Deleted

New Logitech G series, Pro Gaming mouse

Heya folks.

I'm excited and already pre-ordered.

But for the rest of you out there unawarez.

Here's what's going on.

There's a new grandure FPS gaming mouse coming out from Logitech. I won't write a review here myself so I'll link some pages instead.
    All credits to their respective authors.

Buy as a US citizen - http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pro...o-gaming-mouse
    Buy as a EU citizen - http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/p...ouse&WT.ac=pro

Review - http://www.overclock.net/t/1608862/l...-review-by-ino

Mouse was announced today @ morning.

Officially on the 15th If I am correct.

First batches will arrive for customers on the 10th of Sept.

Right now, it's up for pre-orders.

Whoah, this seems way too much like an ad for my taste.

Anyways doesn't seem too good for me at least, I've gotten used to my hand being slightly tilted and this just seems like a pretty basic mouse for the price. Certainly not worth 80 Euros(for me), considering few of the best gaming mouses out there are below 50 €.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Whoah, this seems way too much like an ad for my taste.

Anyways doesn't seem too good for me at least, I've gotten used to my hand being slightly tilted and this just seems like a pretty basic mouse for the price. Certainly not worth 80 Euros(for me), considering few of the best gaming mouses out there are below 50 €.
    Well, I probably did come off as an advertiser.

But yeah, if you're not that far into it, then it's probably not for you.

Looks bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Looks bad.
    If you've ever had a g303 in your hands, you'd know that looks can be deceiving.

Deleted
    i like logitech... good Quality imo!
    but this mouse has not enough buttons for me :-(

Would be very very very hard to trump SteelSeries with this one. SteelSeries FPS mice are a lot cheaper too.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Not really.

For the average Joe, well, yeah probably at the start, because they don't know any better but the folks who are serious about it and know what they want, will all be probably buying this one instead. And when it does get itself going, oh boy...

I honestly think that if it comes out and it doesn't have any longer term wide-spread QC issues. It may aswell dominate the market in the long run.

Many would say, it is the best mouse, shape-wise and performance-wise on the market.

It doesn't appeal to the cool-kid yard with the "having a ton of buttons" and "led strips everywhere, RGB lighting under every key" etc. but carries simplicity and perfection.
    Those are granted, in case it doesn't have any problems. Oh and it actually has 1 LED strip too, so even better for it.

The main buttons, if it's anything like it's predecessor in button design, the g303, then it'll just kill all of the competition.
    It already has the #1 sensor on the market, undoubtedly.
    And the shape is *safe*, meaning that almost all grip-styles and finger placement styles, either 121 or 131 will be able to hold it comfortably. Excluded are the guys with mega-hands obviously but they are not the ones catered to anyway and those people are rare. I'm talking about some really serious hand size, so large that it just vanishes into your palm. Maybe what? 24cm+ from tip of middle finger to base length.

Steelseries in my honest opinion only really caters to the folks who want high-weight in a good-ish mouse. Something that I've never understood on their side with all the rivals.
    And frankly, the O-led features? Lol . Seriously, it's gimmicky and useless, only adding even more weight to their already heavy mice. Heavy and bulky mice.
    Although they are good, don't get me wrong but the main buttons is probably the area that they will lose out on the most. All of them in fact.

I had a g303 before, I returned it because of the rattling sensor problem that a very large batch of them have. This mouse, in the title, is basically the improvement of that and all else. Whilst I used g303 for the lil' while that I had. Wow, amazing, never been so good ever before. Especially the button clicks. Especially those.

The mice I've owned and some still own are: Razer Diamondback(the old one), Razer Naga x3, Roccat KPM Optical x4, G303, G502 x2, G900(In use right now), Razer Deathadder, Zowie FK2 x2, Mad Catz Rat 7 MMO, Roccat Tyon and a few more... but those are the noteable ones.

PS. I'm not even close to the folks over at overclock.net doing this stuff, those boys can tell you even more about these mice.

You're an obvious fanboy. Or work for Logitech. That's not even funny.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

The last good mice i got from Logitech was the MX Performance but after that every new mice like the G600/G502 was trash, no quality no durability.
    I tried some Roccat and Razor mices but they also fail in durability.
    Now iam using the Corsair Sabre for 35€ and i must say its a nice mice with the quality that Logitech once had.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Would be very very very hard to trump SteelSeries with this one. SteelSeries FPS mice are a lot cheaper too.
    i went through about 10 steelseries mice in the course of 4 years. theyre a pretty god awful brand, at least in my experience. logitech has NEVER lasted less than 2 years for me.

that said, this mouse looks pretty generic, i prefer more buttons personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i went through about 10 steelseries mice in the course of 4 years. theyre a pretty god awful brand, at least in my experience. logitech has NEVER lasted less than 2 years for me.

that said, this mouse looks pretty generic, i prefer more buttons personally.
    I have my Sensei for 4 years already, granted I only use it for FPS games which is not very often these days. My main one is a G400s.

Deleted
    Its logitech so it'll be solid, it's not enough to part me with my G502 though.

Shame they decided to go with a yet another FPS gaming mouse, rather than releasing a new successor to the G600. It's been around for a pretty long time and it looks out of place with the whole newer mice around.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"