Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Illegal Immigration

1.) Illegal immigrants do compete with the poorest Americans for jobs, and they have the advantage because they don't have to pay as much in taxes.

2.) Illegal immigrants claim to do take jobs that Americans wont do, but Americans would do take those jobs if they paid a respectable wage.

3.) Illegals don't compete with with Americans for white collar jobs, but the children that they have do compete with native born Americans for white collar jobs and illegals have a higher birthrate than native born Americans.

4.) Illegals pay less in taxes and have more children, therefore, native born Americans have suffer taxes increases in order to pay for school lunches, healthcare, college grants, etc for the children of illegals. This video is primarily propaganda since address such a small piece of the whole picture. Why does no one address these things completely?

Number 1.) I think has been pretty established and number 2.) is debated, but I have yet to see numbers 3.) and 4.) talked about anywhere. People don't realize that is it not just illegals effecting the economy, but the children they have also. With the high birthrate illegals have, Americans in any economical bracket from blue collar to white collar are not safe from the affects illegal immigration has.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-08-18 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    1.) Illegal immigrants do compete with the poorest Americans for jobs, and they have the advantage because they don't have to pay as much in taxes.

2.) Illegal immigrants claim to do take jobs that Americans wont do, but Americans would do take those jobs if they paid a respectable wage.

3.) Illegals don't compete with with Americans for white collar jobs, but the children that they have do compete with native born Americans for white collar jobs and illegals have a higher birthrate than native born Americans.

4.) Illegals pay less in taxes and have more children, therefore, native born Americans have suffer taxes increases in order to pay for school lunches, healthcare, college grants, etc for the children of illegals. This video is primarily propaganda since address such a small piece of the whole picture. Why does no one address these things completely?

Number 1.) I think has been pretty established and number 2.) is debated, but I have yet to see numbers 3.) and 4.) talked about anywhere. People don't realize that is it not just illegals effecting the economy, but the children they have also. And with the high birthrate illegals have, Americans in any economical bracket from blue collar to white collar are not safe from the affects illegal immigration has.
    Which is why the latino population is booming. Because many illegals are latino and they have LOTS of babies here because it means a bigger check from the government.

7+ Year Old Account

Number 1.) I think has been pretty established and number 2.) is debated, but I have yet to see numbers 3.) and 4.) talked about anywhere. People don't realize that is it not just illegals effecting the economy, but the children they have also. And with the high birthrate illegals have, Americans in any economical bracket from blue collar to white collar are not safe from the affects illegal immigration has.
    On the phone but there was a copy pasta that I posted somewhere on this forum about it will look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Which is why the latino population is booming. Because many illegals are latino and they have LOTS of babies here because it means a bigger check from the government.
    This thread is probably going to become a victim of thought police brutality.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Because addressing the bigger picture is unpopular? Everyone wants to talk about illegal immigration, noone wants to talk about our broken immigration system. Everyone wants to talk about losing jobs to illegals, but noone wants to talk about imported workers, H1B visas and free trade zones. Everyone wants to talk about the burden that the children of illegals make on the school system but nobody wants to talk about improving the school system. Everyone wants to talk about the cost of higher education for illegals but noone wants to talk about addressing the plain old high cost of education for everyone.

I'm not scared of smart brown people taking my jobs. Staying on the top requires constant work, ask any olympian. Can anyone honestly say that we as a people, as a society, as a country are putting in that level of effort? Because I can't say we are. So when some poor brown kid comes along and puts in that work, well damnit I'm fucking proud he wants to be an American, because I don't think we're worth his effort sometimes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Because addressing the bigger picture is unpopular? Everyone wants to talk about illegal immigration, noone wants to talk about our broken immigration system. Everyone wants to talk about losing jobs to illegals, but noone wants to talk about imported workers, H1B visas and free trade zones. Everyone wants to talk about the burden that the children of illegals make on the school system but nobody wants to talk about improving the school system. Everyone wants to talk about the cost of higher education for illegals but noone wants to talk about addressing the plain old high cost of education for everyone.

I'm not scared of smart brown people taking my jobs. Staying on the top requires constant work, ask any olympian. Can anyone honestly say that we as a people, as a society, as a country are putting in that level of effort? Because I can't say we are. So when some poor brown kid comes along and puts in that work, well damnit I'm fucking proud he wants to be an American, because I don't think we're worth his effort sometimes.
    No one is saying anything about skin color. We are talking about illegals (people who are NOT supposed to be here) staying here and making us pay for it while they steal jobs from Americans because they are willing to work for peanuts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

Well you and I are not going to agree on much because I hate illegal immigrants and the bunch of children that they have. Not because I am racist, but because they have such a negative effect on the economy for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account

Number 1.) I think has been pretty established and number 2.) is debated, but I have yet to see numbers 3.) and 4.) talked about anywhere. People don't realize that is it not just illegals effecting the economy, but the children they have also. With the high birthrate illegals have, Americans in any economical bracket from blue collar to white collar are not safe from the affects illegal immigration has.
    Pretty much all of what you posted is bullshit:

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...ted-immigrants
    http://www.itep.org/immigration/
    http://fusion.net/story/273231/undoc...ibute-economy/

So what do you want to do about it? Fix these broken systems or just blame all the problems on brown people so that you can pretend to be concerned while continuing to do nothing?

what is this, #23 of the "why aren't we talking about the illigalz guuuyz" threads you've posted? we get it, you hate the people who are born here but just not under the circumstances you happen to like are pulling ahead of you because they have the desire and will power to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So what do you want to do about it? Fix these broken systems or just blame all the problems on brown people so that you can pretend to be concerned while continuing to do nothing?
    The wall is not the answer, but heavy fines placed on companies for hiring illegals is a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    No one is saying anything about skin color. We are talking about illegals (people who are NOT supposed to be here) staying here and making us pay for it while they steal jobs from Americans because they are willing to work for peanuts.
    So punish the people who break the law and employ them. Oh, wait, that'd be punishing businesses who can do no wrong! Oh no we can't do that!

- - - Updated - - -

Well you and I are not going to agree on much because I hate illegal immigrants and the bunch of children that they have. Not because I am racist, but because they have such a negative effect on the economy for everyone else.
    Okay, great we don't agree, whatevs.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    what is this, #23 of the "why aren't we talking about the illigalz guuuyz" threads you've posted? we get it, you hate the people who are born here but just not under the circumstances you happen to like are pulling ahead of you because they have the desire and will power to do it.
    They pay less in taxes, drag down wages for everyone, and force native Americans to pay more in taxes to support their children, they are a selfish people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wall is not the answer, but heavy fines placed on companies for hiring illegals is a good start.
    It's already illegal to knowingly provide employment for an undocumented worker, and there are stiff fines.

Do you actually know anything about what you're talking about, or are you just reading this off of some kind of unverified Trump-esque blog site?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Its unfortunate that first world countries suck all of the talent and brainpower out of the third world, I can't help think that if these people stayed in their countries and led in the advancement of their societies, we wouldn't feel compelled to periodically bomb their homelands to hell.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    They pay less in taxes, drag down wages for everyone, and force native Americans to pay more in taxes to support their children, they are a selfish people.
    That's absolutely untrue in every way, shape, and form.

First, if you work under-the-table, which is legal in some places in the US, it's possible to get away without paying much in taxes. However, the vast majority of undocumented immigrants work for minimum wage (or higher), paying all payroll taxes. They pay taxes on where they rent or where they buy a home. They pay sales tax. They pay all of the same taxes you and I do. They pay for the schools their children enjoy. They have the same concerns and wants and needs. They are not "forcing native Americans to pay more".

What you're posting is unsubstantiated nonsense.

They pay less in taxes,]
    they pay as much as any citizen does in their tax bracket. blame progressive taxes bud
    drag down wages for everyone, and force native Americans to pay more in taxes to support their children,
    citations please.
    they are a selfish people.
    lol, you're such a fucking child, I swear.

We can't get people to accept that mandating a livable minimum wage isn't one of the signs of the apocalypse... How are we going to get people to agree to this? >.>

7+ Year Old Account
    1.) I never said illegals pay no taxes at all. I said that illegals pay less in taxes than native born Americans and they do.

Look in the article you linked it even says so.

Native Americans already pay that extra percent in taxes that illegals are skipping out on.

7+ Year Old Account
    They drive down wages by around 5% max according to fucking borjas. And their contributions on a federal level are a net positive