Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're not getting benched for being a warlock, you're getting benched for being a shit warlock.
    This pretty much.

Another nerf btw, doesnt show in tooltip yet, but currently on live brackdraft lasts 3 seconds now instead of 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    I beg to differ.
    I dont believe Blizzard will leave specs, let alone an entire class in the dumpster for the rest of the expansion.
    If something is broken, and underperforming, it will be fixed. Im talking weeks here, not months.
    You clearly have NOT been playing this game long enough then.

10+ Year Old Account
    nerfs make ppl lose their shit not matter the time / patch

Quote Originally Posted by digesspliff View Post
    Another nerf btw, doesnt show in tooltip yet, but currently on live brackdraft lasts 3 seconds now instead of 5
    Backdraft's duration is reduced by haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title is pretty much self explanatory.
    At least wait untill you're 110 and geared up for raids.
    People should calm dafuq down.
    All this moaning just make newcomer players dump their Warlock and go play something else.
    The problem with your argument is that it's not just all about damage numbers.

The core problem is that with the exception of demonology all warlock spec redesigns feel less fun to play. Take destruction for example: We've lost serious AOE potential, active health regen cooldowns, mobility, a cool class fantasy-appropriate resource system and had a lot of ramp-up time built into a previously faster rotation.

...How exactly is that fun or compelling? It's not even about numbers at this point. The specs just aren't fun to play period.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    The problem with your argument is that it's not just all about damage numbers.

The core problem is that with the exception of demonology all warlock spec redesigns feel less fun to play. Take destruction for example: We've lost serious AOE potential, active health regen cooldowns, mobility, a cool class fantasy-appropriate resource system and had a lot of ramp-up time built into a previously faster rotation.

...How exactly is that fun or compelling? It's not even about numbers at this point. The specs just aren't fun to play period.
    Warlocks have always had convoluted mechanics to deal with just to stay on level ground with the other pure caster in the game.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Warlocks have always had convoluted mechanics to deal with just to stay on level ground with the other pure caster in the game.
    Yeah but some of that convolution was subjectively fun. Obviously the numbers are reflecting a shared opinion that that's not the case any more.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

What does Bob from Blizzard cares what you play in your free time. Dude snap dafuq out of this attitude.
    Then what would you suggest we do? Happily accept being one of the most unfun and unviable classes? Or just trash talk other players who aren't happy with a class they enjoy playing being run into the ground like you are.

I don't know much about warlocks but coming from the DK side of things I can say people have a very misguided approach when it comes to being whiny. There was a forum post complaining about unholy nerfs to mobility and one of their talents that basically gave them a 30 yrd range scourge strike that did pure shadow damage instead of part physical part shadow. They were whining saying that unholy needs buffs when frost is actually utter shit right now claiming that it was fine. It was fine. The spec is so bad compared to unholy that I know many guilds who won't even take me to raid with them unless I go unholy. I finally gave up and said I'd do it even though I detest the spec. Uh... point is people love to whine and complain about every little thing even though their spec is still miles ahead of the alternatives (and by the way unholy isn't even bad compared to other melee).

That being said though: If what you guys are saying is true and your entire class is shit compared to other casters at 110 on beta and they just nerfed your only good spec to make it more inline with the others then... I don't know what to tell you. Blizzard seems to not make much sense. I know mages are good. Mages are always good. They always have been for some damn reason. If warlocks are in the gutter then I have absolutely no idea why they wouldn't just buff the other two specs to make them more appropriate. Nerfing the best spec makes no sense to me unless the spec is outperforming other classes entirely. Like if Destro was the best warlock spec and was better than all the mage specs then yeah sure. Nerf it a little. That makes sense to me. When the entire class is garbo tier compared to another one then what the heckie...

Anyway you warlocks should all go to the official death knight feedback page and complain that frost dks are shit tier and I'll rally as many of my melee friends to go complain on the warlock forums. Just pretend you play dks. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This pretty much.
    You say this... but there's a reason why my guild in MoP only had me as the sole DK for the longest time. The only reason I even managed to make the cut is because I would parse in the 90th percentile all the time and I could slow and grip adds on Blackfuse cuz frost had a 50% AoE slow that was a a part of their rotation.

Cutting edge guilds will bench you during progression if they can take a mage that does ~10% more damage than you for simply playing the class. What does your class bring that they don't? I guess health stones? You only need a single warlock for that though and it won't be worth it to take more than that if there are better casters.

i just hope they fix the teleport/mobility abilities that get stuck, dont work or are far too limited now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Backdraft's duration is reduced by haste.
    Why would it be reduced by haste? Seems contraproductive and I hope it’s a bug…

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    Why would it be reduced by haste? Seems contraproductive and I hope it’s a bug…
    They said it themselves at some point. I was pretty baffled by it as well. Roaring Blaze just gets better as you get more haste, Backdraft is already mediocre, and doesn't get a longer duration (Or even the same duration as with less haste). Sure, you will get a new conflag earlier with more haste, but Roaring Blaze both gets more frequent applications as well as more frequent immolate ticks (Which means more total ticks per immolate cast due to the way immolate works, which is really good with the way Roaring Blaze works).

So yeah, not a bug, working as intended. However silly that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    They said it themselves at some point. I was pretty baffled by it as well. Roaring Blaze just gets better as you get more haste, Backdraft is already mediocre, and doesn't get a longer duration (Or even the same duration as with less haste). Sure, you will get a new conflag earlier with more haste, but Roaring Blaze both gets more frequent applications as well as more frequent immolate ticks (Which means more total ticks per immolate cast due to the way immolate works, which is really good with the way Roaring Blaze works).

So yeah, not a bug, working as intended. However silly that is.
    What a joke so instead of making this talent compete with Roaring blaze they just say fuck it and punish us for stacking haste there for making it shit Zzzz

Who the fuck is responsible for this design?
    Must be blind mute and deaf to actually think that was a good design..

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless I've missed something, Backdraft interacts NEGATIVELY with haste once you reach 50% haste (even if it's from temporary procs or buffs such as bloodlust or trinkets) since the Conflagrate GCD becomes capped at 1 sec while the buff duration keeps getting smaller. Of course such silliness was quickly removed from the other classes (e.g. fury's enrage was quickly changed back to constant duration).

Edit. No wonder Roaring Blaze must be nerfed to the ground to keep Backdraft competitive with it
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2016-08-18 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Just so that i understand this correctly:
    (this is my example)
    During bloodlust I reach above 50% haste and I cast conflag wait for the 1 sec GCD and then 1 sec have already ticked of Backdraft and only 1,5 sec remains?

is this correct, if so thats just shit hahah
    Last edited by mmoc8838b0b155; 2016-08-18 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    Just so that i understand this correctly:
    (this is my example)
    During bloodlust I reach above 50% haste and I cast conflag wait for the 1 sec GCD and then 1 sec have already ticked of Backdraft and only 1,5 sec remains?

is this correct, if so thats just shit hahah
    hasted time = (base time) / (1 + haste)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're not getting benched for being a warlock, you're getting benched for being a shit warlock.
    I'm not a good player. But I watch good players. Good players never get benched. Good players level every class and bring the class that they're ordered to bring. Top warlocks are annoyed by the state of lock, it's true. But they've moved on to their alts as their guilds pursue world's firsts. In the case of ranged, top guilds are completely excluding locks in favor of mage, spriest, hunter.

Just for fun, let's count how much shit we've lost: (Destruction)

-shadowburn -> talent
    -backdraft -> talent
    -demonic circle -> talent (and you need a macro for it lol)
    -fire and brimstone -> talent, and nerfed to not include chaos bolt, but at least it is free now
    -chaotic resources I think was the name of the mana regeneration effect? now we've got life tap woo
    -dark soul -> talent, and only 10 (+2 sec ST) seconds instead of 20

We had both Backdraft and Shadowburn, now we must choose between them.
    We could have Demonic Circle, Burning Rush and Sac Pact at the same time, now we must choose one.
    Tho Soul Leech is baseline now, we have to choose between Demon Skin and Shadowfury.

Grimoire of Sacrifice no longer gives us a pet ability.
    Due to our artifact we sacrifice DPS for an interrupt.

TYVM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It happened in Cataclysm. Demo was by their own admission a clusterfuck, Destro was shit and a clusterfuck. That left Aff, which started out a clusterfuck and took months to fix.
    It honestly feels we're heading back towards that. Painful maintenance buffs, having to stand in melee for optimal dps, movement killing dps, target switching killing dps.