15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Don't really play alot of BLM anymore, but this is my current glamour set for it (minus the staff, i didn't look for anything yet):
    (could also work for SMN i suppose)
    If you had a top hat I would say that's a very Zatanna look going on.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Don't really play alot of BLM anymore, but this is my current glamour set for it (minus the staff, i didn't look for anything yet):

(could also work for SMN i suppose)
    Nicely done. Sadly enough, I don't think I've ever gotten that chest piece (plague bringer's or whatever it's called from Arbortoreum/Pharos HM) to drop. If I did, it's long been sold for GC seals to feed my appetite for anima weapons.

Going to hang onto it if I get it again, though.

Census is in and only 3088 people got the 13 weapon youkai mount, daaang.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Numbers courtesy of the "unofficial" census.

Those Alexander numbers are...well, yeouch. Interesting how the JP servers trounce both NA and EU as a whole. I figured EU would be much closer given how EU servers dominate raid progression in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wellll still time to get it if I am right

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I figured EU would be much closer given how EU servers dominate raid progression in WoW.
    It could be a regional thing. WoW is pretty much dead compared to 5 years ago in places like the UK but still as popular as ever in places like Sweden or Norway, check the WoW section of this site alone right now and dollars to donuts the die hards will usually have a place from northwestern mainland europe as their location. Conversely those places are less into japanese games like Final Fantasy but in countries like the UK and Italy they are huge. All are EU locations, but theres two very different kinds of tastes in games there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wellll still time to get it if I am right
    Yeah, still a good 6ish weeks left to get that grind done. I happened to get it done because I worked on part of it with a friend of mine, plus there were piles of groups running FATEs for them on Balmung.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, still a good 6ish weeks left to get that grind done. I happened to get it done because I worked on part of it with a friend of mine, plus there were piles of groups running FATEs for them on Balmung.
    I prefer to fate grind solo sooo for me I was waiting fir a die down and doing stuff in wow for now(goddamn has it gone downhill) but good for an easy fix..so simplified that honestly it helps after high stress times

It could be a regional thing. WoW is pretty much dead compared to 5 years ago in places like the UK but still as popular as ever in places like Sweden or Norway, check the WoW section of this site alone right now and dollars to donuts the die hards will usually have a place from northwestern mainland europe as their location. Conversely those places are less into japanese games like Final Fantasy but in countries like the UK and Italy they are huge. All are EU locations, but theres two very different kinds of tastes in games there.
    That would be a fun thing to draw graphics and statistics from, just to get a good idea of who or what regions/nations tend to play the most.

Just been using it to level alt jobs myself, all dat grand company currency meng.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just have some 15 medal minions left to do but monster hunter generations has got in the way of my medal grinding recently.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I just have some 15 medal minions left to do but monster hunter generations has got in the way of my medal grinding recently.
    Same, rotating them with overwatch summer stuff.

Ultros spotted off the coast of California!
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-1...er-sea/7751212

It's almost cute, almost.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers courtesy of the "unofficial" census.

Those Alexander numbers are...well, yeouch. Interesting how the JP servers trounce both NA and EU as a whole. I figured EU would be much closer given how EU servers dominate raid progression in WoW.
    How accurate is that anyways? Cause 3k people for the mount, damn o.o

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh it's a lodestone scouring bot, something like what Chaud does for WoW armory.
    http://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/archive...8186.html#more

10+ Year Old Account
    Most WoW raiders would not be interested in FF because 4 bosses in 6 months are simply not enough to hold their interest and I doubt ex Primae are difficult enough for them to matter.

While Cerberus 0.41% midas clear rate is hilarious, JPs 7.8% rate is pretty high. At least if you compare it with Mythic clear numbers of end bosses which typically stay below 5% until stuff gets nerfed/outgeared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Most WoW raiders would not be interested in FF because 4 bosses in 6 months are simply not enough to hold their interest and I doubt ex Primae are difficult enough for them to matter.

While Cerberus 0.41% midas clear rate is hilarious, JPs 7.8% rate is pretty high. At least if you compare it with Mythic clear numbers of end bosses which typically stay below 5% until stuff gets nerfed/outgeared.
    Ex primals are more difficult than a lot of fights in WoW and I d go as far as to say that savage is on par with mythic difficulty if not harder (I m looking at you a6 and a8). As someone who has done mythic for several years in WoW and am now doing 4 weeks of casual progression on a8s I can say the difficulty is just on par with the harder bosses of mythic. A5s is typically a boss you d see after clearing 2-3 bosses in mythic and a6s would be in the last 3 bosses range of difficulty.
    A7 is on par with the "standard difficulty" mythic bosses (a little more punishing with each death buffing the boss) and a8s is ungodly difficult.
    So technically it could hold their interest cause clearing these 4 bosses would take asmuch investment and time as a raid in WoW but it just seems awkward to them I guess. It's all a matter of getting used to.
    That being said I logged in to my friends WoW account these days to check out the pre patch changes. Boy oh boy was LFR as cancerous as ever. We did not wipe cause you really cannot wipe even if you tried (which just made it a piss ass boring whack a loot pinata) but the whole attitude and pace... Makes me wanna wipe on ozma all day instead.
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2016-08-18 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Boy oh boy was LFR as cancerous as ever. We did not wipe cause you really cannot wipe even if you tried (which just made it a piss ass boring whack a loot pinata) but the whole attitude and pace... Makes me wanna wipe on ozma all day instead.
    *chuckles* I can imagine that, given all the class revamps.
    WOD LFR is one of the most retarded things I'v seen in modern gaming. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could consider that "fun" and "entertaining".

FFs 24man LFRs are worlds better.

Yeah I was mainly talking about the # of bosses not the difficulty (if I understand correctly, ex primals are quite a bit easier than savage Alexander, which is why I excluded them).
    To be honest: I raided Mythic/Heroic for years too and I can't imagine raiding the same 4 bosses for 6 months. That has to get boring. Esp when you consider the "only log in to raid b/c fluff content doesn't matter" mindset that most WoW raiders seem to have.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-08-18 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOD LFR is one of the most retarded things I'v seen in modern gaming. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could consider that "fun" and "entertaining".

Honestly? I don't consider LFR "fun and entertaining" in either game.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted

Yeah I was mainly talking about the # of bosses not the difficulty (if I understand correctly, ex primals are quite a bit easier than savage Alexander, which is why I excluded them).
    To be honest: I raided Mythic/Heroic for years too and I can't imagine raiding the same 4 bosses for 6 months. That has to get boring. Esp when you consider the "only log in to raid b/c fluff content doesn't matter" mindset that most WoW raiders seem to have.
    It does but at the same time I have to say it's been a nice journey.
    A6s almost broke me. Especially since the one fucking us up is a close friend of mine who does not want to push the same effort as everyone else so it lead to me (raid leader) gettin super mad sometimes but at the same time not really being able to do anything in fear of it affecting our IRL relationship. I swear we were wiping on the same shit on blaster for 3-4 weeks and when my gf who started playing mmos a year ago compared to us supposed 10 year "veterans" could do it better than him and picked it up faster it was getting on my nerves.
    There is a point (and for me most of the time I pick up mechanics very very fast) at which you just do everythin automatically without any thought process and you just wait for everyone else to stop fucking up so you can see the light of progress. After the 3rd week it starts to get very frustrating.
    It's times like this that I miss my old hardcore guild in WoW back when I was doing Algalon and 0 lights yog. Boy could I not stand raiding 5 times a week... but my co raiders all shared similar goals and put the same effort thus making it more bearable. Unfortunately, no time for that anymore :P

EDIT: as for the WoW mindset, I used to have it once too. In FFXIV I don't though simply because I feel like I have more stuff to do. Also I like the fluff here a lot more for some reason. Toys in WoW were not fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    LFR in FFXIV is by no means the pinnacle of entertainment but at least you feel like you re doing something. Even in my savage gear its still entirely possible to wipe on boss mechanics if you dont follow them however simple they might be.
    It's also a different raid and a different aesthetic so you get away from doing HFC in 4 different difficulties :P
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2016-08-18 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    There is a point (and for me most of the time I pick up mechanics very very fast) at which you just do everythin automatically without any thought process and you just wait for everyone else to stop fucking up so you can see the light of progress. After the 3rd week it starts to get very frustrating.
    Ooh how I know that feeling.
    I'm by no means "super gifted hardcore" or anything but yes, typically I was one of those in my guild who spent everything past the first 15 tries waiting for others to finally turn off netflix and donate 100% attention to WoW.

Ugh.

Can't imagine the amount of stress if the one F**** up would be my IRL buddy. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, I play a healer.
    Healing all 24 people City certainly never gets boring.