Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    By ur logic WoW is f2p because you can play 1-20 free. Sorry but your blind defending won't change what things mean. Them charging $$$ for expansions makes it a b2p game anything before the endgame (New expansion) can be considered as a free trial just like WoW's 1-20. There is no difference between the two.

Rift charging for expansions makes it B2p because you have to Buy to Play the main part of the game.
    Using Slipmat's logic both WoW and Rift are F2P, cept for WoW you can pick all classes and using all talent trees, but in Rift you are excluded from Primalist and a lists of souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowban View Post
    Using Slipmat's logic both WoW and Rift are F2P, cept for WoW you can pick all classes and using all talent trees, but in Rift you are excluded from Primalist and a lists of souls.
    Yep like I said Slipmat doesn't get to change what things mean because they want to blindly defend Rift/Tiron.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy to play means having to actually buy the base game first, like Elder Scrolls Online is B2P because, guess what, you can't play ESO without buying it, Guild Wars 2 moved from B2P to F2P for the base game with payable Expansion, Heart of Thorns.

Rift stayed F2P but will add a payable Expansion but the base game is still free, not sure how much more easier i can explain

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Buy to play means having to actually buy the base game first, like Elder Scrolls Online is B2P because, guess what, you can't play ESO without buying it, Guild Wars 2 moved from B2P to F2P for the base game with payable Expansion, Heart of Thorns.

Rift stayed F2P but will add a payable Expansion but the base game is still free, not sure how much more easier i can explain
    No it doesn't, once again you are changing what the term means to fit your blind defending.

By ur logic WoW is a f2p title. But its coming from you so I am not surprised.

Originally it was $15 a month (p2p but had to buy box like most p2p mmo's)
    Then it went f2p (All non-cosmetic content was free)
    Then it went f2p-p2w (Started selling gear slots and shit in the shop)
    Now its going B2p-p2w (selling the core part of the game and gear slots).

The core part of the game is b2p that makes it a b2p game, The only part that matters is endgame and the new expansion. Once again you can change terms all you want but all it does is show how blind you are.

Making the old content free doesn't make it a f2p game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-17 at 02:45 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

By ur logic WoW is a f2p title.
    Now i know you're trolling, how could anyone even contemplate that a pay to play game like WoW with a free trial up to level 20 is even remotely like F2P.

Now look at this quote carefully, i even bolded the relevant part for you:

Definition - What does Free To Play (F2P) mean?

Free to play (F2P) refers to a business model for online games in which the game designers do not charge the user or player in order to join the game. Instead, they hope to bring in revenue from advertisements or in-game sales, such as payment for upgrades, special abilities, special items, and expansion packs.
    https://www.techopedia.com/definitio...ee-to-play-f2p

Why that sounds just like....Rift !! mind blown...

Are you grasping the concept yet? Rift is F2P, games like ESO and Black Desert are B2P, you have to buy the game to access it.

Having paid expansions doesn't mean a game ceases to be F2P. DDO, LOTRO, DCUO (though DLC rather than expansions), GW2 (more recently), SWTOR, EQ1/2 and more are all F2P and have paid expansions.

The game itself remains F2P, with the vast majority of the game being available for free (either the core experience or the core experience plus certain expansions folded into it over time like what EQ2 has done). The option of paid expansions does not change the business model.

Now i know you're trolling, how could anyone even contemplate that a pay to play game like WoW with a free trial up to level 20 is even remotely like F2P.

Now look at this quote carefully, i even bolded the relevant part for you:

https://www.techopedia.com/definitio...ee-to-play-f2p

Why that sounds just like....Rift !! mind blown...

Are you grasping the concept yet? Rift is F2P, games like ESO and Black Desert are B2P, you have to buy the game to access it.
    So how much does Trion pay you to defend there game over and over????

Really interested cause if it pays enough ill take that job.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how much does Trion pay you to defend there game over and over?
    So because i play the game and point out where things you say about the game are totally wrong i work for Trion? awesome logic leap there, for what it's worth to you i have absolutely no connection to Rift, no contact with any Trion people, nothing, i just play the game, simple.

Glad you now see the difference between F2P and B2P, always happy to assist.

So how much does Trion pay you to defend there game over and over????

Really interested cause if it pays enough ill take that job.
    I'd take any job like that if it paid well tbh. I mean if we are talking decent salary fair enough. Patron for life screw that.

- - - Updated - - -

So because i play the game and point out where things you say about the game are totally wrong i work for Trion? awesome logic leap there, for what it's worth to you i have absolutely no connection to Rift, no contact with any Trion people, nothing, i just play the game, simple.

Glad you now see the difference between F2P and B2P, always happy to assist.
    No because you blindly defend the game and Trion like it is your goddamn life. They can do no wrong in your eyes even when they come under heavy criticism.

You can assume that Wildstar is in the same range or higher then rift, but if you got no data to back it up then it doesn't matter. All that matters is $$$$ and how much it makes. Wildstar is putting out less content and making less money then Rift and that is a fact.

Rift was able to stay a p2p MMO for 3 years and Wildstar couldn't do it for 1 year. There is no realm or universe where Wildstar is doing better then rift.

To be clear I like things about both MMO's and both company's are shit. But its a fact that Rift is doing better then WS. Wildstar isn't even making as much money as CoH did before NCsoft pulled the plug.

I would be highly impressed if WS even made its development cost back. It has nothing to do with "hating" on ether way, Its a simple truth that Wildstar isn't doing better then rift.

I find it assuming tho that Rift went from being the Gold Standard of how you do F2p MMO's, To the Gold Standard on how to not do them.

Also Trion are a bunch of fucken idiots if they think they can go from f2p to b2p. Its not going to work and could be the death nail in Rift's coffin. You CAN NOT go from P2p to F2p then to B2p. You will push away a massive amount of your playerbase. Even more so at a high price tag for low content.

The history of Rift is something special. It went from Decent P2p game to really good f2p to meh p2w-f2p and now going to p2w-b2p with lacking content...
    lol, Wildstar lasted close to a year and a half

RIFT lasted 2...maybe two and a half, and that was only because they marketed the game FAR more than Wildstar did.

RIFT cities are dead, ques never pop, and RIFT is not putting out more content than WIldstar, Unless you count the expansion.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    RIFT is not putting out more content than WIldstar, Unless you count the expansion.

In the past two years alone Rift has put out 4x20-man raids and 3x10-man raids, Wildstar has done...how many?

In the past two years alone Rift has put out 4x20-man raids and 3x10-man raids, Wildstar has done...how many?
    And it had to drop to 10 man and make a dumbed down version of it with Instant Adventure because of the PITIFUL amount of raiding guilds left. 30 is it? Probably less now.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-17 at 06:01 PM.

Your comparing a turd to another turd, do you not see how that isn't a good thing?

lets compare Rift to WoW,ESO,SWTOR,Tera,GW2 and a massive list of other MMO's.

lol, Wildstar lasted close to a year and a half[

RIFT lasted 2...maybe two and a half, and that was only because they marketed the game FAR more than Wildstar did.
    Rift launched in March 2011, received large bi-monthly for well over a year leading to their first paid expansion, Storm Legion, which launched in November of 2012. It transitioned to F2P in June of 2013 after receiving many updates throughout Storm Legion as well and continues to receive them. So a bit over 2 years.

WildStar launched on June of 2014, received a single monthly update before transitioning to quarterly updates, those wound down in size over the course of the year (and multiple rounds of deep layoffs), transitioning to F2P in September of 2015, a little over a year later, and has received a handful of updates since.

In terms of marketing, both games received large marketing pushes around their launch and F2P transitioned. Marketing beyond that was obviously performance based, so Rift had a stronger marketing presence for a while given its comparatively greater success than WildStar.

RIFT cities are dead, ques never pop, and RIFT is not putting out more content than WIldstar, Unless you count the expansion.
    This isn't factually correct on any grounds. Rift has many more "cities" than WildStar does given that it has many more servers than WildStar does, even if the servers are largely functioning as "channels" as movement between them is relatively easy. Queue's pop reasonably well, even while leveling, for a small/mid-sized MMO, something that I wish I could say for WildStar to be honest. Leveling queues almost never pop, and it took me weeks to get my veteran adventure queue to pop on my max level character. In Rift I can get into a max level dungeon (regular or expert) on a non-dps class in minutes, and leveling queues generally aren't terrible, even if they're not the quickest.

In terms of content, even with the upcoming expansion for Rift pulling a lot of resources from live development (as expansions do), Rift has put out much more content than WildStar.

Rift: 3.3-3.7, so five updates (plus tons of hotfixes/minor updates) including new crafting sub-system, new instant adventure, major wardrobe update, tiered raid difficulty, 2 new raids, brand new class, new zone, new warfront, new expert dungeon, large expansion to shiny's, new tech updates (multi-core support), new souls for existing classes (5 total), overhauls to 4 souls, plus a ton of other quality of life updates and changes and holiday events. And an expansion later this year.

WildStar: three updates (F2P, Destination Arcterra, Heroes Evolved) which included a huge host of quality of live improvements, a new zone, 2 new race/class combo's, cross faction instances, new tutorial and...I think that's it. RMT is on the way but it's still in testing.

Objectively, Rift has put out far more in the past 12 months than WildStar. That's to say Rift is necessarily better than WildStar, but your claims are incorrect.

Also, while I'm here...

Alright folks, stick to discussing the game and expansion, not others posting habits. If other posters annoy you, that's fine, there is an ignore feature for a reason. But continuing to take pot shots at other posters because you disagree with their posting habits, rather than discussing the game/topic at-hand isn't going to fly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Rift launched in March 2011, received large bi-monthly for well over a year leading to their first paid expansion, Storm Legion, which launched in November of 2012. It transitioned to F2P in June of 2013 after receiving many updates throughout Storm Legion as well and continues to receive them. So a bit over 2 years.

WildStar launched on June of 2014, received a single monthly update before transitioning to quarterly updates, those wound down in size over the course of the year (and multiple rounds of deep layoffs), transitioning to F2P in September of 2015, a little over a year later, and has received a handful of updates since.

In terms of marketing, both games received large marketing pushes around their launch and F2P transitioned. Marketing beyond that was obviously performance based, so Rift had a stronger marketing presence for a while given its comparatively greater success than WildStar.

This isn't factually correct on any grounds. Rift has many more "cities" than WildStar does given that it has many more servers than WildStar does, even if the servers are largely functioning as "channels" as movement between them is relatively easy. Queue's pop reasonably well, even while leveling, for a small/mid-sized MMO, something that I wish I could say for WildStar to be honest. Leveling queues almost never pop, and it took me weeks to get my veteran adventure queue to pop on my max level character. In Rift I can get into a max level dungeon (regular or expert) on a non-dps class in minutes, and leveling queues generally aren't terrible, even if they're not the quickest.

In terms of content, even with the upcoming expansion for Rift pulling a lot of resources from live development (as expansions do), Rift has put out much more content than WildStar.

Rift: 3.3-3.7, so five updates (plus tons of hotfixes/minor updates) including new crafting sub-system, new instant adventure, major wardrobe update, tiered raid difficulty, 2 new raids, brand new class, new zone, new warfront, new expert dungeon, large expansion to shiny's, new tech updates (multi-core support), new souls for existing classes (5 total), overhauls to 4 souls, plus a ton of other quality of life updates and changes and holiday events. And an expansion later this year.

WildStar: three updates (F2P, Destination Arcterra, Heroes Evolved) which included a huge host of quality of live improvements, a new zone, 2 new race/class combo's, cross faction instances, new tutorial and...I think that's it. RMT is on the way but it's still in testing.

Objectively, Rift has put out far more in the past 12 months than WildStar. That's to say Rift is necessarily better than WildStar, but your claims are incorrect.

Also, while I'm here...

Alright folks, stick to discussing the game and expansion, not others posting habits. If other posters annoy you, that's fine, there is an ignore feature for a reason. But continuing to take pot shots at other posters because you disagree with their posting habits, rather than discussing the game/topic at-hand isn't going to fly. Thanks.
    Where are these pot shots? We are merely saying that some posters here are very very biased towards Trion in their argument and nothing more. If we aren't allowed to say that then that is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Where are these pot shots? We are merely saying that some posters here are very very biased towards Trion in their argument and nothing more. If we aren't allowed to say that then that is just silly.
    Not going to call them all out, but discussing others posting habits is not something that's productive or relevant for this, or any other forum. Keep discussion on topic, that means about Rift and more specifically the expansion.

Not going to call them all out, but discussing others posting habits is not something that's productive or relevant for this, or any other forum. Keep discussion on topic, that means about Rift and more specifically the expansion.
    Same advise can be used on the great ambassador as well. Double standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowban View Post
    Same advise can be used on the great ambassador as well. Double standards?
    It applies to everyone.

That being said, time to get back on topic.

It applies to everyone.

That being said, time to get back on topic.
    Ok....

This is a bullshit price point and a cash grab,It also make the game b2p+p2w.

I wasnt talking about only raids, Also, super buggy unfinished raids, does that really count to Wildstars recent bug free raid? And RIFT has released two re releases, SUCH CONTENT

Also, in the last two years Wildstar has released 4 raids

Genetic Archives+Datascape+Y83+Redmoon Terror Part 1...and soon Redmoon terror part 2, so thats basically 5 raids as they are seperate releases

RIFT also released 3 empty same looking zones with no content in them past cap, and like 1 max level zone in the past two years

It's all about Perspective, they are both solid games that have a similar amount of players, can we agree to disagree or just agree and get back to the topic at hand

Starfall Prophecy.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2016-08-18 at 12:19 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.