    I name my wolves "Cat".
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Amen. People really need to realize that their taste in things is entirely personal. Eva loving Slut mogs, is no more right or wrong than Elsa loving mogs that cover EVERYTHING, or Peter loving mogs that are as random as possible.

If someone praises a transmog, regardless of type, it's probably because he likes the look of it. Simple as. Someone that doesn't like that mog because it's "slutty", doesn't have the superior taste... only a DIFFERENT one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we would never discuss anything because people like different things. Every topic would be forbidden, taboo, etc... because we'd be worried about offending someone who liked or didn't like the said topic we are giving our opinion on in the first place. This line of thinking is illogical and makes no sense. It'd be easier for you, the offended, to move along and not be so bothered by such trivial matters. Instead I've got a whole host of you in this thread that have gone well beyond the threshold for reasonable.
    Trying to create an echo chamber again, by asking people who disagree to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    see the problem is - you didn't just post an opinion. you have said that you actualy shamed someone for their transmog. you spewed your negativity at an actual person in game over their chose of pixelated clothes. THAT is both pathetic and depressing and THAT is why people are reacting the way they do.

and you cannot just turn around and say "its a joke, I'm joking!" as if it somehow excuses you.
    Eh, I just responded to them directly on a remark about their own transmog. I didn't come out of the blue and go, "OH LOOK GAIS!"

And no, I'm not joking. I never implied I was joking. I don't like it. I gave my reasons why I don't. You can either agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    I name my wolves "Cat".
    ... You monster. I think I'm soon triggered enough to make a long post about how I just can't fathom that people won't name their pets when I take great care in doing so!!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    some, and its mostly just bras, and even then they arnt as revealing as the old sets that barly cover the nipples...
    Got an example of what you're talking about? The most "naked" piece of gear I can think of is "Warriors Embrace" from Sunken Temple, and that definately covers the nipples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.