Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For being the most technologically advanced race, Velen sure as shit doesn't want to share his knowledge to help us in the grand scheme of things especially when they're allied to the Gnomes.

Where's our god damn Light Reavers?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why can't a faction that has been around for longer than the entirety of human history and whose entire reason for existence is traveling between planets and destroying them have space ships?

What makes no sense and doesn't fit here is the lack of common sense people are showing.

And "it's fantasy" isn't a compelling argument against space ships anyway. The main difference between SciFi and Fantasy is whether you explain something through technobabble or just say "a wizard did it".
    Star Wars has always seemed to me to be more High Fantasy in Space rather than Sci-fi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It hasn't been pure Fantasy since WarCraft 2. That was over 20 years ago.

It really wouldn't be terribly jarring even it was, though, since the ships are clearly magical in nature. Your problem is that it doesn't fit your definition of Fantasy, which isn't much use, since there's about as many definitions of Fantasy and SciFi as there are people, and they overlap so much that any distinction is pretty much arbitrary.
    Yeah, exactly.

Deleted
    The literal boss of the Legion is a Titan. One of those beings those race is able to raze and create entire galaxies in the blink of an eye. Those beings created technology 10,000 years ago that holds the old gods as prisoners. They made entire cities under the earth and everywhere on Azeroth that are still in pristine working condition, full with sentient and sapient robots capable of independent thought and critical thinking. According to Magni Bronzebeard, they even transformed the entirety of Azeroth into a single Titan where we just poked at random openings.

It stands to reasons that having one of those beings as the leader would allow the Burning Legion to have access to technology that is on or around that level.
    And teleporting spaceships/magical bombers is rather low on the technological scale if you're able to reshape entire galaxies.

Blizzard clearly is preparing for Warcraft 40K

The ships ARE portals. They embed themselves into the ground and make a gateway for more demons to pour through. Those big "citadels" that you destroy around invasions are the space ships embedded in the ground. They're all over Broken Isle's Legion controlled zones. DH's Class Hall is also one of these but it's stationary (apart from 1 quest in the DH campaign). Also we've had spaceships since TBC, it's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    Blizzard clearly is preparing for Warcraft 40K
    ...and they will fuse Thrall and Anduin to create God Emperor of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Do people realise that a large part of the bulk of the demons is composed of Eredar? Said to be the most technologicly advanced race in the universe? Oh and did I mention that the Right hand of said Legion is an Eredar?

Did you also miss when they had fucking robots in TBC or nah?

And can people stop posting shit about how WoW is purely just fantasy and has never had scifi elements ever? WoW has everything. Hell, most of these demons come from outter space. Please.
    Okay then I'll post about how stupid it is that our enemies have space ships that shoot shit down on cities, but the cities actually take zero damage. If you fly up to a ship you are insta gibbed with some type of electricity.

The fact they have such advanced tech and we are using some magic with swords, bows, arrows, guns that act the same as arrows and a few other metal weapons...yeah like we really really have a chance in hell of winning.

I agree with the OP that it just doesn't fit. If you can fly destroyers over my planet and lob bombs down on me...and why aren't our flying ships fighting them?

I can pretend a lot of shit is just there for the immersion aspect, but those ships...nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Okay then I'll post about how stupid it is that our enemies have space ships that shoot shit down on cities, but the cities actually take zero damage. If you fly up to a ship you are insta gibbed with some type of electricity.

The fact they have such advanced tech and we are using some magic with swords, bows, arrows, guns that act the same as arrows and a few other metal weapons...yeah like we really really have a chance in hell of winning.

I agree with the OP that it just doesn't fit. If you can fly destroyers over my planet and lob bombs down on me...and why aren't our flying ships fighting them?

I can pretend a lot of shit is just there for the immersion aspect, but those ships...nope.
    And who's to say our ships don't do that? It was happening in the Broken Shore scenario. Just because they choose not to animate it during the invasions doesn't mean it's not happening story-wise. Their aircrafts can only do so much, anyway. Shooting down fel fire isn't all that effective on its own since they still send their troops on the ground to push the invasion.

You're just refusing to look at it for what it actually is. Those aircrafts are not the brunt of the Legion's force. It's only a tool to get a massive amount of demons on Azeroth. It's a carrier with a few offensive abilities that are seemingly not very precise.

The draenei crashed here in their own space ships. Tempest keep was practically the same thing. During the broken shore event I absolutely loved when the Legion ships would warp in. Azeroth may be blessed with magic and in this weird medieval/steam/arcane age but I could imagine many civilizations not having magic and progressed as we on earth would have: technology. Of course having something as infinitely manipulative as magic, the Legion steamrolled then and incorporated their marvels into essentially Magitek. But I digress.

I like the Legion having those ships. They look bad ass, intimidating, and I want to see ships crashed into the landscape like in The Force Awakens after this expansion.

Why are you questioning space ships and have never questioned the fel reavers? They're literally gargantuan mech suits probably made from the same technology.

Quote Originally Posted by ziery View Post
    The Eredar (Draenei) were the most advanced race in the universe. The legion is run by courrupted eredar. WOW aint just fantasy, its sci fi since the beginning too
    *known universe

Also the Constellar and even potentially the Ethereals pre-void lord bumfuck would beg to differ.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Starcraft and WoW will eventually be linked whenever we eventually have to deal with Void Lords since that will open up another universe to ours. Then the true Warcraft/Warhammer stuff can start as the 40k shit is more fucked up than WoW.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!