Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Because Archimonde didn't have new mechanics....
    Because he was the same boss that appeared at a later point in time. If the new karazhan was not a revamp but actually karazhans at present day it would make sense to redo the bosses (like old deadmines vs new).

But since theyre only revamping it, it makes no sense to change the bosses' mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I would have gone with the mirror image of the tower, which is supposed to exist, upside down I believe?
    That might be a raid maybe, who knows. Give us the updated dungeon and then suddenly bam! Demon version of Kara!

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Because he was the same boss that appeared at a later point in time. If the new karazhan was not a revamp but actually karazhans at present day it would make sense to redo the bosses (like old deadmines vs new).

But since theyre only revamping it, it makes no sense to change the bosses' mechanics.
    Wait, Kara won't be "at present day" when there's Demons approaching it in the trailer...?

Well, that explains the new Hearthstone adventure, hooray for corporate synergy!

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Can't wait for Med'ans glorious entry to WoW.
    Oh please god, no...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcqueensie View Post
    "This time around there won't be a content drought."

So when there is a content drought I wonder who will sue Blizzard first.........
    Some nameless douche trying to sue a multi million dollar company. Yeah. Good luck with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    No weapon drops in legion, so my bet would be no? Unless they go cosmetic.
    Possible Gorehowl Artifact weapon skin for Arms warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wait, Kara won't be "at present day" when there's Demons approaching it in the trailer...?
    Good thing I scrolled down before replying. Thank you. It's obviously a new story ergo not the "same" Kara. To me, it's apparent that it will be a more legion/demon themed Kara than it was before.

Wow, that's awesome. Very welcome news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yay... recycled content... again.
    Yay... Recycled complaint... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    What they could do is instead of talking about it they could just shut the fuck up and do it.
    That I agree with. They oughta know that with WoD, they've torched too many bridges to be excused for empty talk.
    So far however, they've backed up the things they've announced with Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Yay... Recycled complaint... again.
    Good one! XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Good thing I scrolled down before replying. Thank you. It's obviously a new story ergo not the "same" Kara. To me, it's apparent that it will be a more legion/demon themed Kara than it was before.
    Idd, it won't be a case of "retune for 110 and go". I'm sure we'll see new models, new mechanics (let's face it, they're horribly outdated in the raid) and all that jazz. They said in the interview today with Slootbag that Karazhan is important for storytelling in Legion, and they'd better do the legacy of that raid justice.

I feel like this is equivalent to a game showing off DLC before the game is launched except free which is good. just i don't think we've ever seen a patch announced before the actual expansion was released, hope that means we get more patches per an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    I feel like this is equivalent to a game showing off DLC before the game is launched except free which is good. just i don't think we've ever seen a patch announced before the actual expansion was released, hope that means we get more patches per an expansion.
    It's clear that they were developing this content patch at the same time as the new expansion. Hence why it will be going on the PTR right when Legion releases.

The optimistic side of me thinks they've already got a head start developing the future patches to be released throughout Legion's life cycle so they won't be caught with their trousers down when the community is burnt out on the current content.

It's the only explanation as to why we had HFC for 14 months.

It's certainly more promising than empty words because we have something to go on that's tangible. I see it as a way of showcasing that they're already working on it. Whether or not that means it's released on time or with everything is always up in the air, but it's like seeing the Ulduar patch before WotLK is even released.

"The old Karazhan will still exist, you can still go and farm it for things."

I cannot emphasize how important this is. Blizz is learning.

"This time there won't be a content drought"

hahahahahahahaha oh Blizz you're too funny....how many times are they gonna make the same promise? Oh yeah I'm playing Legion. But don't BS me Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the patch has announced before the expansion has actually released is a welcome sign.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Being cynical to the point where nothing they say gets you excited is not something to aspire to in my book.
    And the WoW forums are just as toxic as MMO-C.
    Tell me about it with the WoW forums, it is so bad over there that you need to wear a Hazmat suit and Breathing Apparatus when visiting them..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well holy shit they actually seem to be giving a rats ass for a change. As for the note on a drought I'll believe that when I see it.
    So true let's hope they have learned their lesson but only time will tell this time around..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    What the hell?! Is this a joke? It's not a content patch if it's content we already have... I would have bet money that Kara would have been different somehow. This is stupid.
    And yet we had Patch 4.1 that turned Zul Gurub and Zul Aman both raids into 5 mans and they were accepted as content and this no different.. Or would you rather that they make Patch 7.1 a S.E.L.F.I.E 2.0 patch instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    At least it's more than the selfie camera!
    Very true indeed, they could of done that instead at least this time it is something more than what 6.1 was which is not really that hard when you think about it..

This is such an insane comment from the developers. When did they rush an expansion? They've all been two years. One right after the other and many of them have had very long content delays. What the hell are they talking about?

So should we assume from this that the next expansion will be three years from now or more? That's the only logical conclusion to this truly weird claim.

All anyone can conclude is that in recent years they take a long time to create any content and they will continue to be slow to produce content. I find it hard to believe that we won't continue to have year long content droughts. The only difference is we will, in the future, have fewer expansions.

It's not like it at all, DLC costs more, this is not only included in the price, but it's expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly bold move by Blizzard, the chance on screwing up what could be the most loved Raid of all-time, I'm not gonna lie, if it was used to lure some of the lost subs, for this reason alone I'm re-scribing, and if the other features keep me, so be it!

i believe it when i see it, hype train derailed for good after WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fourth. Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD. Vanilla and BC droughts weren't super bad.
    there were actually no droughts during vanilla and TBC. Hell there were shit tons of ppl never stepped in to Naxxaramas or Sunwell. İf anything they could have easyly delayed Tbc and Wrath roughly 3 more months.