Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Unfortunately you find out what's going on with Neptulon in Legion during the Shaman questline and it turns out to be "nothing much".
    The Shaman storyline is about uniting the four elemental lords so that they will fight the Legion together, instead of not helping at all because they are too busy bickering.

Unfortunately instead of sending you on a quest to rescue him, they just decided I guess that Neptulon escaped by himself off-screen, went back home, and is totally fine now.
    That plotline probably died when the Abyssal Maw raid did tbh.
    Just checked it. You are right. Oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Cool, could that mean 5 expansions after Legion?
    I think that means they have plenty of expansions left, the number means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Cool, could that mean 5 expansions after Legion?
    I can see content for at least 4, so... Blizzard probably has 2 or 3 "filler" ones that end up not being that much of a filler but actual good content like Pandaria.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like something new and fresh like MoP. Having demons in three expansions in the row would be meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's also getting time for another Azeroth revamp, with Cata being almost 6 years old(maybe to allow flying from 1 continent to another

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    The only dead old god is Y'Shaarj, and by killing him the Well of Eternity was created (azeroths blood), so thats why the others are imprisoned. C'Thun has returned during the Med'an comics and the faceless in the new Ulduar quest are proof that Yogg is still alive too, and wasnt happy we were back near him (tho the keepers are keeping him in check now).
    C'Thun was almost revived during the Med'an comics but his revival was prevented. He was basically in the state Y'Shaarj was (reduced to dead remains that whisper with echoes of his power). Yogg-Saron was reduced to the same state at the end of the Ulduar raid, he even yells out that his corpse's shadow will choke the land for eternity - I hadn't heard of these new quests though, so maybe his status has changed. When an Old God dies, their 'essence' spills out into the surrounding region and creates monsters. That's what happened with Y'Shaarj and the Sha, it might also happen with C'Thun and Yogg-Saron, which could be what the Keepers are keeping in check. Have you got a link to these new Ulduar quests? I'm intrigued - Yogg is my favorite Old God, so I'd love to see him again.

I think Y'Shaarj is more dead than C'Thun and Yogg.
    Y'Shaarj is just gone and is never coming back, he was actually destroyed by the Titans. The Sha and his Heart were his last remnants, and he can't be resurrected.
    I'm reasonably sure that Blizzard said that anyway. His powers were being used, but there was no "brain" there. It was his echoes, essentially.

Yogg and C'Thun though are also dead but still remain "nearby". We're not quite as thorough as a Titan.
    I wouldn't count them as being in the same state exactly. They could come back (but haven't, yet).
    This is only speculation, but I think Y'Shaarj could have possibly been revived if we hadn't stopped Garrosh. The whispers of Y'Shaarj's blood make reference to him feeding - I think if his power had spread through Garrosh's Horde and they had caused enough havoc and destruction for his power to feed on, Y'Shaarj might have been able to fully resurrect himself. Just speculation, but I think its possible for a 'mostly dead' Old God to come back to life if there's still enough of their corpse and power hanging around - in the comics, Cho'Gall nearly revived the dead corpse of C'Thun, and the closer C'Thun came to being revived the more powerful and monstrous Cho'Gall became, just like how Garrosh mutated into a huge monster during his fight with players. Cho'Gall and Garrosh were both defeated, so C'Thun's power might have 'burnt out' the same way Y'Shaarj did, making them both fully dead. If Yogg-Saron is only 'mostly dead', he might still be eligible for resurrection.

It's also getting time for another Azeroth revamp, with Cata being almost 6 years old(maybe to allow flying from 1 continent to another
    Agree but didn't Blizzard complain't that Cataclysm revamped zones gave too much work for what it was worth in the end?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Agree but didn't Blizzard complain't that Cataclysm revamped zones gave too much work for what it was worth in the end?
    Personally I think it was worth it, it enabled flying(they had to remove a bunch of invisible walls and stuff), also upped the graphical quality.
    The second time around they could just fix up the destruction caused, bridges connecting the barrens, south Hyjal starting to heal, blasted lands starting to heal. Introduce new hubs in some zones with pandaren that came etc.(Nightborne/Nightfallen too).

Do something with Gilneas.

Also some damage left by the legion in the invaded zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This is only speculation, but I think Y'Shaarj could have possibly been revived if we hadn't stopped Garrosh. The whispers of Y'Shaarj's blood make reference to him feeding - I think if his power had spread through Garrosh's Horde and they had caused enough havoc and destruction for his power to feed on, Y'Shaarj might have been able to fully resurrect himself. Just speculation, but I think its possible for a 'mostly dead' Old God to come back to life if there's still enough of their corpse and power hanging around - in the comics, Cho'Gall nearly revived the dead corpse of C'Thun, and the closer C'Thun came to being revived the more powerful and monstrous Cho'Gall became, just like how Garrosh mutated into a huge monster during his fight with players. Cho'Gall and Garrosh were both defeated, so C'Thun's power might have 'burnt out' the same way Y'Shaarj did, making them both fully dead. If Yogg-Saron is only 'mostly dead', he might still be eligible for resurrection.
    I agree there, but I think that's the difference.
    C'Thun and Yogg are still (mostly) intact. We just killed whatever stubby bit was sticking out of the ground.
    Yshaarj on the other hand got ripped entirely out of the planet. Most of his remains are in space, or otherwise destroyed. He doesn't have a body to revive, the biggest piece of him that's left was his heart, which Garrosh entirely used up (and that didn't even contain enough power to let him kill us).

I mean Blizzard could definitely add in other pieces later (or even have bits of him fall on us from space), but I think the fact that Y'Shaarj's body was destroyed by a Titan whereas the other two just got poked in the eye/mouth until they stopped moving is probably an important difference where mortality is concerned.

If Y'Shaarj had entirely revived himself through Garrosh he'd be what... slightly bigger than Orc sized?
    Old Gods are buried mountains. He'd be a pretty pathetic excuse of a thing compared to his siblings. And I don't think the power was there to begin with.

7+ Year Old Account
    C'Thun and Yogg are still (mostly) intact. We just killed whatever stubby bit was sticking out of the ground.
    Yshaarj on the other hand got ripped entirely out of the planet. Most of his remains are in space, or otherwise destroyed. He doesn't have a body to revive, the biggest piece of him that's left was his heart, which Garrosh entirely used up (and that didn't even contain enough power to let him kill us).

I mean Blizzard could definitely add in other pieces later (or even have bits of him fall on us from space), but I think the fact that Y'Shaarj's body was destroyed by a Titan whereas the other two just got poked in the eye/mouth until they stopped moving is probably an important difference where mortality is concerned.

If Y'Shaarj had entirely revived himself through Garrosh he'd be what... slightly bigger than Orc sized?
    Old Gods are buried mountains. He'd be a pretty pathetic excuse of a thing compared to his siblings.
    You could see that the Y'Shaarj's remains were rapidly grown while on Garosh, so he would be huge in time.

But just imagine, we're batteling the Avatar of Sargeras at the Broken Shore in front of the Tomb, we have him on 10% and all of a sudden a giant hunk of flesh falls down at terminal velocity and kills him, I guess you could say Aman'Thul got his revenge.

What about the idea of one of Yshaarj's pieces falling on the moon and slowly growing(idk where it would get the magic from tho)?

To be honest rather than raining bits of Y'Shaarj I'd rather, if they want to do something like that, they simply had a new Old God land somewhere that we have to deal with.
    As far as I could tell there's not really anything saying that the Void Lords could only make a certain number of them and then stopped. There could be more hurtling Azeroth-wards right now.

An expansion where you go to the moon sounds like a pretty hilarious concept, though I admittedly am not quite sure why an Old God landing on the moon would be that bad (it's definitely better than it landing on the planet).
    I guess we'd be trying to stop some kind of Majora's Mask event where the Old God crashes it into Azeroth to directly expose itself to the world's heart, or something :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Also for the remaining Old Gods, the rest of them still goes deep down to the source of magic/the soul (same source as the well of eternity), so as long as they can drain magic, they can regenerate.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest rather than raining bits of Y'Shaarj I'd rather, if they want to do something like that, they simply had a new Old God land somewhere that we have to deal with.
    As far as I could tell there's not really anything saying that the Void Lords could only make a certain number of them and then stopped. There could be more hurtling Azeroth-wards right now.

An expansion where you go to the moon sounds like a pretty hilarious concept, though I admittedly am not quite sure why an Old God landing on the moon would be that bad (it's definitely better than it landing on the planet).
    I guess we'd be trying to stop some kind of Majora's Mask event where the Old God crashes it into Azeroth to directly expose itself to the world's heart, or something :P
    Did you see the legion raid battle against Star Augur Etraeus in the nighthold? A portion of the fight is space among planets greatly infested by Old Gods.
    My guess is they send them in pack of 4 to cover 4 aspects needed to corrupt the soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think even the heart alone might have been enough for a revival. We saw in the Tomb of Y'Shaarj that even dead the heart is pumping out black blood that manifests into creatures and mutates those it infects. When the heart is empowered by the waters of the Vale and moved to Orgrimmar, mystics there are infusing Y'Shaarj's power into people and weapons, and creating mutated monster-orcs like Malkorok. Imagine if each drop of Old God blood contains a trace of their power and influence, just like saronite did in Northrend. Y'Shaarj's remains were essentially being spread throughout the Horde - if each weapon infused with blood and each warrior mutated by his power were turned into an extension of Y'Shaarj, that's a lot of bodies and a lot of ways for him to feed. In a sense, the whole Horde would have become his new body. In time he may have been able to regenerate his original form completely from his heart, maybe small at first, but steadily growing as the Horde spread and engulfed the world in carnage.

Again, all speculation but... damn, that would've been cool.

What about the idea of one of Yshaarj's pieces falling on the moon and slowly growing(idk where it would get the magic from tho)?
    Who's to say Azeroth's moons are lifeless like ours? Maybe there are all kinds of living beings and magical power there, too. A spreading fleshscape of Old God corruption would look pretty rad though - something like the Grimvault areas of Wildstar, where the Strain overtakes everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Who's to say Azeroth's moons are lifeless like ours? Maybe there are all kinds of living beings and magical power there, too. A spreading fleshscape of Old God corruption would look pretty rad though - something like the Grimvault areas of Wildstar, where the Strain overtakes everything.
    Oh true, moons might also be a part of the titan once it hatches too (like a battery or energy backup)

Personally I think it was worth it, it enabled flying(they had to remove a bunch of invisible walls and stuff), also upped the graphical quality.
    The second time around they could just fix up the destruction caused, bridges connecting the barrens, south Hyjal starting to heal, blasted lands starting to heal. Introduce new hubs in some zones with pandaren that came etc.(Nightborne/Nightfallen too).

Do something with Gilneas.

Also some damage left by the legion in the invaded zones.
    I would like that.

I don't think Old Gods necessarily have to land on a planet which is an incubating Titan in order to develop either.
    After all, The Chronicle implies that Azeroth is the last remaining Titan... which means the planets in the background of Star Augur Atreus can't also house incubating Titans.

They probably grow wherever they land, and corrupt the area and inhabitants to further the inscrutable plans of the Void Lords, it's just much more ideal if they land on a world where they can attempt to corrupt the planet's soul and create a vessel for their masters.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Old Gods necessarily have to land on a planet which is an incubating Titan in order to develop either.
    After all, The Chronicle implies that Azeroth is the last remaining Titan... which means the planets in the background of Star Augur Atreus can't also house incubating Titans.

They probably grow wherever they land, and corrupt the area and inhabitants to further the inscrutable plans of the Void Lords, it's just much more ideal if they land on a world where they can attempt to corrupt the planet's soul and create a vessel for their masters.
    They landed on a lot of planets looking for world souls, only thing they need to feed is magic, and most worlds have that in WoW.

There were 2 KNOWN planets with souls, Sargeras destroyed one that was I imagine in the state like the ones in the pics.

Also notable is that Elune has a strong connection to one of Azeroth's moons, and is also implied to have at least some connection to the planet's World Soul, so there's presumably something important up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh true, moons might also be a part of the titan once it hatches too (like a battery or energy backup)
    Also notable is that Elune has a strong connection to one of Azeroth's moons, and is also implied to have at least some connection to the planet's World Soul, so there's presumably something important up there.
    Elune is a Titan computer AI running Azeroth's backup power supply!

Talking about Titans and World Souls, our Titan must be really strong if he's gonna succeed where the whole Pantheon failed together.