Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Sad thing is it's 100 lvl chars encouraging lowbies afking due to many of them acting like dicks and following people around tagging mobs so their xp is greatly reduced yet it's them people complaining about the lowbies going afk.
    No no, you are getting me slightly wrong... I dislike all who goes AFK at the event, if I can kill them during, I will. It has become a sport now a days, as people are getting tired of having people just standing around, waiting for it to be done.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    You can't wholey blame alot of people though if certain indivduals are enjoying being douchbags about destroying somes xp even though they are trying to help with the invasion in the end you begin to think "fuck it" and alt tab to go read while the invasions on.
    That is true, but if a lvl 20 can join in on the fight, everyone can assist. To be honest, most doesn't go for the kill XP, but for the 'Ive been here' XP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    So you pay a sub and then afk during the content? Way to stick it to Blizz. Bravo.
    Your brilliance is majestic.
    >getting exp from kills
    >hurr durr dont go afk

Do you people even read the shit you type?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    So you pay a sub and then afk during the content? Way to stick it to Blizz. Bravo.
    Your brilliance is majestic.
    This comment made me laugh, thanks for that.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is true, but if a lvl 20 can join in on the fight, everyone can assist. To be honest, most doesn't go for the kill XP, but for the 'Ive been here' XP.
    I see way more level 100's afking then I do lowbies, though maybe the lowbies are smart at making it less obvious, but the 100's can't even be bothered with that..
    Last edited by darklogrus; 2016-08-17 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I see way more level 100's afking then I do lowbies, though maybe the lowbies are smart at making it less obvious, but the 100's can't even be bothered with that..
    Yup, and that I dislike too. Though, they can easily be killed with some devious planning. In my opinion, I would rather have activity counter on the events, must be part of 60% of the events, or no loot. Which would mean, they would have to do more than just poking, or staring at the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchimunchi View Post
    100-300 exp per kill no thanks
    on my 61lvl char im getting 5k exp per kill non elite mob and 20k exp per elite mob (i have full set of heirlooms expect 5% ring)

7+ Year Old Account
    some of us just are that bored :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Which you can't do if you haven't done the main quest chain and I don't think that shows up til 98
    There are Illidari camps with vendors in them in all of the invasion zones.

No idea why people QQing about tagging. I see it 1-2 times pr. invasion. Just realm hop to shit realms with stage3-4 up.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    2k-12k per mob. The problem is when someone hit your target you get maybe 100-300 like you mentioned. This pissing me off because even when I go away from crowd and find lonely mob always someone must come when hes at 20% hp and destroy my XP gain.

But theres not a easy solution for this, if blizz will disable this then it will be abused for powerleveling others.

People who are bored with "standard" leveling and wanted level up alts in a different way.
    Pretty simple fix, have the xp gain be proportional to damage contributed unless you're in a party with similar level folks (ex: when doing LFG dungeons)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    on a solo kill
    on a fucking event that was supposed to promote fighting with others against the legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreWrong View Post
    Yep go ahead and afk, meanwhile I'll stay on my 94 druid killing stuff actually getting levels.

good, can you whisper me were you are when doing this so i can go and fuck up your exp?

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Same. Before the nerf (which is still called buff for some reason, even though you need to fly around 3 times as much and do even more work, which is ridiculous) I participated on multiple characters, and by participated I mean actual participation, not afking. It was fun and the burn out just didn't get to me until now, when I need to basically do it all the time just on one character to be rewarded as much as I did previously for visiting a few zones every 4 hours. Now, I don't feel any obligation to participate, and I afk most of the time. I bring my poor dorf shaman from time to time, try to pick myself a remote area, start soloing elite, get him to low hp, just for some god damn asshat tag it and run away, completelly ruining my xp reward. No, this is not fine. I don't feel rewarded if I participate, it is just too bothersome to do for such a little reward when you can afk. It is essentially putting effort for scraps.

So, yes, congratulations. You turned an actively participating guy into another afk'er.

I will participate when they either buff XP rewards to where it was before or at least somewhat close, or make tagged mobs reward you full xp, regardless how much help you received. Until then, I will sit down and relax.

Exactly this.

Before the nerf, I was actively fighting mobs in the starting place most of the time, as my alts have slow mounts or can't fly and are being power leveled through.

Even leveling 3 chars, I had about a 2 hours gap between invasions to do other stuff with my life.

As it is now, I spend the whole time chasing invasions in an endless loop. By the time I finish the third one, there is usually one more starting.

Makes me not want to actively play. Became extremely grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    They should have just left it alone, it gave people something to do. Less and less people are doing invasions all the time with the constant nerfs
    OR, more and more people are getting done with the invasions. There is a very finite amount of things to do and get from them. It takes an ungeared 700 about 8-10 to have the gear, and fels to upgrade the weapon. After that, not much reason to keep at it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    OR, more and more people are getting done with the invasions. There is a very finite amount of things to do and get from them. It takes an ungeared 700 about 8-10 to have the gear, and fels to upgrade the weapon. After that, not much reason to keep at it.
    This is exactly why it boggles the mind that Blizzard made it worse for leveling alts. Everyone I know that were still doing invasions after the first week were doing them to level their alts after they added the exp to the stages. Now with the tagging issues and the massive nerf to the stage exp nobody bothers doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    This is exactly why it boggles the mind that Blizzard made it worse for leveling alts. Everyone I know that were still doing invasions after the first week were doing them to level their alts after they added the exp to the stages. Now with the tagging issues and the massive nerf to the stage exp nobody bothers doing them.
    Like I said in a thread I made, they should have added in a High cost mount as well. Maybe some toys too. More exclusive things to grind.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

i leveled a mage from 71 to 100 in two nights. from 85 on wards with the xp nerf, if you are able to sologrind mobs at the outskirts in stage 3, u get awsome xp for it, but dont join group and be alone at the mobs.
    This worked very well for me, and my mage now is fully geared (half of his gear is warforged) and was able to buy every transmog and one missing upgrade for weapon to 725 with the 1.5 k shards he got- missing 2nd trinket, and ring, and perhaps an offhand, because the mageblade looks cool, but i choose the wand for practical reasons.

U dont have to cheat or abuse stuff, just play the game, grind the mobs and u will level pretty fast. dont get annoyed, i got ganked and harrassed a lot too (fucking crz with russians and french groups that join just to annoy people on a german rp realm), just take the rez and start grinding again. its effective, its better than doing dungeons (and more fun), and yes perhaps powerquesting would have been at the same speed, if not my realm late night did take ages for stage 3 (i sologrinded stage 3 , aka 100 mobs in like 25 or so minutes till phase 4 spawned, this yielded like half a lvl alone) , u can use some siege weapons or throw bombs for great effect in some invasions, and everything is cool and fine. Afking is not worth it, if you want xp.

Why are people so upset about the XP? It's a bonus event that people were abusing for levels (afk 2+ levels), and now are upset because the ones that were participating get less. Just go level the normal way if you have that much of an issue, otherwise, just afk and get 10-50k XP while you watch YouTube.

Put on 9 levels today completely AFK. 120+ unopened chests.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreWrong View Post
    Yep go ahead and afk, meanwhile I'll stay on my 94 druid killing stuff actually getting levels.

I'm pretty jelly. Pre-flying it wasn't even worth the effort as I could never get to more than a couple of mobs. Now at level 60 I can get to more, but then more people seem to be tagging them and there goes my XP. Plus, since this toon is new, I have virtually no rested XP
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-08-18 at 09:58 PM.