Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Um - him taking his last breath to say warchief and then the light going out in his eyes wasn't enough?

Btw - the healers couldn't save him since he was infected with fel poison. That's why it pans down to his wound when he says it's too late. Thrall wasn't there because he was nearly killed with not one but three laser blasts during the broken shore event.

Holy fuck people - why don't you actually watch the cinematics and gameplay before making shit posts. The horde were overrun and with the rest of the leaders down, sylvanas saved the day. Just because he doesn't personally trust her doesn't mean she's unworthy.
    You're right, nothing is ever up for interpretation. Every cutscene is 100% inarguable representation of your personal point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Dude had a damn blade in him that seemed to visibly wither away his vitals. I think it's safe to say he's dead.
    Fel poison. They even put a debuff on him that you can see when targeting him. How much more explanation did people need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Um - him taking his last breath to say warchief and then the light going out in his eyes wasn't enough?

Btw - the healers couldn't save him since he was infected with fel poison. That's why it pans down to his wound when he says it's too late. Thrall wasn't there because he was nearly killed with not one but three laser blasts during the broken shore event.

Holy fuck people - why don't you actually watch the cinematics and gameplay before making shit posts. The horde were overrun and with the rest of the leaders down, sylvanas saved the day. Just because he doesn't personally trust her doesn't mean she's unworthy.
    We only got Vol'jins word for everything he said! Everything after that we just saw a pile of armor burn!

Did you believe it when Nick Fury died in Cpt Americas arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    You're right, nothing is ever up for interpretation. Every cutscene is 100% inarguable representation of your personal point of view.
    Isn't my point of view. All the OPs questions were answered via the scenario, cutscenes and by targeting Voljin on the throne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    We only got Vol'jins word for everything he said! Everything after that we just saw a pile of armor burn!

Did you believe it when Nick Fury died in Cpt Americas arms?
    Do the scenario again and target him on the throne. You'll see the fel poison debuff blizzard put on him. You can also see his skin is going grey/pale, his eyes are messed up and there's green goo in his wound along with streaks of fel energy on his body. Unlike our gameplay, people can't just be healed up with couple of spells after being poisoned with fel energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Do the scenario again and target him on the throne. You'll see the fel poison debuff blizzard put on him. You can also see his skin is going grey/pale, his eyes are messed up and there's green goo in his wound along with streaks of fel energy on his body. Unlike our gameplay, people can't just be healed up with couple of spells after being poisoned with fel energy.
    Oh my word you really equating game play mechanics to lore? I need to go back when vol'jin was nearly assassinated by a blade that was coated with anti troll poison in that scenario!

Isn't my point of view. All the OPs questions were answered via the scenario, cutscenes and by targeting Voljin on the throne.
    Whoosh, there goes the point straight over your head.

Fact of the matter is they left his death relatively vague and symbolic (unlike Varian's where it was quite final and apparent). We don't ever see anything that is for sure his dead body. You don't have to agree but it's silly that you apparently think everyone will interpret something exactly the same way you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude had a damn blade in him that seemed to visibly wither away his vitals. I think it's safe to say he's dead.
    He was stabbed in the stomach iirc, i doubt that intestine is a "vital organ" for trolls. It's hardly a "vital organ" for humans, while trolls have much better regeneration.

I think that either his spirit is going to appear at some point in legion, or he is not dead. They can't simply "forget" this character
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    He will be back as a forsaken
    I think we can exclude that possibility, seeing how we just cremated him.

That tusk just gets you a artifact upgrade!
    Hmm ok; i see... and it drops from Gul'dan.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...voljinpyre.jpg

To me it looks like his actual corpse is within that... notice the tusks... with one of them being chipped off

If blizz wanted Vol'jin dead he wouldve died in the same cutscene Varian did but instead us horde get a extra cutscene something the allies dont get?

Why does Vol'jin get special treatment?
    The Alliance had a direct successor to the throne. The Horde didn't have anything like that, and I doubt that many people would want Thrall to return as leader after the he straight up abandoned the Horde and left Garrosh in charge because he wanted to go talk to the Earth. Now, the Earth won't even talk to him anymore, so he's no better than your average peon.

So to answer your question as to why? Because they had to have some kind of reason for Sylvanas to take over.

Vol'jin is dead, it's plain as day from his speech. We saw him actively bleeding out fel ooze, we saw him collapse on the throne with a death rattle, we saw his body being carried out, and we saw him burnt. He's gone, dead, and, hopefully, not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Whoosh, there goes the point straight over your head.

Fact of the matter is they left his death relatively vague and symbolic (unlike Varian's where it was quite final and apparent). We don't ever see anything that is for sure his dead body. You don't have to agree but it's silly that you apparently think everyone will interpret something exactly the same way you do.
    Thank you They spent too much resources to say hey voljin is dead deal with it! Blizz isnt that good at writing all iam saying is just look at this from a non partisan view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    The Alliance had a direct successor to the throne. The Horde didn't have anything like that, and I doubt that many people would want Thrall to return as leader after the he straight up abandoned the Horde and left Garrosh in charge because he wanted to go talk to the Earth. Now, the Earth won't even talk to him anymore, so he's no better than your average peon.

So to answer your question as to why? Because they had to have some kind of reason for Sylvanas to take over.
    What reason? thats the thing you think oh hes dead so she must take control you dont give any reason why should should execpt seniority which she has.

Maybe he will do a spirit thing like that boss in that place in panada land

Had Vol'jin died in the same cutscene as Varian then i would've hold my piece but experience and the fact i see through blizz hack writing from a mile away tells me otherwise.

Zandalar will play an important part in 7.2 and you guys will say zomg vol'jin isnt really dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    You're an idiot.

He's dead. They showed him die. They showed the life go out of his eyes. They then showed his friends putting his dead body on a board to carry him. Then they showed him being burned. Then they had every single Horde leader talk about how dead he is.

If you can't see that he's deader than beetlejuice then you're an idiot.
    OH wow where do i begin

Did you see the life go from his eyes? You saw a body going with his arm stretched and thats it! and you call me an Idiot! Mark my word i shall be coming back if he is alive and boy will i will call you an idiot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    He was stabbed in the stomach iirc, i doubt that intestine is a "vital organ" for trolls. It's hardly a "vital organ" for humans, while trolls have much better regeneration.

I think that either his spirit is going to appear at some point in legion, or he is not dead. They can't simply "forget" this character
    Did you not see the black streaks that were shown on his body? It wasn't just around the stomach, the poison had quite visibly begun to damage every other area of his body.

Did you not see the black streaks that were shown on his body? It wasn't just around the stomach, the poison had quite visibly begun to damage every other area of his body.
    He survived much worse and had pandas heal him!

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm still waiting for the answer to my question... What will it take for you to believe he's dead?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

What? Stomach wounds were death sentences until recently with modern medicine, and they are still dangerous. Getting poisoned on top of that with fel is a total atom bomb to your chances of surviving.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Did those same pandas heal him of the fel poison? Because if you bothered to watch the cinematic, Vol'jin clearly states not even the healers can cure it.

My god, why are so many of you in denial? It's fucking obnoxious.

'So Bwonsamdi sends him back to the realm of the living with a vision of the trolls' great past, when the Zandalari empire stood at its zenith. Clearly Bwonsamdi wants vol'jin to lead the trolls he has known this since mop!

So i guess yes Vol'jin wont lead the horde but he may lead the whole troll tribes which is what Rastakhan fears!

- - - Updated - - -

Did those same pandas heal him of the fel poison? Because if you bothered to watch the cinematic, Vol'jin clearly states not even the healers can cure it.

My god, why are so many of you in denial? It's fucking obnoxious.
    WE ONLY HAS HIS FUCKING WORD FOR THAT!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    You're an idiot.

He's dead. They showed him die. They showed the life go out of his eyes. They then showed his friends putting his dead body on a board to carry him. Then they showed him being burned. Then they had every single Horde leader talk about how dead he is.

If you can't see that he's deader than beetlejuice then you're an idiot.
    Is he dead? Yes however you obviously know very little of Trolls to think hes dead for good.

They tend to have a tentative connection with death in the best of times. We have seen many lesser Trolls return from the dead none of which had the connections to Bwonsamdi that Vol'jin has or the level of worship he has among all Trolls. Hes not just respected by the Darkspear even the Zandalari revere and respect him they might be willing to lend a hand at resurrecting him as well seeing how Zul has failed and brought them only ruin.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-08-18 at 06:29 AM.