Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I agree for the outlaw spec. I mean my lvl3 shipyard in the garnission fits much more than any class hall. All it needs is an active flagship decorated with pirate stuff. I mean the broken shore isles are a perfect location for this, too. Why having a shipyard in WoD, but not in legion? I think there is more water to sail at the broken isles. Someone understand the developers.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and sub which are shinobis right now, should have their own big shiro(japenese fortress) ;>

The assassins had big fortresses, too. But its ok, to give them "The house of flying Daggers"

And Blizz needs slightly more developer time.

Dks, should simply occupy ICC.
    I disagree.

Sub isnt a shinobi.

Sub is simply a rogue spec.

Everyone and their mother can mention a random backgrounf for one of the specs and make it not fit thematicly, and vice verca.

The truth is that overall being right where shit happens and hidden from sight in the sewers is a great place for us to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I disagree.

Sub isnt a shinobi.

Sub is simply a rogue spec.

Everyone and their mother can mention a random backgrounf for one of the specs and make it not fit thematicly, and vice verca.

The truth is that overall being right where shit happens and hidden from sight in the sewers is a great place for us to be.
    you can disagree all day long, but since the pre-patch there is no longer sub, there is only ninja gaiden, but i am not even sure if you play the latest version of wow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    you can disagree all day long, but since the pre-patch there is no longer sub, there is only ninja gaiden, but i am not even sure if you play the latest version of wow?
    I'm not sure how to respond to that to be fair.

After the latest build there is no longer sub, there is only Tarzan. Yep. I'm not even sure if you played the latest version of wow?

Lemme say some things without backing up anything, and then insult the other guy.

This makes me right because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The rogue class hall ist the least effort, least original and in many ways most unfitting one. It its ONE very narrow type of rogue, all others that are broadly included in the class not in the slightest.

Except Rogues aren't Elder Scroll Thieves. They're far broader a class than that, it's everything from Black Hand to Operatives to Thieves rolled together. And a secret class hall everyone knows about, especially belonging to the most secret class is pretty trash to begin with. Worse it's effectively under mage control, Dalaran belongs to the mages always will. The city goes wherever they want and the rogues are only along for the ride. They're also not there because "nobody wants to mess with them" but because nobody cares about THE SEWERS or can be bothered to clear them out.

The funniest thing about the Rogue Class Hall is, the Rogue isn't actually in charge of it. Rogue appears to be the ONLY CLASS faction that has someone else ruling them instead. They're not even the right hand person but only one amongst a council of NPCs. In other classes they rule outright or have their own advisors around instead of posing as one.

"Someone disagrees with me so I'll insult them to make my point!" You do your avatar and location honor. Then again, no they're not. What you're describing is INCLUDED in the rogue class but it's not the entirety of the rogue class. The closest fitting specc would be "Outlaw" to your description and they're more affiliated with pirate like behaviour from their in game description and talents.

The others are Assasin and Operative respectively. The class includes a whole bunch of archetypes, from SI7 agent to gutter scum, from Assasin for hire to burglar. Altough gutter scum and burglars wouldn't exactly be brought along to conflicts much less be higher ups in an organized environment.

Stop trying to narrow the class down to one archetype you like while insulting others who disagree.

Nobody cares about Ravenholdt, stop harping on about it. I know it's a great strawman to beat up on but nobody cares. The issue is that the Rogue Class hall is recycled Wotlk trash. It's the least effort class hall and the most unimpressive one by a large margin.
    Like warrior encompasses a whole world of possible characters, but only a few are represented in the class hall? It's almost like Blizzard consciously chose to include only a few archetypes for the sake of game design

You're "argument" (and i'm using the term very loosely for you) is easily countered with the following sentence, randomly copied from the internet:
    "People like you, who ignore everything outside of their own narrow interpretation of the class which they want to force no matter what you mean?"
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    I'm narrowing to what archetype the CLASS WAS DESIGNED WITH AND FOR THE LONGEST TIME WAS BUILT AROUND.
    No, you're selectively cherry picking based on nothing but personal bias and wants. In which case Hitchens's razor applies (Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur).

"Nobody cares about Ravenholdt": Yeah let's just ignore the MONTHS OF WHINING PEOPLE DID ABOUT IT LAST YEAR.
    Once again, a few people whining about Ravenholdt doesn't mean you get to strawman Ravenholdt and use it as an argument against any kind of criticism. Doesn't work that way.
    Not to mention Ravenholdt was mentioned before I mentioned it if you had read page one. Though it was more inquiry. Here is a post ON THESE VERY FORUMS ABOUT IT: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Class-hall-be
    I repeat what I wrote above. A few people wanting Ravenholdt doesn't change that a lot of people are unhappy with the class hall and story and would've rather wanted something, anything else. You do not get to use your flimsy anti Ravenholdt strawman against them.

So yeah. Know your facts please. Also, incredibly funny you complain about the sewers being "Recycled". . . What do you think Ravenholdt would be?
    Unlike you I most certainly do. You're also once again trying to apply your Ravenholdt strawman again, because it's the one fall back and argument you think you have. Let's humor you and say they would've gone with Ravenholdt. It wouldn't even be recycled because as you and others yourself pointed out, it was destroyed. Which means they would've had to build a completely new one from ground up, especially as the old building would've been far too small and unsuitable. And no, this doesn't mean I support Ravenholdt or wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm not sure how to respond to that to be fair.

After the latest build there is no longer sub, there is only Tarzan. Yep. I'm not even sure if you played the latest version of wow?

Lemme say some things without backing up anything, and then insult the other guy.

This makes me right because reasons.
    The thing is, i respond to this thread not to you, so i don't have to justfiy everything to a weird stranger saying always "no" to anything people post even when its only about class fantasy and asthetics? I am sure you got a life..i hope you do. ;>
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-08-17 at 03:45 AM.

After WoD I think a ship is the last thing people want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    After WoD I think a ship is the last thing people want to see.
    wholeheartly disagree(ofc), because while WoD is the worst of all expansions by a mile, the shipyard was the only thing i liked about it. It just could be more interactive, less browsergame like garnission missions, more about building ships and actually using them personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, you're selectively cherry picking based on nothing but personal bias and wants. In which case Hitchens's razor applies (Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur).

Once again, a few people whining about Ravenholdt doesn't mean you get to strawman Ravenholdt and use it as an argument against any kind of criticism. Doesn't work that way.

I repeat what I wrote above. A few people wanting Ravenholdt doesn't change that a lot of people are unhappy with the class hall and story and would've rather wanted something, anything else. You do not get to use your flimsy anti Ravenholdt strawman against them.

Unlike you I most certainly do. You're also once again trying to apply your Ravenholdt strawman again, because it's the one fall back and argument you think you have. Let's humor you and say they would've gone with Ravenholdt. It wouldn't even be recycled because as you and others yourself pointed out, it was destroyed. Which means they would've had to build a completely new one from ground up, especially as the old building would've been far too small and unsuitable. And no, this doesn't mean I support Ravenholdt or wanted it.
    Here we go again, you're clearly not reading anything I'm typing and insist on being a six year old repeating the same sentences and buzzphrases you know, applicable or not so I have no further desire to continue this discussion past these following statements:

1) Argue against it all you want, it does not change the fact the rogue class was designed around the typical RPG thief. You're trying to take various organizations and things the player was never a part of and throw them into it because you're trying to make this class and its role more diverse and glorified than it was in actuality. You weren't some crazy assassin, or operative of SI:7. You were, for all intents and purposes, a thief. This is why every rogue played with basic thief skillsets such as detect trap, disarm trap, pickpocket, stealth, and a plethora of cheesy fighting tactics such as stuns and disorients. These were common elements to the standard RPG thief.

2) You're clearly being willingly ignorant here and ironically, you're projecting your attitude and attributing it to myself. What I showed you was in comparison, a majority of rogues threw a hissy fit about the rogue class hall being located in the sewers because it didn't fit their unjustified view of the class. People like you who felt the class had some weird level of depth that it truly never had. The issue you have is you don't want to address the argument nor do you have a counterpoint to it so you'll just continue to scream "strawman!", this is an annoying trend you've carried on throughout multiple replies.

3) "a few people wanting it" yet again, no it wasn't a "few" people. There was actually quite a backlash from this announcement that we'd be getting Dalaran Sewers. Feel free to pull the "I disagree with facts so to me they don't exist" card all you want, doesn't change reality.

4) I pointed out that everyone is screaming about "rehash" yet their desired alternative is just that as well, a rehash. Here you continue that annoying trend of screaming about strawman when in reality a strawman isn't being made. I'm stating a fact. Ravenholdt was burnt down to the ground, people need to get over it.

Deleted
    Loving the rogue class hall. Immersion is everything for me and the rogue class hall just fits the rogue fantasy 100%. Makes me feel absolutely at home.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would I mind a ghost ship as a class hall? No, but I love Dal sewers. Fits the class.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Sewers fits the class just fine, the execution of it could have been way better though, and I personally wishes it was any other sewer than dalaran, but whatever.

The sewers are fine. It's not like we're spending 75% of our game time played in their like garrisons anyway.

Plus we have the most overpowered follower to help us quests. The class hall could be a cardboard box and people would still envy our follower where we rape all the group quests solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Here we go again, you're clearly not reading anything I'm typing and insist on being a six year old repeating the same sentences and buzzphrases you know, applicable or not so I have no further desire to continue this discussion past these following statements:
    This is a situation where walking away is in your best interest. You're hurting your argument more than you're helping it.

Just let it go and leave it be.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)