Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    give me 1 good reason why voljin would fake his death here. He already faked his death once with Garrosh. He let everyone believe he was dead, and secretly started a revolution against Garrosh. Vol'jin gains nothing from faking his death here. It means nothing to the legion.

If Vol'jin does return later in the expansion, it will be from the spirit world. Where he gained more power, and dying was required to get there. This could be the clarity he spoke of. But still, this isnt faking his dead as he would actually need to die to do it.
    Basically this.

1. To my knowledge, this isn't the first time being afflicted with fel or a fel-tainted wound was a death sentence, regardless of healers (And no "My character gets stabbed by demons 1462 times a night" is not a counter argument)

2."Light in his eyes fades away" trope usually a literary/theatrical way of guess what? Confirming a character has died.

3. He literally starts turning to ash on the throne (Also potentially answering why they burned the body, rather than mummifying it)

4. We definitely see an arm on the pyre, presumably, the rest of his body is under the fire, unless we're getting into arguing that Vol'jin, healing powers already taxed beyond their limit, cuts off his own arm, ties it to a Vol'jin shaped pile of straw, sets it on fire and rides off into the sunset as Zul'jin 2.0

He's dead. Now, for trolls, death doesn't always mean gone (See: Gara'jal the Spirit Binder, Jin'do, etc.) He could very well being using his untimely demise as a way to be recruiting the Loa to our fight with Sargeras and the Legion.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Well i have said all i will say i shall necro this thread in the future if iam wrong or if iam right but if iam right you better believe iam gonna be crowing like a fucking peacock!

If he isn't dead than burning his corpse was a big mistake...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    That was to convey how much of a threat DW was

Christ why does the ally not get a cutscene but we do? Why didnt blizz give the allys a nice toucing scene of Greymane giving that item to Anduin? You dont do shit unless you want it to mean something!
    The Broken Shore cinematic is considered the Alliance cinematic, as even the Horde version is 85% Varian doing Varian things. the Orgrimmar one was thrown in to kind of even the scales by giving us some Horde-centric stuff.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

That was to convey how much of a threat DW was

Christ why does the ally not get a cutscene but we do? Why didnt blizz give the allys a nice toucing scene of Greymane giving that item to Anduin? You dont do shit unless you want it to mean something!
    why didnt Tirion get a cut scene for his death? one of the most well known and powerful Paladins in the world, dies in an in game event to some demons breath. Blizzard has no reasons for most of what they do, they just do it.

Didnt he have clarity? Didnt the Loa tell him what must be done?
    yeah. he is gonna die, make sylvanas warchief.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i have said all i will say i shall necro this thread in the future if iam wrong or if iam right but if iam right you better believe iam gonna be crowing like a fucking peacock!
    Wait? you are leaving before you have proven to us he's not dead? You get us all eager for your big proof and then you dump us to run away? What the hell is that?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Wait? you are leaving before you have proven to us he's not dead? You get us all eager for your big proof and then you dump us to run away? What the hell is that?
    Well your honor i presented my case i have given you my evidence is there anything else your honor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well your honor i presented my case i have given you my evidence is there anything else your honor?
    but counselor, you presented no evidence, you presented speculation... naw... its all good... remember, sometimes folks buy crazy ass conspiracy theories, sometimes not.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    but counselor, you presented no evidence, you presented speculation... naw... its all good... remember, sometimes folks buy crazy ass conspiracy theories, sometimes not.
    Surely not this forum only deals with pure facts!

lets put this trolling aside and just stick to did vol'jin actually die?

Lets not be sidetrack because i can see this obvious plot twist from Mars!

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely not this forum only deals with pure facts!
    but seriously, was a good show... I even laughed...

Perhaps he will become a powerful Loa.

Deleted
    Yes, he is as dead as one can be.

Is his part in the story done?
    I don't think so at all.

He will probably return as a spirit/loa/ whatever mumbo-jumbo they can come up with...
    The broken-off tusk will probably play a role in that... seen how it is the only piece of his body that wasn't BBQed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Yes, he is as dead as one can be.

Is his part in the story done?
    I don't think so at all.

He will probably return as a spirit/loa/ whatever mumbo-jumbo they can come up with...
    The broken-off tusk will probably play a role in that... seen how it is the only piece of his body that wasn't BBQed.
    That tusk just gets you a artifact upgrade!

If blizz wanted Vol'jin dead he wouldve died in the same cutscene Varian did but instead us horde get a extra cutscene something the allies dont get?

Why does Vol'jin get special treatment?
    Vol'Jin got "Special Treatment" because he had to appoint Sylvannas as the new Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Basically this.

1. To my knowledge, this isn't the first time being afflicted with fel or a fel-tainted wound was a death sentence, regardless of healers (And no "My character gets stabbed by demons 1462 times a night" is not a counter argument)

2."Light in his eyes fades away" trope usually a literary/theatrical way of guess what? Confirming a character has died.

3. He literally starts turning to ash on the throne (Also potentially answering why they burned the body, rather than mummifying it)

4. We definitely see an arm on the pyre, presumably, the rest of his body is under the fire, unless we're getting into arguing that Vol'jin, healing powers already taxed beyond their limit, cuts off his own arm, ties it to a Vol'jin shaped pile of straw, sets it on fire and rides off into the sunset as Zul'jin 2.0

He's dead. Now, for trolls, death doesn't always mean gone (See: Gara'jal the Spirit Binder, Jin'do, etc.) He could very well being using his untimely demise as a way to be recruiting the Loa to our fight with Sargeras and the Legion.
    Im not saying he isnt dead, but this from Wrath has me not ruling it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4rc5W4dKY

Bolvar is clearly shown dying (could say dead, you can see what looks like him stopping breathing + the plague is a death sentence to a living creature anyway and the red dragons burned everything away to get rid of the plague), and afterwards being burned away with the toxins. Yet he is very much still alive as we found out almost 2 years later.

Sylvanas made sure to burn the body, she's not making Garrosh's mistake!

Did we? Where did we see him die?

We had to see Varian Explode just so the fanboys could see that mother fucker is dead but all we get is a arm being carted away!
    Um - him taking his last breath to say warchief and then the light going out in his eyes wasn't enough?

Btw - the healers couldn't save him since he was infected with fel poison. That's why it pans down to his wound when he says it's too late. Thrall wasn't there because he was nearly killed with not one but three laser blasts during the broken shore event.

Holy fuck people - why don't you actually watch the cinematics and gameplay before making shit posts. The horde were overrun and with the rest of the leaders down, sylvanas saved the day. Just because he doesn't personally trust her doesn't mean she's unworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude had a damn blade in him that seemed to visibly wither away his vitals. I think it's safe to say he's dead.

He will be back as a forsaken

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Im not saying he isnt dead, but this from Wrath has me not ruling it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4rc5W4dKY

Bolvar is clearly shown dying (could say dead, you can see what looks like him stopping breathing + the plague is a death sentence to a living creature anyway and the red dragons burned everything away to get rid of the plague), and afterwards being burned away with the toxins. Yet he is very much still alive as we found out almost 2 years later.
    He was brought back to life by the dragonfire. FFS - read more lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.