Thread: "Mog Shaming"

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Wish I had enough time in my life to do the most pointless shit our existence can manage again, being a kid was good times I guess.
    You found time to post this crap, you're doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I just went and xmogged slutty outfits to every one of my toons to trigger nerds like OP
    Cool. It won't. Because this wasn't even in-game. Good reading comprehension though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeSicarius View Post
    I don't do slutmogs often, because I prefer my plate wearing characters to look like a bad ass instead:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uthoros/simple
    Yeah, well, your shoes are untied.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    I would like to say I'm a woman and that pants are for sissies.
    Kinda looks like he's wearing stockings.

I approve.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    I remember people berating players for using the $$$ shop mog helmets back in 2013.

To the point of kicking them from dungeons and raid groups.

Dafuq. Poor jealous ni*****s. I can't find any other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    You found time to post this crap, you're doing just fine.
    Like I've said before, the lack of self-awareness is baffling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I remember people berating players for using the $$$ shop mog helmets back in 2013.

To the point of kicking them from dungeons and raid groups.

Dafuq. Poor jealous ni*****s. I can't find any other explanation.
    Ever consider that was in retaliation to cash-shop skins? Some people really don't like that.

It's still pretty shitty though but I highly doubt it was simply because they didn't like the way the helmet looked.

I would use a less revealing transmog, but when you're this sexy, why cover up?

I see the complete opposite. Although I am a woman I do have some alts (male and female!) that are scantily clad simply because I like the idea of being a badass typical medieval fantasy "warrior princess" kinda vibe, and I've gotten weird sexual advancements or, more commonly, "slut" comments ingame because apparently how I dress my video game character says a lot about what kind of human being I am. I often see people also harshly judging transmogs that have a revealing element to them simply due to the fact that they are revealing even if they are otherwise creative.

I think you should judge a transmog outfit based on whether you find it aesthetically pleasing and if you don't then don't immediately shoot it down as ugly/tasteless for not being your cup of tea. I love to make all sorts of transmogs of all sorts of covering levels for both dudes and dudettes and I think both can be pretty cool. If you don't like skimpy transmogs then I would not say you're really particularly special or different considering the amount of criticism I've seen on MMO-C, Reddit and ingame over them. But just as a friendly word of advice....don't overthink what people choose to have as their transmog. It's all just for fun.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-08-17 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I would use a less revealing transmog, but when you're this sexy, why cover up?
    *Gasp* harlot. Have you no shame?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

all of my characters, male or female, no matter the armor type, are dressed skimpy. I like it, They look attractive, besides it's fantasy... who cares. I'd play nude if I could. #freethenipple

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well, your OP is glorifying 'covering up' and 'shaming' not doing so... It's a pretty strong hint in the direction you'd like us to go. You don't explicitly ask for it, because you're a coward, but you want to push people in what you think is the right moralistic direction.
    An awful lot of person attacks and shaming coming from someone trying so hard to speak out against personal attacks and shaming. Keep fighting the good fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it bother people that much? In the larger scheme of all worlds problems, someone choosing what to wear in a video game is whats really annoying people right now?

I mean I couldn't give a flying monkey but lol okay
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Does it bother people that much? In the larger scheme of all worlds problems, someone choosing what to wear in a video game is whats really annoying people right now?

I mean I couldn't give a flying monkey but lol okay
    Arguably though you could say that about gaming in general. It's not really relevant when put up against the problems the world faces, period; yet here are on a forum for World of Warcraft discussing whatever our whims so fancy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    all of my characters, male or female, no matter the armor type, are dressed skimpy. I like it, They look attractive, besides it's fantasy... who cares. I'd play nude if I could. #freethenipple
    A big part of why I quit Tera was just how over-the-top the sexualization was in that game. I couldn't take it seriously, felt like a bizarre hentai in the making.

Which considering the Koreans and their usual MMO designs, isn't too far from the truth?

I mean, I know this whole thread is about being judgey, and I'm sure there've been devil's advocates and trolls, but in reality transmogs were put in so people could look how they wanted. Frack everyone else, yea? I know I know, I'm being that guy.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    A big part of why I quit Tera was just how over-the-top the sexualization was in that game. I couldn't take it seriously, felt like a bizarre hentai in the making.

Which considering the Koreans and their usual MMO designs, isn't too far from the truth?
    You're playing a game which you spend almost your entire time killing people for money and power, and you're upset about a bit of a possible hint of sex; and Koreans?

Cool. It won't. Because this wasn't even in-game. Good reading comprehension though.
    I didn't even read half the post because when I saw "I shamed someone for their xmog" I just laughed at you

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I mean, I know this whole thread is about being judgey, and I'm sure there've been devil's advocates and trolls, but in reality transmogs were put in so people could look how they wanted. Frack everyone else, yea? I know I know, I'm being that guy.
    There's plenty of you guys here, don't sweat it. At least you aren't coming after me like I'm Hitler reborn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're playing a game which you spend almost your entire time killing people for money and power, and you're upset about a bit of a possible hint of sex; and Koreans?
    What? You ever play Korean MMOs? Think you're a bit out of your element here.

...and there was no hint. It was tits n' glossy ass up in yo face 24/7 with grotesquely overdone body shapes and the most orgasmic little battle cries to help set the mood. Some of their MMOs go further than that and usually what reaches The West is a censored version, believe it or not.

There's plenty of you guys here, don't sweat it. At least you aren't coming after me like I'm Hitler reborn.
    Coming after you would be hypocritical of what I had typed. It's supposed to be to each his own. Keep on keepin' on, eh. Do you baby.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I didn't even read half the post because when I saw "I shamed someone for their xmog" I just laughed at you
    Ooooh, edgy. What ever will I do after the pummeling you just gave me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post

Kinda looks like he's wearing stockings.

I approve.
    Yeah I didn't realize the cracked skin was "burn victim" from the waist down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before mogs people used the top tear because they were designed to be the best, not anymore, just make up any shit and call it tier x