Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why did you choose mistweaver?

This isn't a which is better thread, it's a what do you like about this healer thread, and what do you miss from other healers.

Deleted
    Rushing jade wind and now in Legion Yu'lon are the most beautiful spell...

Because I've been a mistweaver since MoP and it's really the only class I enjoy playing.

I don't really care about fistweaving, so that keeps me a little bit off my monk, but i like it visually the best alongside resto shaman (with blue chain heal obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    Because I've been a mistweaver since MoP and it's really the only class I enjoy playing.
    ^

/10 characters

I mained a mistweaver since MoP because i wanted to be a melee healer, Healing while dpsing. I kind of liked the first iteration of ReM / Uplift where you had to set up for incoming damage before it happens.

My "class fantasy" changed in WoD, getting further from what i liked and what was advertised , and again in Legion.

Because I started in MOP and it was the newest class and I picked panda and i just liked the dpsing healing playstyle, that's why im so salty about them removing it
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Tried him out in MoP and got stuck. :3

Ok, so I just post the question in other way.
    I am considering going healer in Legion, and having my both Druid and Monk.

I love the WW Monk style, but my Feral was main for so long..

Question is:
    What are the pros & cons between these two in terms of healers? ;-)

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Ok, so I just post the question in other way.
    I am considering going healer in Legion, and having my both Druid and Monk.

I love the WW Monk style, but my Feral was main for so long..

Question is:
    What are the pros & cons between these two in terms of healers? ;-)
    druid strongest 5man healer by far. good utility, combat rez, etc. shadowmeld is OP if alliance IMO. strong kit, consistent, good artifact stuff IMO. nice class hall, bad race variety compared to monk. HoTs are easy to use, simple playstyle, HoTs are stronger than in WOD because no PWS spam, etc.

monk coolest visuals, IMO. good variety of playstyles, low class representation, best lore IMO, favorite class hall, best party frame color ;-) love their tier sets. brew and WW is great fun, IMO.

tbh i like druids and monks a lot. i'd just try both in the prepatch and see what you like more. you can get a good feel for their kits in prepatch. i get bored of resto because honestly, it's definitely the easiest and most straightforward healer in the game in my opinion. i don't think that is a bad thing. it's just got a great kit. monk feels like you have to make way more micro-decisions so i like it, too.

above is just my opinion, etc. i'll be playing monk cause i love their tier sets and aesthetic and that's all i really care about. all classes are equally as fun and as challenging as you want them to be via content, IMO.

Right now I am a bit indecisive about which class I should play. MW or RShaman... right now MW looks really interesting. I like the artifact, the traits and the whole gameplay because it's much better than it has been now.

But I dislike WW as a DPS spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Right now I am a bit indecisive about which class I should play. MW or RShaman... right now MW looks really interesting. I like the artifact, the traits and the whole gameplay because it's much better than it has been now.

have u tried it with Hit Combo? i think it's great fun. Enhance is a totally different type of fun, though. also great fun. really hard decision between Rsham and MW imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was originally going to play MW. But after trying out the my Resto Sham, I found that the play styles are very similar plus Shammy offers tons more utility. So I'm going Resto Shammy...

They really shouldn't have removed Chi from MWs/BrMs, it dumbed down the play style considerably. Not a fan.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    It felt unique, plus I am a fan of Far East fantasy themes. I used to play Resto Shaman exclusively for healing but since MoP I haven't really played my Resto shaman much. I love the new iteration of the MW Monk. While the removal of Chi made me sad, the expanded kit is great. AoE healing feels more meaningful compared to the ReM+Uplift combo, which felt too spammy for me.

- - - Updated - - -

WW with Hit Combo + the dragon punch talent is way fun, in my opinion. I am waiting for the artifact weapon ability to add more skills to the kit. It feels more combo-oriented now with the new mastery, just the way it was supposed to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only because human and blood elf female could choose this class. I can't give up my bikini transmog and my mistweaver high-tech addons.

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    WW with Hit Combo + the dragon punch talent is way fun, in my opinion. I am waiting for the artifact weapon ability to add more skills to the kit. It feels more combo-oriented now with the new mastery, just the way it was supposed to be.
    I don't know, I felt WW always being lackluster and compared to ENH it's just flat and boring... but I really like the new MW while I despise RShaman right now cause it's so simple and boring... mhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I felt WW always being lackluster and compared to ENH it's just flat and boring... but I really like the new MW while I despise RShaman right now cause it's so simple and boring... mhm.
    While I visually like the new Enhancement Shaman, the WW Monk offers a more calculated gameplay experience. Enhancement does feel more fast paced than WW, to me at least. Enhancement is actually my primary melee DPS alt because I'll be focusing everything on MW for my main Monk.

I've been a healer since Vanilla, tried them all. When MoP dropped I was able to get into Beta by some miracle and I just fell in love with the monk class. I had to swap to the OP Holy Pala for guild progression in WoD, but I am back to my monk and SOOOO happy. There are some changes I'm not in love with, but a lot of the pros outweigh the cons for me. I'm excited for Legion with my Monk.
    My AMAZING siggy by: Shyama!!

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    While I visually like the new Enhancement Shaman, the WW Monk offers a more calculated gameplay experience. Enhancement does feel more fast paced than WW, to me at least. Enhancement is actually my primary melee DPS alt because I'll be focusing everything on MW for my main Monk.
    I played WW today for the invasions and it's a pretty straight forward, solid experience. But imho the artifact doesn't offer anything interesting to the playstyle, the artifact trait is just boring.

I really like the MW playstyle and the artifact (it's got maybe the best artifact traits of all healers) but I need to see if it can convince me to stay Monk.

I am a long time WL since vanilla. And played Priest/Shadow in TBC very active. Played casually in cata and mop and in WoD my WL again. No that i think that WL is garbage fun wise, especially destruction. I tried my Monk, which i leveled 1-100 in WoD just to get a taste of the class, because i never tried it in MoP.

It did not interest me in the slightest actually, i always liked Disc priest more. But i do not like disc priest how it is in legion. But man, i tried MW, and instantly clicked for me and i liked it a lot. I know many Monk veterans since MoP are complaining about the new MW etc. but for me as a Priest/WL player, this new current style of MW does fit me much more. I actually have lots of fun doing BGs as MW or raids etc.
    And i guess i will go with Monk (MW,WW) for legion as a main character. Bonus is, BM weapon looks so funny and cool, just wanna have that to run around with it

I think blizzard did a pretty good job on the Monk class so far. Just my opinion so far. (played it also on 110 on beta btw.)