Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Karazhan will be the First Additional 5 man added since Cataclysm!

I know people will bitch about rehashed content, but hell, it's better then nothing. Even when the rehashed ZA and ZG at least it was something to do. (until you got burned out from doing the same 2 5 mans since it was the best way to get gear )

Zul'gurub and Zul'aman was amazing, and Karazhan is going to be good too.

Deleted
    Karazhan was amazing raid.Much wow mush nostalgia can't w8!

They aren't going to leave people wondering what happened in karazhan after you do the initial quests. Naturally you are going to have to deal with the threat.

Deleted
    Yerp i like it aswell.

Kara feels like it could be a 5 man dungeon aswell, even though its long. The halls and such make a more intimate mood then for example Ulduar would.

Hopefully they do something about the chess event while they're at it. Some of the most frustrating shit to deal with in there when farming it now, and I suspect it doesn't translate well to fun gameplay. ...Also, will the chess pieces have upgraded visuals? Hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that the Karazhan remake is more along the lines of Deadmines or Zul'gurub and not the kind of "remake" that Zul'Aman or Naxxramas was.

Deleted
    This karazhan thing doesn't make sence at all. there's knowledge and power there.. and totally defenceless. Would have assumed that all the books and stuff where moved from there after BC raids, and it is empty in current timeline, but still it's just like before, valuable books laying around etc. even goblins didn't want to make some profit selling all this stuff over the years. And why we defend Westfall or even Stormwind as priority, when this key point is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Hopefully they do something about the chess event while they're at it. Some of the most frustrating shit to deal with in there when farming it now, and I suspect it doesn't translate well to fun gameplay. ...Also, will the chess pieces have upgraded visuals? Hmm.
    A very very very very minor inconvenience, plenty of guides out there for you to win like a boss.
    Has been for years.

Hmm
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    A very very very very minor inconvenience, plenty of guides out there for you to win like a boss.
    Has been for years.

Hmm
    People need guides to do the chess event? Wat?

I mean, I understand if it was several years ago when it was actually difficult (pre-nerf) to solo, but nowadays? Dang.

Deleted
    More than the news about the modern Karazhan, this tells us that they a) had a solid plan for months, b) they are executing it at a very solid pace.

Honestly, Legion looks like it'll be a very solid expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriterion View Post
    Zul'gurub and Zul'aman was amazing, and Karazhan is going to be good too.
    Not sure if serious...

I mean, they were really nice dungeons, I, for one, liked them a lot. But there were rivers of tears cried over ZG/ZA, first because they were a remake, then because people got fed up running them over and over and over and over again. Which is what happened for a few long, long months.

But I guess with raids being more accessible now + a lot of other content to do, we can hope less burnout will happen. Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagree View Post
    People need guides to do the chess event? Wat?

I mean, I understand if it was several years ago when it was actually difficult (pre-nerf) to solo, but nowadays? Dang.
    Well, by the way the poster that i quoted posted, it seems so yea.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Not sure if serious...

I mean, they were really nice dungeons, I, for one, liked them a lot. But there were rivers of tears cried over ZG/ZA, first because they were a remake, then because people got fed up running them over and over and over and over again. Which is what happened for a few long, long months.

But I guess with raids being more accessible now + a lot of other content to do, we can hope less burnout will happen. Maybe.
    With mythics, all dungeons are going to be just as relevant for the people who stick around for a longer time. It won't be like ZA/ZG in that they're the only relevant dungeons.

Sure, it'll be different for new characters (first the initial dungeons, then Kara) but that won't be enough to warrant a burnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I just hope that the Karazhan remake is more along the lines of Deadmines or Zul'gurub and not the kind of "remake" that Zul'Aman or Naxxramas was.
    I find it more likely to be along the lines of the Scholomance remake - fully redesigned with new artwork and layout.

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    This karazhan thing doesn't make sence at all. there's knowledge and power there.. and totally defenceless. Would have assumed that all the books and stuff where moved from there after BC raids, and it is empty in current timeline, but still it's just like before, valuable books laying around etc. even goblins didn't want to make some profit selling all this stuff over the years. And why we defend Westfall or even Stormwind as priority, when this key point is still there.
    It's not defenceless, even the new questline makes it clear that Karazhan is heavily warded and packed full of guardian constructs.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-08-18 at 11:21 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I know people will bitch about rehashed content, but hell, it's better then nothing. Even when the rehashed ZA and ZG at least it was something to do. (until you got burned out from doing the same 2 5 mans since it was the best way to get gear )
    I don't think it's rehashed content. Time walking, updated heroic dungeons - that's rehashed content. Kara is going to be new content in an old location. Plus, the importance of Karazhan lore wise to the Legion really makes a return necessary

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    This karazhan thing doesn't make sence at all. there's knowledge and power there.. and totally defenceless.
    someone didn't do the karazhan quest with kadghar this week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I find it more likely to be along the lines of the Scholomance remake - fully redesigned with new artwork and layout.
    I very much hope it will be like this. If it's a remake like Deadmines, Scholomance, ZG, UBRS etc, then I'm all for it. As long as it fits into the story and has updated bosses and scenes, it'll be great. If it's just old Kara copy and pasted with all the bosses inexplicably back to life just as they were and there is no real justification for going there, then it'd be a bit lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Couldn't agree with this more
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Not sure if serious...

There werent tears in the beginning because they were remakes. There were tears because in the beginning they were hard af.