Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I dont get it, was TBC useless? i thought we killed Moroes, comeon blizzard this is current timeline where TBC happend dont remove those events like it never happend you could do that in WoD in a multiverse but not here.
    Moroes is undead, and had already returned by WoD.
    The curse present in Karazhan that raised him the first time keeps reviving him over and over again, every time he dies.
    That's one of the advantages of being a zombie (though in his quest dialogue, he does actually say he'd rather be dead).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Moroes is undead, and had already returned by WoD.
    The curse present in Karazhan that raised him the first time keeps reviving him over and over again, every time he dies.
    That's one of the advantages of being a zombie (though in his quest dialogue, he does actually say he'd rather be dead).
    Then we are fools in TBC for not locking him up or put him in chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone bitching about re using old content, but thats not so bad.

As playing tbc and raiding kara is a fond memory, Im actually very excited we get to go back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though the bosses are returning, I don't think this is a Kara reboot. More of a Kara sequel. With the Legion returning, we can only assume the Prince himself is coming back. He would be very tempted to try and resume his old work in the tower...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Also moroes joins the setback army.
    True but all undead are techinically the set back army. Also Karazhan was populated with demons, undead and creatures tied to the Nether so in this regard not much has actually changed. I still agree 4.1 all over again but unlike 4.1 these setbacks are relevant to a Demon invasion.

With the Legion returning, we can only assume the Prince himself is coming back. He would be very tempted to try and resume his old work in the tower...
    I really hope that's true, i was missing him at the Broken Shore It's not even unlikely, since the only really famous eredar who showed up at the Broken Shore was Jaraxxus, and i don't think Blizz would've missed the chance to put another famous one like Malchezaar in there, if they didn't plan something other to do with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    So if Moroes is back, and we can presume a good deal of its denizens, what does this mean for the work we did in TBC? Obviously, we're returning to Karazhan, and it won't wipe out our lore progression through it, but did Moroes resurrect himself? Are the spirits there cursed to forever be reborn until Medivh returns?
    Basically, yes. Karazhan is filled with dark magic and general soul unrest, apparently everyone who dies here stays there forever, wandering as a spirit. Some of them aren't even aware that they're not alive anymore (Stables and Ball Room). Moroes is different, since he's probably very attuned to the tower and his Master himself to drift away in madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Legion seems to become a massive fanservice xpack
    Which is great, to be honest. I don't get all the fuss about "rehashing" stuff, every big franchise has its recurring theme, main villain, etc. You can't built a concise, gripping world if you constantly jump to completely new storylines, you have to go back and build on what you already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Another night in Karazhan.
    Five Nights at Meddy's
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    dont agree, banking on nostalgia is a sign that they cant catch the spark from old times and also they dont evolve

also especially bad in the case of an mmorpg which is a product that evolves with the time
    But they expand it all the time, we get new continents, characters, villains etc. But we need the connection to old stuff as well, otherwise it stops being believable.

Karazhan is still filled with evil and unrest, it needs to get dealt with. It would be weird to deal with several new expansions of totally new continents, villains and storylines while ignoring the evil that's basically right behind the fence.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    also especially bad in the case of an mmorpg which is a product that evolves with the time
    So go and play a better one?

Is there a possibility that Moroes called Malchezar his master?

Called this a few months ago after watching the movie. Rehash or not, atleast it's not more grunting orcs in a foundry.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what are you even mumbling lol
    Mumble: say something indistinctly and quietly, making it difficult for others to hear.

Given that I was typing, a difficult thing to do.

"lol"?

Why Moroes is a killer of poor guy?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    kid
    I am probably old enough to be your father.

I was not "bothering" you, I was pointing out your statement that WoW banking on nostalgia was especially bad in the case of an mmorpg which is a product that evolves with the time, was implying that you dislike the approach. WoW is a very successful mmorpg and many people enjoy some nostalgia every now and then. If people don't, why whine about it? There are plenty of other games to play.

My view is contrary to one you expressed in a public forum, responding to your post is how forums work. If you find that bothersome perhaps you should consider not using public forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who loves the LORE, I'm happy they are going to the old world zones and putting more content there.Makes the world feel like it is growing.

nope, git kid /s

you clearly was and are doing it right now too

a mmo is a constantly evolving product, yes im aware, dont see where i cried for vanilla. Because of that actually i orginaly said it and you quoted, i emphazise that blizzard is unable to create something new that stick. Im not disliking it, blizzard is unable to pull it succesfull off.

Also, on this topic general: Evolving to a direction which is undesirable (aka harmfull mutations in biology) is not a good thing only because its evolving in the first place, you must not fix something that isnt broken

you presented me not your view, you say go quite the game when you dont like one aspect, has nothing to do with expression your opinion
    the hell are you expecting? you are on the forums, saying "stop bothering me" doesn't mean jackshit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ---words---
    Apologies, had not realised that English wasn't your first language.

My view is that people shouldn't moan about nostalgia being added, if they don't like the direction is game is going they need to realise that perhaps playing a different game may make them happier, rather than constantly putting down this particular game.

From your posts since that post, I don't actually think that is what you were implying though. Not sure where your reference to vanilla comes from though?

Having children does not stop someone else being old enough to be your father.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was simply saying blizzard is unable creating good new lore

But i still dont think people simply aaccept everything blizzard does or quit the game when they change something

Especially if MANY changes to the game in the first place came because people whined about it in the first place
    I really hope your first statement is untrue, though have to say their effort recently through the "creative" use of timelines and dimensions is quite lackluster. Fingers crossed Legion will prove to be an improvement.

I agree people shouldn't just shut up and play, just that this forum seems to have become so toxic of late.

Complaining HAS brought about some good changes, not sure it hasn't produced some of the worst changes as well though!