Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, another game I will just get in Japanese then... =\

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm a big proponent of "Wait and see" before I go judging, but I will say that this game makes less sense than Fire Emblem in terms of localization.
    There is no wait and see here, 8-4 is known for having some of the shittiest localizations out there.
    Take Drakengard 3 as an example. Hell Nier was a shitfest when it came to localization aswell.

I don't know wether to blame Taro for being completely out of touch with his western audience, or to blame SJW's for creating an atmosphere that gives off an false imagery of western gamers to japanese developers, i'm falling on the former one in this case.

As a friend said.
    "Nier was one of the most fucking niche games out there, especially considering a large portion of the fucking story wasn't even in the game, but in the Grimoire supplement. The game is not a fucking popular thing as is, just look how it sold. They will not convince anyone that didn't play/read about Nier to play this one."

What a fucking shame, this destroyed alot of hype i had for the game.
    Hopefully there will be an Asia release with english subs, but i doubt it.

This shit is just going to alienate the playerbase, me including.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-07-04 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Grimoire Nier is a gigantic (Japanese) book with a lot more backstory and ending "E".
    Localizers suck! D:

Nier was one of the games that got me to cave and get a ps4 for the oh so many great exclusives coming out this and early next year. cant wait for this game. is the 1st one playable on a ps4? and is it similar to the new one?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah, Grimoire Nier is a gigantic (Japanese) book with a lot more backstory and ending "E".
    Localizers suck! D:
    It's insulting, Taro honestly insulted our intelligence and capability with how he worded himself on the localization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Nier was one of the games that got me to cave and get a ps4 for the oh so many great exclusives coming out this and early next year. cant wait for this game. is the 1st one playable on a ps4? and is it similar to the new one?
    I don't think there's a PS4 version of the first Nier. Also Xb360 and PS3 versions are different for the first game due to localization, which is pretty derp.

As for similar, it's being co-developed with different developers, so combat wise it'd be different. Automata is co-develop with Platinum, first game is co-develop with Cavia. Outside of combat however, they say some things should be similar. Weapon collection that's been the same throughout the entire Drag-on Dragoon / Drakengard and Nier is there. I don't know outside of that however.

Speaking of, need to change the thread title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    It's insulting, Taro honestly insulted our intelligence and capability with how he worded himself on the localization.
    Honestly think a lot of 3rd party (or all!) localizers are like that. Just look at NISA...
    Cynic in me is superiority complex since they can read Japanese (lawl I can too), and translate it so they probably think they can do anything and people would accept it. I find that it occurs more to the English audience than other languages though. FFXIV for example from what (little) I've gathered, the German/French translation is more true to the Japanese than the English is.

Honestly think a lot of 3rd party (or all!) localizers are like that. Just look at NISA...
    Cynic in me is superiority complex since they can read Japanese (lawl I can too), and translate it so they probably think they can do anything and people would accept it. I find that it occurs more to the English audience than other languages though. FFXIV for example from what (little) I've gathered, the German/French translation is more true to the Japanese than the English is.

Yep, and here is the thing, they try to excuse themself with how for example Japanese puns is too hard to translate into english, and sure, changing some dialogue to fit western audience more is just fine, but they change entire plotlines, entire characters.
    Just because Joe down the street don't understand that one japanese joke, doesn't mean you have to change entire parts of the game as how you see fit, or insert 9gag tier outdated memes into the game.

Pathetic excuses from people who should be simply translating it, and at best do minor dialogue changes.
    Anime/manga FAN subbers manage to do it perfectly fine, for free, yet so called professionals can't?

I know who i should blame for creating this false imagery of western gamers to japanese developers, but that's another discussion not fit for this thread.

Localizers suck! D:
    After the recent "Thank GOD i can get to all this problematic content and remove it #safespace" shit from nintendo treehouse employees its really hard to trust a lot of localisation companies that seem to employ the typical millenial white hipster who decides to be offended by proxy and act as censorship and thought police. These are folk that shit all over actual artists creativity for reasons like "patting a girl on the head is japanese internalised rape culture and thats NOT okay" and thats not people i want to vote with my wallet for sticking around.

That's really impressive. Love the fluidity in the character's movements. This is gonna be one hell of a game if all the bosses are on par with, or better than this opera singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post

That's really impressive. Love the fluidity in the character's movements. This is gonna be one hell of a game if all the bosses are on par with, or better than this opera singer.
    early 2017 cant get here fast enough! and also thats just phase 1 of the opera singer. im excited.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

!@#$ this game.

Looks like a great game, but if the demo fight is any example, prolly too rough for me, and not my cup of tea.

The 3d avoidance in particular seems like it would need better camera control then I can usually manage in these sorts of games.

NieR:Automata will be coming to PC(Steam). Announced by Yoko Taro on IGN's Gamescom live stream. Game will be out early 2017 on both platforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by demoncrash View Post
    nier:automata will be coming to pc(steam). announced by yoko taro on ign's gamescom live stream. Game will be out early 2017 on both platforms.
    praise. Fucking. Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    !@#$ this game.

Looks like a great game, but if the demo fight is any example, prolly too rough for me, and not my cup of tea.

The 3d avoidance in particular seems like it would need better camera control then I can usually manage in these sorts of games.
    I've seen the other demo, and the camera is pretty similar to other games from Platinum Games, which to be fair works pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still gonna get it on PS4. These JRPG ports are hit and miss as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    NieR:Automata will be coming to PC(Steam). Announced by Yoko Taro on IGN's Gamescom live stream. Game will be out early 2017 on both platforms.
    man that video where yoko taro announced that its coming to steam was weird as fuck lmao..

Ok, i am so done. So baked it's insane. I need this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eve is a dude. O.o

The music is glorious as the previous. Gief.

Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-09-18 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just played the demo on PS4. It was just 30 minutes so nothing crazy, but it definitely sold me on the combat completely. I do hope that most of the combat is just the basic gun and sword stuff and they don't implement gimmicks into most of the boss fights, because the core combat is extremely smooth and solid.

These Japanese companies are killing it right now with these demos. First, Nioh and now Nier. I'm definitely a fan.