Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Interesting... That implies that Karazhan and Nighthold will be coming out at the same time. Did Ion ever actually say that the mini raid is coming with Karazhan and 7.1? Mini raid might be a mini patch in 7.0.
    It does not imply any of that sort. Nighthold is finished and part of the game client right now, when it opens up is irrelevant of the patch currently deployed on the servers.

Emerald Nightmare is being introduced in 7.0, but do we have it right now? Will we have it come August 30? No? Its opening weeks after the patch happened, and so will Nighthold - weeks after 7.1. They won't be releasing the new mini raid and Nighthold at the same time, even if they are technically in the same "patch" - mostly because Nighthold doesn't actually need any patch, its been developed as part of 7.0 and tested on the Beta already. Its pretty much ready to go, sans some balancing.

Proper content pacing is an important tool for them, and they won't do the BRF mistake again and releasing content too soon, they have specifically said as much.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I am actually really scared they are doing this so they can say we have 3 tiers.

EN T1 NH T2 XX T3

I hope I am proven wrong though.
    Should be just like HM and BRF, since the loot tables for EN do not have any tier in them.. How it usually goes is that Emerald Nightmare like HighMaul looks to be a gearing raid for the later Tier raids.. And since Night Hold is T19 will be interesting to see what they have for T20 and T21..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-08-18 at 07:30 AM.

Trial of the crusader kinda deal ? Short 5 boss arena raid, fighting "vikings"

Quote Originally Posted by phuzy View Post
    Talks shit. Is wrong.

Plays it off like nothing happened.
    Well, nothing did happen. Nighthold is not 7.0 content like Saiona said, (Are you an alt account of his? Your 6 post count makes me think so) it's actually 7.1, if the official website is accurate. I was wrong about it being 7.2, because I didn't know that Kara was coming at the same time. I'm still more right than I was wrong, at least 65% right by my guess!

And I only talk shit to people when they talk shit to me first. I'm the nicest guy in the world unless you start shit with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    It does not imply any of that sort. Nighthold is finished and part of the game client right now, when it opens up is irrelevant of the patch currently deployed on the servers.

Emerald Nightmare is being introduced in 7.0, but do we have it right now? Will we have it come August 30? No? Its opening weeks after the patch happened, and so will Nighthold - weeks after 7.1. They won't be releasing the new mini raid and Nighthold at the same time, even if they are technically in the same "patch" - mostly because Nighthold doesn't actually need any patch, its been developed as part of 7.0 and tested on the Beta already. Its pretty much ready to go, sans some balancing.

Proper content pacing is an important tool for them, and they won't do the BRF mistake again and releasing content too soon, they have specifically said as much.
    Raids typically open up with a new patch. There's obviously exceptions to that, usually at the start of an expansion, but for the most part a new full sized raid means a new patch number. And that's not for any technical reason, it's more of a hype/marketing thing. Patch 6.2 Hellfire Citadel sounds way better than Patch 6.1.4 Hellfire Citadel.

Concerning the pacing, I'm thinking that the mini raid will come out October-November, then sometime in January will be 7.1 which will be the release of Nighthold and Kara.

Well, nothing did happen. Nighthold is not 7.0 content like Saiona said, (Are you an alt account of his? Your 6 post count makes me think so) it's actually 7.1, if the official website is accurate. I was wrong about it being 7.2, because I didn't know that Kara was coming at the same time. I'm still more right than I was wrong, at least 65% right by my guess!

And I only talk shit to people when they talk shit to me first. I'm the nicest guy in the world unless you start shit with me.
    They're not releasing it at the same time. Kara/Stormheim raid will be out before Nighthold.

This whole news screams Helya's Lair to me. I don't think the raid will have more than two bosses.

Deleted
    Wasn't the Stormheim story the one where Sylvanas and Genn are at eachother throats?

I predict it to be a raid with 2-5 raid encounters;
    2 of them being:
    - the opposing faction's forces (Council fight)
    - Helya (if we don't kill her in the 5man instance; didn't look it up yet)
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-18 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    They're not releasing it at the same time. Kara/Stormheim raid will be out before Nighthold.
    I don't think Kara and the Stormheim raid are coming out at the same time. I thought they were initially because they were announced together, but I don't think that was stated.

I don't think Kara and the Stormheim raid are coming out at the same time. I thought they were initially because they were announced together, but I don't think that was stated.
    He does. He specifically says that Karazhan is the focus of 7.1 but the stormheim mini raid will also come out in the patch.

Raids typically open up with a new patch. There's obviously exceptions to that, usually at the start of an expansion, but for the most part a new full sized raid means a new patch number. And that's not for any technical reason, it's more of a hype/marketing thing. Patch 6.2 Hellfire Citadel sounds way better than Patch 6.1.4 Hellfire Citadel.

Concerning the pacing, I'm thinking that the mini raid will come out October-November, then sometime in January will be 7.1 which will be the release of Nighthold and Kara.

7.1 already has a name though, its Return to Karazhan, it won't use Nighthold for marketing.

I think it was pretty clear from their announcement, 7.1 will have Kara and the new mini-raid, and both launch when the patch goes live, perhaps in November or such, while Nighthold most likely won't launch until next year.

Following your same argument, adding a new raid, even if its a small one with 1-3 bosses or so, in a small minor patch like 7.0.4 would feel kinda bad, wouldn't it. Better put it into 7.1 with all the other extra content, and release Nighthold without a patch (because its already done)
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-08-18 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightwolve View Post
    More like Odin tests us. We barely scratch him.
    still fight him in combat and we get him to 80% so thats not reallyscratching.

I would imagine that the story basis for it would be defeating Helya in order to free the Valarjar from the Halls of Valor. They've left so many hints that doing that would be a major boon for the forces of Azeroth and a major blow to the legion that I can't see them not resolving that.

This patch system is looks great. A lot of content small and big

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    still fight him in combat and we get him to 80% so thats not reallyscratching.
    It's been a long long time since I last tested it but I thought it ended at 97%.

Uh huh.

So stay with me here, imma take it real slow. On live right now, we're on 7.0. This is the Emerald Nightmare patch. Blizzard just announced today that 7.1 is going to be the 9 boss mega dungeon Karazhan and a mini raid that wraps up Stormheim's story. Patch 7.1 will come out in between Emerald Nightmare and the Nighthold.

Nighthold is a 10 boss raid, and it is the final raid of tier 19, the one with all the tier sets.

If the Nighthold patch is after 7.1, and it has a similar amount of content, I wonder what the patch number will be... What comes after 7.1. Fuck, I think I need to call my kindergarten teacher. 7.1. That's after 7.0, but it's not 7.0, it's 7.1. So the next patch has gotta be 7.x, where x is a number greater than 1... I can't figure it out. The math is beyond our greatest minds.
    You can call it what you want, but this certainly seems a lot more they adding a small raid in-between raids that are "ready" at launch but spread out to better use them for a longer period (Much like HM to BRF).

When people say Nighthold isn't 7.2 it doesn't really matter if the official patch number will be 7.2 when they open it or not. What matters is that usually x.2 patch would mean the second raid tier of the expansion, and there's no evidence pointing to Nighthold being that -> It's just the final part of the first tier that's being released a while after 2 other small raids of the same tier.

In the end it doesn't matter and it's useless to argue over wether Nighthold will be 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 content, the true question is wether Nighthold will be just the final chapter of the first of three tiers, or it will be so extended and late that we'll only have 2 raid tiers in the expansion - Remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Wasn't the Stormheim story the one where Sylvanas and Genn are at eachother throats?

I predict it to be a raid with 2-5 raid encounters;
    2 of them being:
    - the opposing faction's forces (Council fight)
    - Helya (if we don't kill her in the 5man instance; didn't look it up yet)
    Its like 50/50 sylv-gray/odyn story.

As for my predictions of this raid i think its going to be a helyas lair. No more than 2 bosses. I think it might be a quicker catchup mechanic for artifact power.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    I don't think 6.2 will be nighthold, mainly because it would be weird to have a raid tier with no tier sets. I think it'll still be classified as 6.0/6.1, but still t19.
    Honestly tiers used to be purely the set, not the patch. Back in Vanilla.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It is a Helheim raid featuring Helya, it's been leaked by Muffinus yesterday.

With the superb meme replies from Celestalon and Zorbrix

Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-08-18 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nighthold will by 7.2 and it will come out in January, maybe early February at the latest. Then we'll get T20 sometime around June-August. That might be 7.3, or it could be 7.4 with 7.3 being another smaller content patch in between.
    Nighthold won't be 7.2.

Nighthold is part of the xpac content, it'll come out probably a month or two after 7.1, last 5 months, then 7.2 will hit with a new raid and more new content.

A mini raid isn't enough to delay Nighthold to next year. Nightmare has three wings and will be completely open by mid-October at the latest. 7.1 end of October/early November, with raid opening all at once. Nighthold starts opening mid-November/Thanksgiving at latest
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.