Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why has there been no sign yet of tv commercial for legion?

Legion is around the corner, less then 2 weeks away and yet zero sign of any tv promotion towards legion.
    Has WoW dropped down so low of number that they even stopped doing proper advertising?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Do they really need it? The movie basically did all the promotion they need. It's also safe to say that a vast majority of Warcraft's audience may not even have cable TV anymore, most likely they utilize streaming services like Netflix/Amazon over actual cable.

Not to mention at my theater I saw a Legion ad for a couple months in a row, it had several parts of the Legion cinematic in it and the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Do they really need it? The movie basically did all the promotion they need. It's also safe to say that a vast majority of Warcraft's audience may not even have cable TV anymore, most likely they utilize streaming services like Netflix/Amazon over actual cable.

Not to mention at my theater I saw a Legion ad for a couple months in a row, it had several parts of the Legion cinematic in it and the release date.
    There is still plenty of fish to get from tv audience.
    Even Overwatch had it. Would be ashame to see them skipping it this year. Just like how they stopped making celebrity tv spot commercials.
    Only means bad for WoW sadly.

Idk how you could track this but the commercials for WoD didn't help sales? Idk the lack of commercials is weird to me too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Legion is around the corner, less then 2 weeks away and yet zero sign of any tv promotion towards legion.
    Has WoW dropped down so low of number that they even stopped doing proper advertising?
    I don't know.

But let me ask you this.. since you're obviously A Very Important Person and now that you've uttered A Very Important Question that no one on these boards can obviously answer:

Do you think Blizzard's marketing department has dropped so low, they will jump in here to clarify their promotional strategy for you?

Probably they decided the return they could expect from such commercials would be less than what they would cost.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    ive seen Legion commercials on tv and Hulu. so idk maybe you need to watch more varied channels and programming?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    ive seen Legion commercials on tv and Hulu. so idk maybe you need to watch more varied channels and programming?
    Usually they upload it on youtube and on dutch television no sign yet.

I guess they only wanted to do Overwatch ads, these are just filled all over TV. But back in WoD we used to have a lot of these ads aswell, I wonder why they don't do any extra promotion like the Gorehowl replica on Time's Square.

I'm fairly certain Blizzard themselves have realized the game does it's own marketing these days. Marketing is a HUGE cost and if you can skip it then that's a fucking golden ticket to profits.

all of that post to only say that you think that blizz is too low on numbers. lawls.

Maybe they aren't shown on very many channels, but I have seen a few legion ads on tv

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Haven't saw this on tv or internet or anywhere yet.
    Holland here. Maybe USA only? Or any other EU countries that see it yet?

I have seen it while streaming on Hulu for about a week
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada here. I rarely watch TV, but I've seen some commercials for it also.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I think they are prob waiting until it actually comes out so people can see the commercial and actually be able to go out and buy it rather than have to wait and during which time they may forget all about it. The people who already know its coming out or are still playing don't really need a commercial to get their interest to go buy it. Commercials are more for people who have either lost interest in the game or never played it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Legion ads are also all over Twitch.
    yep this is it.

gamers don't sit around watching TV these days.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    that is a damn good trailer if i do say so my self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the target market of blizz games still watch the TV medium? aren't we all about digital / streaming???
    Hi