Poll: Are you a fan of him?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    He was pretty cool in Warcraft 3 but like Tyrande their transition in WoW has been atrocious in my opinion. They are not the character I knew. One is green Jesus and the other has turned into damsel in distress (thanks Knaak)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I totally hate him.

I used to like him in w3. Hell, he was my favorite character.

But since he's the green jesus, a total mary sue, I just hate him. But it is not his fault, it's because of terrible writing. I wanted him dead, but now a wan't him to suffer in order for him to be the badass he was in the past.

Thrall needs a great fix in order to be a good character at least.

Deleted
    Thrall? Yes, he was an interesting character, trying to reform his people but still had flaws. I don't think he truly wanted to be warchief, but he could not see others fit to lead and reform the Horde. He did some amazing things.

Unfortunately, he became Go'el. Go'el lost most of his flaws, became world shaman and suddenly was above other mortals. Even if he was a hypocrite in several situations yet while he was treated like a god among mortals. I hate Go'el. The addition of Aggra only made the situation worse. While in the book it was made to look as if he was being taught by her somewhat, a strong-willed woman-orc, in-game she just seems to be overly clingy and unable to deal without him at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    green jesus GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'EL? no.
    thrall? yes.
    This.

I don't know why Blizzard thought it was a good idea to destroy everything that was Thrall, to turn him into whatever the fuck he is now..
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand mary sue characters.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Thrall, he's one of my favorite characters. The dungeon where we free him in the cavern of time is one of my all time favorites.... Aw shit this just brought a flood of nostalgic feelings for B.C back.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i want this guy back

not the shit he became.
    Couldn't agree more He also needs his bad ass long hair back

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thrall haters are just bizarre, Thrall is actually pretty well written.
    Yes, Thrall is well written. Go'el is not.

I loved the guy when he was an orc, instead of some pariah of peace. AKA WCIII-WOW:TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I can't stand mary sue characters.
    You don't know what a "mary sue" is at least not if you think Thrall is one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Mary%20Sue

Deleted
    He was my favourite character until Cata, since then I started to dislike him. Now I can't stand him for the way he killed Garrosh. Go'el out, Thrall in!

Deleted
    Never liked it. I think i would simply not care if it was something else than orc, but as it is orc AND has certain negative things around it, i just hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    You don't know what a "mary sue" is at least not if you think Thrall is one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Mary%20Sue
    lol urban dictionary
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Hate Green Jesus like Warchief Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Do you like him as of right now?
    I preferred his "look" in Cataclysm. His shaved head/jedi robes isn't doing it for me now.

They killed Thrall, by NOT killing Thrall. (say what? let me explain)

Thrall was a very strong character, and a very strong leader. His horde, his orcs were not going to be the mean green killing machine that they had been before his time.

When he "stepped down" and put Garrosh in charge... it was very uncharacteristic. On the one hand he was doing a service to the son of dear friend (the true savior MR Grom Hellscream) on the other hand it wasn't the best choice for the horde (and Thrall knew it) stepping down wasn't the best thing for the horde, and it was a very selfish act imo... also uncharacteristic of Thrall. Then even when presented with the undeniable truth that he had made the wrong decision he (again uncharacteristically) kind of blew it off.

His come back in WoD and redemptive vengeance on Garrosh... was really weak. I know it was supposed to be this strong heroic moment. But it fell flat... it only semi-served as a catalyst as to why we now have doomhammer in legion.

So how did they kill him by not killing him?

They didn't want to kill a fan favorite (Metzen's favorite too lets be honest) so in an attempt to take him out of the forefront they made him weak, and turned him into something he isn't/wasn't.

Listen I am not a writer and I don't claim to be. My brother in-law is and we have discussions about his characters and how he works through his story/book he is writing. Often times he rewrites something because when it comes to a given characters actions, you have to literally put yourself in their shoes. It isn't necessarily about where you want the story to go, but how a given character would respond/behave to a given situation/stimulus. I think when it comes to Thrall, they did not do that.

Deleted
    I liked him a lot from Warcraft 3 onwards. They took his character in a really bad direction starting with Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Warchief Thrall back. The one who united the clans. The one we need to reunite the Horde and make it strong again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    lol urban dictionary
    Look it up anywhere you want. Doesn't mean Thrall.

I hate his bald head and how much of a Metzen self insert he is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    nope. Thrall used to be one of my favorites. but ever since Aggra showed up and he abandoned his position as the Horde warchief he lost everything that made him interesting. he hit rock bottom really early with Dragon Soul, and no matter what Blizzard does they can't really make him interesting again.

Thrall is good. Go'el is shit.
    This is pretty much right.