Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    They said at Blizzcon 2015 that the raid release schedule will be similar to that of WoD. Emerald Dream comes a few weeks after release, and Suramar Palace another couple of weeks later.
    in wod brf came a few months after hm not few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    7 boss raid is way too few for a first tier when they have the most active sub. They should release both EN and NH
    adn make EN is good as worthless the moment it launches,sounds kinda stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    in wod brf came a few months after hm not few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

adn make EN is good as worthless the moment it launches,sounds kinda stupid.
    Its only stupid if they dont adjust loot tables

7+ Year Old Account
    7 boss raid is way too few for a first tier when they have the most active sub. They should release both EN and NH
    Emerald Nightmare is not it's own tier. If anything, EN is considered the same tier as NH, making it a 17 boss tier. Same as WOD with HM/BRF.

Hellfire Citadel = Tier 18, Nighthold = Tier 19

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Its only stupid if they dont adjust loot tables
    even with same ilvl NH loot >EN loot and what Tigertiddles sayd

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Emerald Nightmare is not it's own tier. If anything, EN is considered the same tier as NH, making it a 17 boss tier. Same as WOD with HM/BRF.

OK tier might not be the correct term. 7 boss raid for 5 months is way too few

likely 2.5-3 months for EN then nighthold in January and run 4-5 months til next raid tier (7.2)

Deleted
    Not true at all. It depends on how long progress will take for the average raider, which depends on the difficulty of encounters, not the amount of encounters there are (although this is a factor, it's not a big as factor as difficulty)

I agree with that part. They really should make raids of one tier equally difficult with equal loot (like T11 in Cata was). Better have less bosses for launch, but with good progression. Making 40% of the tier obsolete after 3 months is very stupid, in my opinion.
    There will also be a small additional raid between The Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold that wraps up the Stormheim story.
    That said, they are going to release another raid in November-December.
    Raid tiers should last around 4 to 5 months.
    With possible NH release in January, next raid tier have to be released in February or March. Seems insane, I don't think they are going to stick to that plan. May be, they meant that raid should last around 4 months? Looks like, we'll have 4 or 5 months after NH release, though it means that the first raid tier will be 8-9 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaffs View Post
    Not true at all. It depends on how long progress will take for the average raider, which depends on the difficulty of encounters, not the amount of encounters there are (although this is a factor, it's not a big as factor as difficulty)
    It's how it should be, but unfortunately they used to push content as soon as it's ready. T14 and T17 were quite short (just 3,5 months for HoF and ToeS in T14 and just 4,5 months for BRF). BRF was overtuned, that's why they nerfed it few times, still only 712 guild killed Blackhand pre-6.2. Hope they won't fail with NH tuning.
    Last edited by Avalrand; 2016-08-18 at 05:19 AM.

It's a good thing we'll have Kara and a mini raid in between then. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avalrand View Post
    I agree with that part. They really should make raids of one tier equally difficult with equal loot (like T11 in Cata was). Better have less bosses for launch, but with good progression. Making 40% of the tier obsolete after 3 months is very stupid, in my opinion.

That said, they are going to release another raid in November-December.

With possible NH release in January, next raid tier have to be released in February or March. Seems insane, I don't think they are going to stick to that plan. May be, they meant that raid should last around 4 months? Looks like, we'll have 4 or 5 months after NH release, though it means that the first raid tier will be 8-9 months.

It's how it should be, but unfortunately they used to push content as soon as it's ready. T14 and T17 were quite short (just 3,5 months for HoF and ToeS in T14 and just 4,5 months for BRF). BRF was overtuned, that's why they nerfed it few times, still only 712 guild killed Blackhand pre-6.2. Hope they won't fail with NH tuning.
    Fyi, Blizzard didn't say tiers should last 4-5 months, they said raids should last 4-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Fyi, Blizzard didn't say tiers should last 4-5 months, they said raids should last 4-5 months.
    Then it's good. I didn't watch gamescom, only looked at recap on MMO-Champion main page.
    Last edited by Avalrand; 2016-08-18 at 05:50 AM.

Then it's good. I didn't watch gamescom, only looked at recap on the MMO-Champion main page.
    Yeah, I just looked at the front page. I'm 99.99% sure mmo-champ is wrong, but I'm gonna go check the vod just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it's good. I didn't watch gamescom, only looked at recap on MMO-Champion main page.
    Followup to my previous post: I'm wrong, well, sort of. https://www.twitch.tv/slootbag/v/84171780 00:33:00 is the relevant part of the vod.

Ion did say "raid tier" when he said the ideal duration is about 4-5 months, but the example he used was Highmaul to BRF. It sounds like Ion simply misspoke, and he meant full sized raids, not necessarily raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post

unless with the recently announced stormheim raid they will pull out a stunt and make : EM + stomheim t19 and nighthold t20 to artificially make 3 raid tiers in legion

Deleted
    Surprised the Stormheim raid stuff was announced before the release date of Emerald Nightmare, but Gamescom tends to be where Blizzard saves a bit of a big reveal for. Hopefully people are getting the question asked about Emerald Nightmares release date, as all else aside, I imagine a few of us are still waiting on the news of when for sure we'll get to start raiding again in Legion.

Probably EN N+H is released at September 21, Mythic EN week later, 7.1 with Karazhan and Stormheim raid in the second half of November (tied to anniversary), Nighthold at the beginning of January.

Deleted
    I mean it's cool and all that we get some "small" raid, 1 boss? in 7.1 "between" EN and Nighthold, but how far back does this push Nighthold? I feel like Nighthold is going to be 7.2 and we are going to be stuck farming EN 6 bosses for god knows how long. Also inb4 they go back to WoD model of just 2 tiers.

Deleted
    Haven't been able to watch any of the videos, but has the question been asked and its been dodged?

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If they keep following raid release patterns like they did with HFC with 2 weeks between each lfr wing.

Week 0: Expansion release

Week 4: Emerald nightmare opens

Week 5: Mythic+Raid finder wing 1 open (first 3 bosses)

Week 7: Raid finder wing 2 open (another 3 bosses)

Week 9: Raid finder wing 3 open (Last boss only)

That would be Everything in first raid open on 1st of november.

Highmaul - Blackrock foundry gap was 1 month after lfr was fully opened. This time around they want first raid to be a entire tier on it's own vs just 0.5 tier in WoD so they will probably do at least 2 month gap maybe 3 months. So a January release on Nighthold would be an early estimate
    Keep in mind that only Nighthold has tier pieces and is the same ilvl as Emerald Nightmare for all difficulties. If they want groups to clear Emerald then they will probably do what they annouced with a 3-4 month delay between raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by jjonesssec View Post
    Keep in mind that only Nighthold has tier pieces and is the same ilvl as Emerald Nightmare for all difficulties. If they want groups to clear Emerald then they will probably do what they annouced with a 3-4 month delay between raid content.
    Nighthold gear used to be equal to EN, but now it is 25 ilvl higher in atlas.

Nighthold gear used to be equal to EN, but now it is 25 ilvl higher in atlas.
    indeed it is - more and more suggesting it will end as t20 not t19 wasnt it orginialy like 10 itlv higher ?

for all we know if they toss in stormheim raid they can put tier gear in there for t19
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-18 at 03:42 PM.

It's either the last week of September or the first week of October. 2-3 weeks after Legion release is just too early i think.