Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He dies after he says Sylvanas must lead. Then his eyes grow dim, and that is when he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Razehope View Post
    He dies after he says Sylvanas must lead. Then his eyes grow dim, and that is when he dies.
    Didnt Nick Fury do the same thing?

Guys cant you see a obvious fake death when you see it?

1. He is a troll who survived Garrys assassin who was armed with a anti troll poison and he survived!
    poison. it can be survived if tended to, which it was.

2. He was in Orgrimmar filled to the prim with healers who could've helped in survive hell even Baine said let the healers help you.
    This time he was filled with fel energy, if you couldnt tell the wound was glowing. He probably couldn't be healed from it. He also probably accepted his death from another chat with Bwonsamdi.

3. He was given a vision of what to do next
    when he was almost killed by Garrosh assassin, he had a vision with Bwonsamdi(Loa) and his father. Thats probably who gave him the visions now of who to give the horde to. Bwonsamdi wanted him to start a war during cata, so more souls would be sent to the after life. Bwonsamdi knows Sylvanas will do that.

4. He choses the one person he least trusts the most to lead the horde.
    Again, the loa Bwonsamdi told him to.

5. We dont actually see him die we just see him being carted away.
    No movement, laying down, being carted off like he is in a casket...thats dead

6. A funeral pyre now correct me if iam wrong but don't Trolls mummify there dead not cremate them?
    Some tribes have been known to mummify their dead. I don't think we have seen whether or not the Darkspears do it. But the tauren burn their dead. with bane there, thats probably the path they took.

7. Where was Thrall? You know his best friend in the whole world why wasnt he in attendance? Everyone else was!
    from what ive heard, you get Doomhammer because Thrall has basically lost all hope. Vol'jins death probably helped a lot with this.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    We also only see varian appear to blow up in a big fel burst, but not any remnants of him remain to prove it etc.

Varian and Vol'Jin returning as Death Knights in patch 8.0, return of the scourge (TIC).
    He didn't die, he was just going Super Saiyan!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    poison. it can be survived if tended to, which it was.

This time he was filled with fel energy, if you couldnt tell the wound was glowing. He probably couldn't be healed from it. He also probably accepted his death from another chat with Bwonsamdi.

when he was almost killed by Garrosh assassin, he had a vision with Bwonsamdi(Loa) and his father. Thats probably who gave him the visions now of who to give the horde to. Bwonsamdi wanted him to start a war during cata, so more souls would be sent to the after life. Bwonsamdi knows Sylvanas will do that.

Again, the loa Bwonsamdi told him to.

No movement, laying down, being carted off like he is in a casket...thats dead

Some tribes have been known to mummify their dead. I don't think we have seen whether or not the Darkspears do it. But the tauren burn their dead. with bane there, thats probably the path they took.

from what ive heard, you get Doomhammer because Thrall has basically lost all hope. Vol'jins death probably helped a lot with this.
    You give blizz too much credit since when did a blade with a bit of fel kill anyone? Hell how many of his troops survived being stabbed by a felblade? Hell if being stabbed by a felblade meant insta death then where does that lead me and prolly loads of players also didnt varian get hit by a felblade did he suddenly start going bad?

Christ we have been fighting the demons since forver and if we get nicked by a demon blade does that mean oh noes better not heal you you are done for!

AS forthe loa Bwonsamdi told him to well we only got Vol'jins word on that infact he doesnt even say that he just says the spirits have given him clarency
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-08-18 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    You give blizz too much credit since when did a blade with a bit of fel kill anyone? Hell how many of his troops survived being stabbed by a felblade? Hell if being stabbed by a felblade meant insta death then where does that lead me and prolly loads of players also didnt varian get hit by a felblade did he suddenly start going bad?

Christ we have been fighting the demons since forver and if we get nicked by a demon blade does that mean oh noes better not heal you you are done for!

AS forthe loa Bwonsamdi told him to well we only got Vol'jins word on that infact he doesnt even say that he just says the spirits have given him clarency
    google plot device. just like we can be stabbed everywhere by demons and live, or die and run to our bodies and rez. NPCs cant do this, because they have to die, so the story can move on.

you cant compare how the game functions for players, to how it functions for npcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did we? Where did we see him die?

We had to see Varian Explode just so the fanboys could see that mother fucker is dead but all we get is a arm being carted away!
    Maybe when he goes limp mid sentence and starts turning to ash?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

google plot device. just like we can be stabbed everywhere by demons and live, or die and run to our bodies and rez. NPCs cant do this, because they have to die, so the story can move on.

you cant compare how the game functions for players, to how it functions for npcs.
    But you leave out blizz hack writing! Christ cant you see a obvious plot twist down the line?

Google Chekhov's gun!

But you leave out blizz hack writing! Christ cant you see a obvious plot twist down the line?

Google Chekhov's gun!
    give me 1 good reason why voljin would fake his death here. He already faked his death once with Garrosh. He let everyone believe he was dead, and secretly started a revolution against Garrosh. Vol'jin gains nothing from faking his death here. It means nothing to the legion.

If Vol'jin does return later in the expansion, it will be from the spirit world. Where he gained more power, and dying was required to get there. This could be the clarity he spoke of. But still, this isnt faking his dead as he would actually need to die to do it.

Deleted
    We saw him die. He died just after he made Sylvanas warchief. Remarkable timing i must say.

He was totally fel poisoned. The chances he survived are about as big as Varian having survived the fel explosion.

Seems like Stormwind Guard #3481 can't die without someone posting about they aren't actually dead and will return for an 'unexpected' twist

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    We saw him die. He died just after he made Sylvanas warchief. Remarkable timing i must say.

He was totally fel poisoned. The chances he survived are about as big as Varian having survived the fel explosion.
    So the horde cut a nice cutscene but the allies dont? Where is Greymane handing Anduin that note that wouldve been touching?

10+ Year Old Account
    We literally had to see Varian skewered then exploded just so Blizz could make home the point that motherfucker was dead but what did Vol'jin get he just got a screen fade and thats it!
    Because if they didn't do that to Varian you've have a legion of clowns posting their idiotic theories that Varian wasn't dead... and even blowing him up still didn't stop some of those clowns.

Now we have those folks claiming that Vol'jin isn't dead... isn't that right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

give me 1 good reason why voljin would fake his death here. He already faked his death once with Garrosh. He let everyone believe he was dead, and secretly started a revolution against Garrosh. Vol'jin gains nothing from faking his death here. It means nothing to the legion.

If Vol'jin does return later in the expansion, it will be from the spirit world. Where he gained more power, and dying was required to get there. This could be the clarity he spoke of. But still, this isnt faking his dead as he would actually need to die to do it.
    Because at Vol'jins funeral didnt all those demons attack? But i will digress and say he need to recruit the zandarali but seeing how rastakahn hates his guts it makes sense to fake your own death!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Because if they didn't do that to Varian you've have a legion of clowns posting their idiotic theories that Varian wasn't dead... and even blowing him up still didn't stop some of those clowns.

Now we have those folks claiming that Vol'jin isn't dead... isn't that right?
    Why waste man hours making a cutscene? It takes money to make a cutscene and you dont waste money unless you plan to pull a surprise at the end!

Deleted
    So the horde cut a nice cutscene but the allies dont? Where is Greymane handing Anduin that note that wouldve been touching?
    Alliance got an argument in the throne room instead. It wasn't cut-scene worthy but it was dramatic aswell. Alliance already had the death and message in the broken shore cinematic.

Because at Vol'jins funeral didnt all those demons attack? But i will digress and say he need to recruit the zandarali but seeing how rastakahn hates his guts it makes sense to fake your own death!

- - - Updated - - -

Why waste man hours making a cutscene?
    They attacked because all of the horde leaders were gathered in one location. If you wipe out all the leaders of an army, its hard for them to mount attacks against you.

- - - Updated - - -

Why waste man hours making a cutscene? It takes money to make a cutscene and you dont waste money unless you plan to pull a surprise at the end!
    cutscene: deathwing comes out of the earth, flies around, wipes out half of stormwind. declares he will kill everyone...wheres the surprise?

They attacked because all of the horde leaders were gathered in one location. If you wipe out all the leaders of an army, its hard for them to mount attacks against you.

- - - Updated - - -

cutscene: deathwing comes out of the earth, flies around, wipes out half of stormwind. declares he will kill everyone...wheres the surprise?
    Its almost like he had a vision like that would happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    If someone showed up with his head on a pike would you call him fucking dead or would you say 'its merely a setback, he can come back from that'? No, seriously, what do you need to know or see to believe the troll is dead?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Its almost like he had a vision like that would happen?
    this doesnt even make sense.

That was to convey how much of a threat DW was

Christ why does the ally not get a cutscene but we do? Why didnt blizz give the allys a nice toucing scene of Greymane giving that item to Anduin? You dont do shit unless you want it to mean something!

- - - Updated - - -

this doesnt even make sense.
    Didnt he have clarity? Didnt the Loa tell him what must be done?