Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should I come back?

Hello all,

I've just created account to create this topic, but I'm a reader for few years

I'm thinking about coming back to WOW. I stopped playing during WOTLK (before ICC), but from that time kept in touch by regularly visiting this site and gamepedia, so I'm aware about changes, lore, etc. I'd like to get some opinions and advices.
    So basically now after 6 years I'm thinking to come back for Legion, my question is - is it worth it?
    I'd like to go through all the story ingame that I missed since I stopped playing, but my concern is if it is possible or if these quests, etc. were removed with new expansions? Also with leveling so fast (if I understand correctly from 80 -> Hyjal -> Deepholm -> Jade Forest -> WOD)I'm afraid I will not be able to go through all of it during leveling, I feel like I missed so much to be able to catch up (not to mention gold, if I remember correctly, I have maybe 15k lol) and that it will not be the same as if I played during that specific expansion How difficult is leveling from 80 - I played free till 20 and I was two hitting mobs, is this thing also from 80?

For Legion my concerns are for example dynamic zones - doesn't leveling feel monotonous, like all the same, when wherever you go, in all zones creatures adapt to your level (so enemy is always for example 80% of your power)? Can you feel progress? I'm also afraid of class changes, from what I read / see it feels like direction is towards more homogenization, less abilities,... Also those big numbers are little scary for me (HP, dmg in M) - aren't they more difficult to perceive in comparison to lower numbers (I remember amounts in tenthousands)?
    Can you still have the feeling of adventure from the game? My view from all the information I got is that it feels like too fast, like game is "throwing" everything on you - roflstomp through this pack of mobs, through these quests, through this zone, easy items,..

So any advices please?

Disclaimer: all my information is from reading updates, changelogs, forum, watching videos,.. so there might be discrepancies

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend a couple thousand gold and buy a gametime token. See if you like it. Sub up if so. If not...you won't need the gold anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
    Spend a couple thousand gold and buy a gametime token. See if you like it. Sub up if so. If not...you won't need the gold anyway.
    Let me guess, you just read the title?

He said he has 15k max

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you should come back. Legion looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is looking to be one of the best expansions ever, so you should come back and prepare.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    On topic: Legion so far seems to be having more stuff then they originally announced, it looks great, nothing that was supposed to be available at launch was cut

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orahon View Post
    Hello all,

I've just created account to create this topic, but I'm a reader for few years

I'm thinking about coming back to WOW. I stopped playing during WOTLK (before ICC), but from that time kept in touch by regularly visiting this site and gamepedia, so I'm aware about changes, lore, etc. I'd like to get some opinions and advices.
    So basically now after 6 years I'm thinking to come back for Legion, my question is - is it worth it?
    I'd like to go through all the story ingame that I missed since I stopped playing, but my concern is if it is possible or if these quests, etc. were removed with new expansions? Also with leveling so fast (if I understand correctly from 80 -> Hyjal -> Deepholm -> Jade Forest -> WOD)I'm afraid I will not be able to go through all of it during leveling, I feel like I missed so much to be able to catch up (not to mention gold, if I remember correctly, I have maybe 15k lol) and that it will not be the same as if I played during that specific expansion How difficult is leveling from 80 - I played free till 20 and I was two hitting mobs, is this thing also from 80?

For Legion my concerns are for example dynamic zones - doesn't leveling feel monotonous, like all the same, when wherever you go, in all zones creatures adapt to your level (so enemy is always for example 80% of your power)? Can you feel progress? I'm also afraid of class changes, from what I read / see it feels like direction is towards more homogenization, less abilities,... Also those big numbers are little scary for me (HP, dmg in M) - aren't they more difficult to perceive in comparison to lower numbers (I remember amounts in tenthousands)?
    Can you still have the feeling of adventure from the game? My view from all the information I got is that it feels like too fast, like game is "throwing" everything on you - roflstomp through this pack of mobs, through these quests, through this zone, easy items,..

So any advices please?

Disclaimer: all my information is from reading updates, changelogs, forum, watching videos,.. so there might be discrepancies

Thanks!
    Listen despite all the WoD hate... and even for me it was not my favorite, it has still been the longest uninterrupted sub period for me... EVER.

Short answer: come back, give it a shot. If you played in WotLK we can assume you're at least 80. Which means you can hop right in and try out the DH, they are fun and you can get a feel for what the game is like now.

Keep in mind we are in pre-xpac mode, everything is tuned for those fancy artifacts we will be getting. So don't be too discouraged if you feel a little underpowered.

Also, you can now "try out" a new character before creating it, it should give you a feel for how a given character will play at 100? I haven't tried that out myself its new and i have 100 of everything so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion looks good and I'd try to get caught up before Legion comes out. Coming back in the middle of an expac sucks, but the launch of an expansion is a clean slate for everyone so it'd be a good time to come back. Plus, you'll get a free 100 if you buy legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No stay away

Sure! This is a good time to do it, too. Invasions are good for leveling. So, y'know, use your Legion boost on one toon and then slam out a couple others. And get good enough gear to not have to struggle too hard in the first few hours once Legion drops :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Sure! This is a good time to do it, too. Invasions were good for leveling.
    Fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    Son, just 'cuz they're not the best for levelling doesn't mean they're bad. They still require minimal effort and give good gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Son, just 'cuz they're not the best for levelling doesn't mean they're bad. They still require minimal effort and give good gear.
    But there's faster means that require less effort (DPS in RDF). So just for leveling it's not better BUT if you are doing something else and can visit WoW every 15 mins to change zone/char for 5 mins then it's good considering you also get some gear when you hit max if you save the chests.(heck, I have 67 small and 67 large chests saved across 3 characters)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Fixed it for ya
    Its actually just as good as before or better depending on how many demons you can solo from stage 3 to finish.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Its actually just as good as before or better depending on how many demons you can solo from stage 3 to finish.
    I usually have a bad experience with that unless doing it at the 3 am reset (like now) or 1pm reset when ppl are at work

10+ Year Old Account
    Going from 1 to 80, mobs will die incredibly quick. From 80 to 85 monsters will have noticeably more HP and from 85 to 90 you'll notice monsters having even much more HP proportional to your damage. Going from 90-100 you will however notice your damage going up dramatically as well as your HP. Monster HP will stay similarly proportional to your damage compared to MoP IIRC, maybe a bit lower. This was my experience on a rogue with full heirloom gear

You will also get the majority of your abilities early on. After level 78 or so, the majority of classes will have all their abilities aside from talents.

But I don't think you should expect too much from the leveling experience. In my experience it has become incredibly dull compared to pre-number squish in WoD due to character progression being incredibly small until the level breaking points I mentioned earlier.

Besides that, many classes have become more true to their "class fantasy" in terms of playstyle. Others have become incredibly dull, though. In the end we can't exactly decide for you whether it's worth it. You'll get bitter people coming in saying it isn't worth it at all and you'll have fanboys saying WoW is the best game ever, even during WoD.

Also keep in mind you don't have to buy any expansions until lvl 100 which means you can just get a subscription and play a class until it's level 100, at which point you'll have a general idea of the gameplay of that class.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2016-08-18 at 03:07 AM.

Buy the base game and the new expansion play for a week and if you absolutely hate it you can ask for a refund on the 14.99 if you used paypal or a credit card not game time code.

Deleted
    This is one of those "choose my class" topics.
    We can't tell you if you should come back to WoW or not.
    If you think it sounds fun, then sure, go ahead.
    If you don't, then don't.

It really is that easy

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Legion is looking to be one of the best expansions ever, so you should come back and prepare.
    This.

Decide for yourself though. Not sure why you need everyones opinion for you to come back and play. If your trying to gauge how the expac is going to be, just look at all of the gamescom stuff as well as the dev Q&As and decide for yourself.

Deleted
    My advice is to come back now and prepare yourself for the expansion to come out, I'm pretty sure this will be an awesome expansion.