Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Stormheim Raid in between Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold

Any other info on this other than it being a small raid?

Interesting that they are doing this, perhaps they want to push Nighthold a bit farther back to even 6.2?
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna finish off the story of Stormheim.
    (We will probably find more info about it in the unreleased Stormheim "ending" cinematic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely very story driven, unsure how many bosses.
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's confirmed it have something to do with Stormheim? If yes, I think it will be just Helya, they can even reuse Hellheim for boss room.

I personally hope we beat up Odyn, the first lich king so to speak and Helya some other patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I personally hope we beat up Odyn, the first lich king so to speak and Helya some other patch.
    we fight odyin as last boss in hals of valors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    we fight odyin as last boss in hals of valors
    More like Odin tests us. We barely scratch him.

Deleted
    And we fight Helya in the Maw of souls

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Odyn is part of the warrior order hall, so we are proberly not gonna defeat him
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine something like a 1-4 boss raid a la Eye of Eternity, Obsidian Sanctum, etc. but with more story focus. As for its impact on the Nighthold, I don't know. From what it seems, they intend to release 7.1 really quickly, maybe within a month or two into expansion, and if they stick with what they did in WoD and unlock the final raid of the first tier about 2-3 months after launch, there should be some room to fit in the small 7.1 raid without it interfering with the other raids already made for that tier.

i guess it's gonna be a trial of some sort, to prove that we are worthy.

And in the middle there will be a horde vs alliance battle kinda like the one in the argent tournament patch.

Homophobia is so gay.

I wonder if it will be a scenario-like raid, where it's tuned for 10 players of random roles?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Nice that we are getting big patches like this again, Giant 5 Man + a Raid. Sounds damn solid actually.

I suspect 3-5 bosses.

Seems like a much bigger patch than the last few expansions first patches.

Helya escapes at the end of Maw of Souls so it is related to her. Helheim raid inc.

Definitely wrapping up the Helya plotline, which definitely means Sylvanas is going to be involved somehow too.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Any other info on this other than it being a small raid?

Interesting that they are doing this, perhaps they want to push Nighthold a bit farther back to even 6.2?
    I doubt they will be pushing Nighthold back that far given that this will be on PTR at Legion's launch, but it does give them a bit more time to complete whatever their second tier is.
    Remember they said tiers should last "4-5 months", so we shouldn't be expecting whatever is after Nighthold until like... February/March or even early April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    I suspect 3-5 bosses.
    Personally I would expect 2-3 rather than 5, with two of them probably sharing the same or very similar areas. I'd even not be surprised by a single boss, as long as it was a sufficient spectacle (FFXIV actually does this very well with their "trials").
    They won't want to divert too many resources or too much design space away from the new tier that will come out in 7.2.

I'm expecting 1-2 bosses, similar to the old Ony/Gruul style of raid that they moved away from.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    Nice that we are getting big patches like this again, Giant 5 Man + a Raid. Sounds damn solid actually.

I suspect 3-5 bosses.

Seems like a much bigger patch than the last few expansions first patches.
    If it's a raid of that size, it's a Dragon Soul-type patch. Just as the FIRST patch and not the last.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I doubt they will be pushing Nighthold back that far given that this will be on PTR at Legion's launch, but it does give them a bit more time to complete whatever their second tier is.
    Remember they said tiers should last "4-5 months", so we shouldn't be expecting whatever is after Nighthold until like... February/March or even early April.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would expect 2-3 rather than 5, with two of them probably sharing the same or very similar areas. I'd even not be surprised by a single boss, as long as it was a sufficient spectacle (FFXIV actually does this very well with their "trials").
    They won't want to divert too many resources or too much design space away from the new tier that will come out in 7.2.
    TBH this patch has made us basically throw out what patches mean.

6.2 could be nighthold, and could release this year yet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is 100% BC 2.0. Think about it, we are raiding Kara for some random reason before going back to flesh out a zone's story in a new raid. This is Zul'Aman all over again. And I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If it's a raid of that size, it's a Dragon Soul-type patch. Just as the FIRST patch and not the last.

- - - Updated - - -

TBH this patch has made us basically throw out what patches mean.

6.2 could be nighthold, and could release this year yet.
    I don't think 6.2 will be nighthold, mainly because it would be weird to have a raid tier with no tier sets. I think it'll still be classified as 6.0/6.1, but still t19.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.