Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Probably not exactly on topic, but I'm hoping Legion ends with us expending our artifact power to mirror Dalaran blinking at the start of Legion, and we blink the entire planet elsewhere. That would let us hide from the Legion, let us focus on other themes for a while, and make the next time we encounter a demon much more of an impact.
    That's actually a cool idea. Use the 36 artifacts power and teleport Azeroth to other place. Deal with the 3 Old Gods, Azhara, Bolvar, help the unborn Titan, maybe? Before we face the Legion and the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    That's actually a cool idea. Use the 36 artifacts power and teleport Azeroth to other place. Deal with the 3 Old Gods, Azhara, Bolvar, help the unborn Titan, maybe? Before we face the Legion and the Void Lords.
    Aye. I like the idea, I think it solves a lot of problems like:

Why would we replace artifacts next expansion?
    How we drain them?
    How do we "win" Legion?
    If the Legion is infinite why do they stop attacking, even if the portal closes?

Hiding Azeroth by making the Legion lose track of it goes a long way to giving some interesting story possibilities, as well as exploring more of the universe and dealing with other matters.

Southseas... this time for sure!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think Azshara and N'Zoth might show up in Legion's first patch (at least N'Zoth, raising up Ny'alotha to be our patch-zone). Azshara could probably work as an entire expansion on her own though.

Dealing with the Void is a strong possibility. I'm pretty interested in the actual geography of that place.
    First of all I really like your concept for the Void expansion.

I would like to see us dealing with it, but 4 big battles(Alliance+Horde rebellion Siege, battle against the Iron Hord, A+H protecting Azeroth) back to back wouldn't feel right, we need a bit more lay back expansion like the start of MoP.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope for South Seas (Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Kezan) light-hearted Pandaria first patches style pirate expansion with playable Ogres and Naga - Zul as first tier boss, Ashara as final boss. It could lead to Old God expansion in Old Kingdom below Northend with Bolvar and Sylvanas involvement + necromancer class with Kel'Thuzad as a leader. I know this is predictable but I don't think Blizz will risk like with Pandaria anymore.

I expect to see an expansion where we delve into the shadowlands to fight the void lords' encroachment there. Bolvar and his new scourge would be on our side.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-08-17 at 05:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I hope for South Seas (Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Kezan) light-hearted Pandaria first patches style pirate expansion with playable Ogres and Naga - Zul as first tier boss, Ashara as final boss. It could lead to Old God expansion in Old Kingdom below Northend with Bolvar and Sylvanas involvement + necromancer class with Kel'Thuzad as a leader. I know this is predictable but I don't think Blizz will risk like with Pandaria anymore.
    Low chances of race+class (only happened in MoP). A year ago I would say that there isn't much stuff to do in the South Seas (with Zandalar being sunken now) but after broken shores they could pull something.

As for the Nerubian empire, the Old God there would be Yogg, who is now imprisoned again.

What Pandaria risk? MoP was a great expansion overall and brought in a huge part of good lore (after the Chronicles the Thunder king lore is even better). I hope they add more undiscovered continents to the game with new exotic races.

Pandaren weren't even new in MoP, they appeared in Warcraft 3 (Chen i think)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have loved Wardens being a NE playable class and perhaps spell breakers for BE. Wardens had the potential to fit in this expansion as well as in trying to revenge CF betrayal and ultimately hunting down ilidan and keeping the other DHs in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    First of all I really like your concept for the Void expansion.
    Thanks!

I would like to see us dealing with it, but 4 big battles(Alliance+Horde rebellion Siege, battle against the Iron Hord, A+H protecting Azeroth) back to back wouldn't feel right, we need a bit more lay back expansion like the start of MoP.
    I do think a somewhat smaller scale adventure is in order, and Azshara might provide just that. If she raises up some new land somewhere, or we go to Naz'Jatar to fight her and/or N'Zoth, that would be a less widescale experience than our world-wide fight against the Burning Legion right now. Maybe if the next expansion is N'Zoth trying to corrupt the worldsoul within Azeroth, our focus will be putting together an elite team to stop him, maybe fighting through whatever temple or Old God city he's lurking in.

As for the Nerubian empire, the Old God there would be Yogg, who is now imprisoned again.
    Point of order here, Yogg-Saron is currently as dead as Y'Shaarj and C'Thun. This doesn't mean we won't see him again though - C'Thun was nearly revived, and Y'Shaarj infested the land where he died with those Sha monsters. If we go back to Northrend maybe the same thing has happened with Yogg. Heck, maybe the nerubians will try to revive him or something, and succeed! We haven't seen a full Old God revival yet - C'Thun's revival failed, it seemed like Y'Shaarj might have come back using Garrosh but we put a stop to that... maybe third time's the charm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Thanks!

I do think a somewhat smaller scale adventure is in order, and Azshara might provide just that. If she raises up some new land somewhere, or we go to Naz'Jatar to fight her and/or N'Zoth, that would be a less widescale experience than our world-wide fight against the Burning Legion right now. Maybe if the next expansion is N'Zoth trying to corrupt the worldsoul within Azeroth, our focus will be putting together an elite team to stop him, maybe fighting through whatever temple or Old God city he's lurking in.

Point of order here, Yogg-Saron is currently as dead as Y'Shaarj and C'Thun. This doesn't mean we won't see him again though - C'Thun was nearly revived, and Y'Shaarj infested the land where he died with those Sha monsters. If we go back to Northrend maybe the same thing has happened with Yogg. Heck, maybe the nerubians will try to revive him or something, and succeed! We haven't seen a full Old God revival yet - C'Thun's revival failed, it seemed like Y'Shaarj might have come back using Garrosh but we put a stop to that... maybe third time's the charm.
    The only dead old god is Y'Shaarj, and by killing him the Well of Eternity was created (azeroths blood), so thats why the others are imprisoned. C'Thun has returned during the Med'an comics and the faceless in the new Ulduar quest are proof that Yogg is still alive too, and wasnt happy we were back near him (tho the keepers are keeping him in check now).

I guess what I want from the next expansion is something new, that we can't find a lot of information online.
    Like the blingtron war for example, only the few binary messages tell us about it.

I think Y'Shaarj is more dead than C'Thun and Yogg.
    Y'Shaarj is just gone and is never coming back, he was actually destroyed by the Titans. The Sha and his Heart were his last remnants, and he can't be resurrected.
    I'm reasonably sure that Blizzard said that anyway. His powers were being used, but there was no "brain" there. It was his echoes, essentially.

Yogg and C'Thun though are also dead but still remain "nearby". We're not quite as thorough as a Titan.
    I wouldn't count them as being in the same state exactly. They could come back (but haven't, yet).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think Y'Shaarj is more dead than C'Thun and Yogg.
    Y'Shaarj is just gone and is never coming back, he was actually destroyed by the Titans. The Sha and his Heart were his last remnants, and he can't be resurrected.
    I'm reasonably sure that Blizzard said that anyway. His powers were being used, but there was no "brain" there. It was his echoes, essentially.

Yogg and C'Thun though are also dead but still remain "nearby". We're not quite as thorough as a Titan.
    I wouldn't count them as being in the same state exactly. They could come back (but haven't, yet).
    We can't kill them without damaging Azeroth, that's why the titans imprisoned the other ones after they ripped out Y'Shaarj. We can only push them back and keep a watch on their prisons, since it takes them a long time to regain their power and if we notice it we can easily stop them before another raid is needed.

EX7: I like the idea of taking care of Azshara, Zul and N'zoth in the same expansion, finding what's going on with Neptulon would be cool too.

EX8: Bolvar, the Old Kingdom and helping the world soul/titan in the next.

EX9: Finally ending the Burning Legion.

EX10: Void Lords.

We can't kill them without damaging Azeroth, that's why the titans imprisoned the other ones after they ripped out Y'Shaarj. We can only push them back and keep a watch on their prisons, since it takes them a long time to regain their power and if we notice it we can easily stop them before another raid is needed.
    We killed them dude, we just didn't do it as thoroughly as the Titans.
    Hence how they are "dead" but still able to influence events. They have been killed, but they haven't been entirely destroyed and could come back, unlike Y'Shaarj who was almost completely annihilated.

The "damage to Azeroth" turned out to be because they literally pulled Y'Shaarj bodily out of the earth, ripping wounds into Azeroth as it pulled out the bits where he had dug in, and creating the Well of Eternity from Azeroth's spilled blood.
    We on the other hand only killed the "heads" of C'Thun and Yogg, their enormous bodies remain dug into the planet's crust, oozing corruption and general nastiness, and rooting them out fully would indeed cause tremendous damage.

Unfortunately while they remain there, they still retain some influence, and could be brought back to life.
    They haven't been yet though, so currently they're dead.

Yogg-Saron isn't back giggling in his prison, he's still an enormous parasite corpse, but his consciousness hasn't quite left yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    EX7: I like the idea of taking care of Azshara, Zul and N'zoth in the same expansion, finding what's going on with Neptulon would be cool too.

EX8: Bolvar, the Old Kingdom and helping the world soul/titan in the next.

EX9: Finally ending the Burning Legion.

EX10: Void Lords.
    Hmmm, using the power of the Lich king to heal the world soul would be a nice twist for the character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    We killed them dude, we just didn't do it as thoroughly as the Titans.
    Hence how they are "dead" but still able to influence events. They have been killed, but they haven't been entirely destroyed and could come back, unlike Y'Shaarj who was almost completely annihilated.

The "damage to Azeroth" turned out to be because they literally pulled Y'Shaarj bodily out of the earth, ripping wounds into Azeroth as it pulled out the bits where he had dug in, and creating the Well of Eternity from Azeroth's spilled blood.
    We on the other hand only killed the "heads" of C'Thun and Yogg, their enormous bodies remain dug into the planet's crust, oozing corruption and general nastiness, and rooting them out fully would indeed cause tremendous damage.

Unfortunately while they remain there, they still retain some influence, and could be brought back to life.
    They haven't been yet though, so currently they're dead.

Yogg-Saron isn't back giggling in his prison, he's still an enormous parasite corpse, but his consciousness hasn't quite left yet.
    Well just as any parasite, it's not "dead" until you completely remove it from the host, and in this case we can't remove the parasite without hurting the host(old gods would slowly regenerate over a long time by draining the soul), but we can keep him at bay (which is what the now cleansed Keepers are doing at Ulduar, and whoever is doing it to C'Thun(last I remember there is Medan))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    This is the final expansion.
    You'd wish. Chris Metzen said that there are more expansions in mind (if I remember correct).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    You'd wish. Chris Metzen said that there are more expansions in mind (if I remember correct).
    "We got expansions lined up like bullets in a 6-shooter" are his exact words from a 2013 panel

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    He said, 2 years ago, that they have enough plans for 6 more expansions after WoD if they want to, i think.

Unfortunately you find out what's going on with Neptulon in Legion during the Shaman questline and it turns out to be "nothing much".
    The Shaman storyline is about uniting the four elemental lords so that they will fight the Legion together, instead of not helping at all because they are too busy bickering.

Unfortunately instead of sending you on a quest to rescue him, they just decided I guess that Neptulon escaped by himself off-screen, went back home, and is totally fine now.
    That plotline probably died when the Abyssal Maw raid did tbh.

Deleted
    "We got expansions lined up like bullets in a 6-shooter" are his exact words from a 2013 panel
    Cool, could that mean 5 expansions after Legion?