Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    What i dont get is how everytime i land in a zone i start from stage 1 with 15+ other players who join me all the way to stage 4, how the hell do groups get coordinated like that!? Thats something that really impresses me!
    the main logic is really simple:
    0. x = 0
    1. x = x + 1
    2. search for existing invasion instances that are stage x and have empty slot
    3. if found, place player in that instance
    4. if not found, create new instance
    5. after completing a stage return to step 1.

I get what the OP is saying. If you never visit 5 or 6 zones you would never really know the legion was here. I think we can thank everyone that complained during the wrath pre-event. That was the first and last event to really change the game world and people threw fits and threatened to cancel their accounts because of it. This pre-event is a lot bett than the last few though by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    Hm. Don't see why they couldn't add more zones as well.

Generally they have them in strategic area's around major cities. I don't think there would be any point in having a legion invasion in Thousand Needles etc.
    There's no real point in assaulting Tanaris either, though. It's far from any of the faction cities, and they're not even focusing their attack on the actual point of interest there. They're trying to raze Gadgetzan instead of going after the Cavern of Times or even instead of trying to gain access to Uldum with its Titan technology.

They're also only trying to assault Orgrimmar in Kalimdor. There's nothing threatening Darnassus or the Exodar, and Thunderbluff is not really accessible from the Northern Barrens. They could have easily added something in Darkshore or Felwood, maybe Ashenvale. They could have been after Nordrassil in Hyjal, too, since they tried to destroy it before. Even on the Eastern Kingdoms they're not even interested in the Sunwell, which they once used to summon Kil'jaeden.

They didn't go for strategic assault points, they just went with ones that are conveniently placed so that they're easy to get to, and populated while leveling.

Week 3 will have the invasions up constantly. Plus while we're wasting time saving our cities, they're setting up their big game on the isles.

The 1st round of quests already saw them attacking dalaran, karazhan and Ulduar, etc. So their reach is huge.

Also gameplay and story segregation. We are fighting off the legions shock tactics but they just keep coming back and there is a toll on the environment, civilians and soldiers every time.

THe fact we have multiple people turning into dreadlords in the dwarven and trade distracts, slaughtering a number of people before getting taken down, is presence enough for now. i wonder if the whispers will ramp up too?

WTB Kiljaden rampaging through Ogrimmar next week! Make it happen Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    There's no real point in assaulting Tanaris either, though. It's far from any of the faction cities, and they're not even focusing their attack on the actual point of interest there. They're trying to raze Gadgetzan instead of going after the Cavern of Times or even instead of trying to gain access to Uldum with its Titan technology.
    I think the considerations are purely technical, 3 invasion areas per continent, in fairly easy to reach areas which have wide open spaces for the buildings that spawn, especially the latter requirement takes a lot of zones out of the mix (1K needles, Ashenvale, Felwood, Feralas, Duskwood, Northern and Southern Stranglethorn...), don't look for deep lore reasons for the invasion spots, they put the invasion areas in places where they could be fitted in easily, makes sense for them to take the easy way for a 3-week event...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can make a stab at justifying Tanaris and Azshara. The Goblins. They probably look like the weak link in the Horde, with their emphasis on profits and a Trade Prince as a leader; however, they are a key part of the Horde's ability to produce and handle advanced weaponry.

Gnomes do much the same for the Alliance and we see the Legion gets two for one with Gadgetistan. The Legion ise also setting themselves up at the foot of Ironforge (still somewhat home to the Gnomes) and next to Gnomergan.

The Night Elves would still have things like glaive throwers, and the Dwarves have steam tanks, but Gnomes and Goblins were crucial to the air fleets of each side.

They are weakening small races that are on the edge of their respective groups, but which provide technical skills
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.