Page 72 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I boosted a Mage to be my main in Legion and I have some rotational/general play questions about Fire. I've played Arcane/Frost in the past and they don't seem too complicated anyway, but I've never played Fire before and it appears that it's going to be the best spec in Legion so I should probably learn it.

Right now my issue is about two things: Pyroblast fishing, and when to delay/cancel casts to avoid losing HU procs.

The process laid out on Icy Veins makes it sound like the normal approach is to Fireball until HU, then Fireblast for hot streak, then cast a Fireball and Pyro at the end of the fireball cast to fish for a second proc.

My questions about this are:

First, in the first situation I'm usually already midway through casting a second fireball when the first fireball causes heating up due to travel time/latency/etc. This means that I'm going Fireball -> Fireball (Fireblast mid cast if HU) -> Pyro - repeat. Is that correct?

Then, in the scenario when I'm left with a HU proc after the pyro/fireball hits (but not a hot streak) I'm already casting another fireball, so do I then again fireblast to convert to hot streak and pyro right after?

If I do this, I seem to burn through my fireblast procs really, really fast even with Flame On talented.

And in regards to Flame On, as soon as I run out of Fire Blast charges during this chain of pyro fishing, should I avoid chain casting fireball and spend a GCD to Flame On, or wait until I have HU, then cancel out of my current Fireball cast to Flame on + fire blast -> Pyro?

The last thing is about pyroblast fishing. I feel like a lot of the time what will happen is that my fireball will hit first (but after I've fired the pyro) and give me HU, but then the pyro won't crit and I'll lose it. The only time this "fishing" seems to work is when either both fireball/pyro crit, or when pyro crits but fireball doesn't.

Is that normal?

I know that's a lot of text. An advance thank-you to anyone who reads it. I'm just trying to figure out the fire rotation right now and everything feels very clunky/awkward, so I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Whats the current stat weights for fire mage at lvl 110? Is there any reliable site that have stat weights for different specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a recommended Artifact Trait order in this thread somewhere? I searched, but haven't found anything yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Is there a recommended Artifact Trait order in this thread somewhere? I searched, but haven't found anything yet.
    Phoenix Reborn first then Pyretic Incantation through cauterizating blink direction then aftershocks is the general consensus from most of the testing done so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ifact-leveling

On the first page you will see 3 suggested paths to take and a discussion about it.

I myself prefer cauterizing blink > phoenix Reborn > Pyretic Incantation

15+ Year Old Account
    Can Fire Mages transmog their artifact to a staff or are we being forced to use MH + OH? My transmog doesn't include MH + OH, and neither do I like how it looks on a Mage.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    You can't transmog items of a type to another type because there are animation issues. Imagine having an animation of a rogue stabbing someone with two daggers. Why would you transmog a hammer there?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Couple random questions pertaining to mythic+/Legion raiding. I wanted to see if I have any misconceptions going into Legion.

1) Will Flame On and Rune of Power overshadow the other talent choices in their tier? I can't remember the last time I specced into Mirror Image.

2) Kind of off-topic, are other classes getting 70+% slows? Just wondering for PVE utility purposes, saw both Blast Wave and Flurry have it

3) What about Meteor in the final tier, will it see use? The 45 second cd seems kind of excessive to me. Comet Storm got some love in another form last xpac.

4) Lastly, is Horn of Valor from mythic+ going to overshadow Legion mythic raiding trinkets? It seems like Combustion/Rune of Power will be a huge part of our damage so being able to augment that part might mean a whole lot more than a random proc damage trinket from Nightmare or Nighthold

Thanks
    1. Unless they are changed significantly then yes. There is no situation where you would take the other talents in those tiers as it is right now.

2. This is only really applicable in dungeons, and in dungeons you will never want to play Frost or take Blast Wave anyway. You still have pretty good tools without it with Nova/DB/Flamestrike slow.

3. It is OK, but currently Kindling is looking like the go-to choice for basically everything. Meteor splitting damage makes it pretty meh.

4. Yes Dungeon trinkets will overshadow raid trinkets, but it probably won't be Horn because Kindling. There is a 90 sec on use one from VoW (haste + stacking int proc) that will be up for every combustion even with Kindling. There is also a 1 min CD trinket from Violet Hold, but you have to get super lucky and titanforge it in your 1 weekly reset since that dungeon is not available on Mythic+. Most of this is speculation, I have not seen any trinket sims other than some very preliminary ones on discord.

The EN raid trinkets are quite underwhelming, the best is probably Wriggling Sinew. For all of the random damage proc ones the Dungeon ones are significantly better in my own experience.
    Last edited by Ammanas; 2016-08-17 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammanas View Post
    Dungeon trinkets will overshadow raid trinkets
    That probably assumes you'll be reliably getting 880+ trinkets from 5mans and I don't know if that is realistic in the medium term.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    That probably assumes you'll be reliably getting 880+ trinkets from 5mans and I don't know if that is realistic in the medium term.
    Doesn't your statement also assume mythic raiding? For all of us out there that will never mythic raid, 865 is the heroic level, so any dungeon trinket 865 or higher would be better than heroic raid trinket. This would also apply to normal raiders at 850. LFR hasn't really been on my radar, but would assume we can lump them in with normal raid level for purposes of trinkets from Mythic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sooooo...
    I have a problem on my Fire Mage.
    For some reason he often casts Fire Blast twice when I only clicked it once.
    Does anyone else have this and do you have any idea on how to fix this? Because it wastes a lot of charges this way.
    Hello Sir

Read the tooltip carefully - it says that you can cast spell 'Fireblast' while casting other spell and is unaffected by global cooldown,
    You think you clicked once, but you must've been just using 'Fireblast' in a wrong way, if you know what I mean.

Use cast on release key instead of cast on press key. And then don't spam your Fire Blast key. And don't click.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    Use cast on release key instead of cast on press key.
    How does that improve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    How does that improve it?
    I'm no technical expert, but I imagine that if you have cast on press and hold down the button a bit too long it may register another press? Does WoW even work like that? Might be because FB is off the GCD and can be used while other things are being cast.

Deleted
    The game doesn't autorepeat actions unless you force it externally from the device.

Deleted
    is it possible to transmog the artifact off hand only in legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm no technical expert, but I imagine that if you have cast on press and hold down the button a bit too long it may register another press? Does WoW even work like that? Might be because FB is off the GCD and can be used while other things are being cast.
    No idea. It may just be placebo, but I had occasional trouble w/ casting FB twice when I was using cast on press during beta but after using cast on release on live haven't had any problems.

Hey guys, is there a way to prevent Blink from blinking just a millimetr ahead? It often happens for me when I run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Hey guys, is there a way to prevent Blink from blinking just a millimetr ahead? It often happens for me when I run.
    Watch out for pebbles!

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    I want to know if you can blink sideways or backwards instead of forwards. There used to be a glyph for that but its gone now? Other classes can still do it, im pretty annoyed about it.