Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm on said realm and heed a warning.

It's already 1K queues certain evenings, right now.

You've been warned.

Come to Ravencrest EU...dont want this realm to die out to
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Please let more people transfer OFF the connected servers and MORE to the already overpopulated ones.
    Enjoy qeue times as per usual, but I guess you factored that in.

Don't forget to realmhop to the lower populated ones to get easy materials, rares and kills since you won't be able to get that on your own realm like some others have said in this thread. You want to be on a high populated server, well carry the bad parts of it too and stop abusing the Cross Realm feature to get away from it.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2016-08-15 at 04:17 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Read first page, this adventage is no longer present.
    You still can.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    You still can.
    Sorry, but the reason i said that was because i just posted the remark that if there are too many silvermoon players in one zone won't they be split up in different instances?

I'm not sure but it seems like that is what the system allows for as well?

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post

You've been warned.
    Whaaaa? I am on Silvermoon Eu and haven't had a que in 6 months. And I play almost every day. I'm not sure why you are seeing ques.

In general I think the advantages of a high pop server outweigh those of a low pop server.

But, if you are a collector it's hard. For example my pet collection, I have a rating of 4150ish on Warcraft pets which on many other servers would make me ranked in the top 1-3 on the server. On Silvermoon, last I checked, I was ranked only number 47. For things like the camel trophies in Uldum, the time lost Proto drake, and other rare spawns, your only hope to ever get them is using CRA.

As far as being worried about leveling competition once legion goes live, it shouldn't be an issue most of the time because of the multiple starting areas, and more importantly because of the fact that all mobs are now multi-tap. In fact it might be faster than a low pop server because there is a higher chance that other people will already be killing the quest mobs and all you need to do is quickly tag it before it dies to get credit (instead of fully kill it from 100 to zero percent).

Another advantage - you can find a guild for whatever raiding times you want. Want to raid only during the day but still progress, no prob. Want to raid only weekends, no prob. Want to raid only 1 day a week for 12hrs, no prob. You get the point, lots of flexibility.

Another problem- annonimity - lack of reputation - don't think that saying in trade chat "so and so just ripped me off, don't trade with him" will have any effect on Silvermoon. There is scarce chance anyone will know who that is, much less remember they have a bad rep.

You've been warned.
    ... There are? I've been playing my Alliance characters on Silvermoon EU every day and every evening since the pre-patch, and at most I encountered a queue of 1, not 1k...

You've been warned.
    I haven't had a queue in ages and even though it's not my main server I'm online pretty much every evening.

Deleted
    There was 1 evening that it had it.

My co-raider said that it's 1K, wednesday evening around 10pm EEST.

It may not be all the time, which it likely isn't but it already shows with that peak that it'll be an issue.

Logging in as usual and at random on other times hasn't yielded me a queue so far, except once when I did actually enter a double-digit queue.

Be aware.

Huh... Been logged onto Silvermoon @ that time on my second account for the past 2 weeks on Wednesdays/Thursdays, still never encountered a 1k queue...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Another problem- annonimity - lack of reputation - don't think that saying in trade chat "so and so just ripped me off, don't trade with him" will have any effect on Silvermoon. There is scarce chance anyone will know who that is, much less remember they have a bad rep.
    Hmm their is barely any trading going on in Bloodhoof trade chat, not even guild promotion for recruitment. It's mostly conversations.

The bad reputation kind of disapeared with realm / character change services etc. Since cataclysm seems to be gone. Another thing is the instance zone is mixed with many different realm players you have long name tags and seems more random so for me it feels more anomenous than everyone being from the same realm.

Have noticed in Silvermoon global channels its harder to really ask a question their.

Deleted
    Being there since mid vanilla (before was on Crushridge-EU), and I managed to get all content done even if not an hardcore raider.
    AH is good, got more than 3mil gold right now, queue is the pain on xpac release, but blizzard tend to forgot that they need to overtune server capacity just before the release.

Overall almost 11 years and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    thanks for that - I am less worried about waiting queues but more about actual questing and leveling. On my medium populated server I didn't have to fight a bunch of people to tag a mob (or when I did it was 1-2 people for a few minutes) wont the questing hubs be overcrowded?
    A lot of people haven't been reading the patch notes. There is next to almost no competition for tags now as even normal mobs are multi tag objects. Just have to get there before 5 other people AND the other faction. Almost all of the clicky on the ground stuff is universal as well. You don't even need to group up. All of these worries are baseless. Just hope the servers don't shit their pants because everyone's trying to hand a quest in at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    A bit different issue but pretty serious one.

AH currently has 160,000 auctions up, it's extremely slow when scanning things. Lots and lots of dumb people posting THOUSANDS of ore, dust, furs etc. in stacks of 1. Like yesterday, there was 70 pages of true iron, 65 of them was one dude with his 3200 ore in stacks of 1.

I've been tracking AH for few years and the number of items has been:

-MOP average: 80 - 90k
    -MOP high: 110 - 120k
    -WOD launch: 35 - 50k (AH worked VERY well on wod launch, propably the only thing that did worked well )
    -WOD average: 100k
    -WOD high: 130k+
    -Current: 160k+

Scan times are getting infuriatingly long above 120k auctions. At current 160k it's a torture to use AH for anything else than single purchases. Imagine if you just want to buy one stack of 200 ore but you need to wait 5-minute long scan through all these 1-stacks. That's with Auctioneer and TSM already which arranges the auctions ignoring 1-stacks.

AH needs a revamp. It is still basically Vanilla 2004 with higher gold cap.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi there,
    In my search for good raiding guild I found one not surprisingly on Silvermoon-EU. Before I'll make a big decision to move my main and possibly some alts I wanted to ask about the feel about the server.

I understand it has the biggest alliance population in EU but how does that look during fresh content like start of expansion or new patch? Can you quest at normal pace there or do you fight for every mob with everyone?

How is the AH situation there? I assume with so many people everything is available on AH but what about making gold? Can you make profit? Right now I'm making nice gold selling item upgrades on my server however I saw that on Silvermoon prices are way lower - is it still profitable?

Generally would you recommend the server? Thanks for any info you can throw my way.
    You no longer need to worry about fighting for mob since they start using same system as FFXIV where anyone who tab the mob can get loot the mob and get quest item.

About AH, it's depend on days like most server.
    Though you can buy some materials for 1k and resell finish product for 1.5k

It's the end of WoD, everyone selling everything for cheap price.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

AH currently has 160,000 auctions up, it's extremely slow when scanning things. Lots and lots of dumb people posting THOUSANDS of ore, dust, furs etc. in stacks of 1. Like yesterday, there was 70 pages of true iron, 65 of them was one dude with his 3200 ore in stacks of 1.

-WOD launch: 35 - 50k (AH worked VERY well on wod launch, propably the only thing that did worked well )

Scan times are getting infuriatingly long above 120k auctions. At current 160k it's a torture to use AH for anything else than single purchases. Imagine if you just want to buy one stack of 200 ore but you need to wait 5-minute long scan through all these 1-stacks. That's with Auctioneer and TSM already which arranges the auctions ignoring 1-stacks.

This so bloody much, but Blizzard with all their billions in useless arts and cinematics, crappy transmog bull, still can't make a proper UI.

Anyway my realm raven not so bad, but still its...not fun, there should be a limit to how much you can post of X items pr. hour just to avoid spam...damn I'm not a game designer, but even I can come up with a better system.

Fuck Rift had better UI than WoW ever did.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Silvermoon is the most populated pve orientated server in EU. However, it has much less top 2500 guilds than Kazzak and Twisting Nether. Silvermoon doesnt even bring 1 top 100 guild to the table.

Draenor is the Horde equilevant of Silvermoon in terms of population, but provides slightly better guilds, still less than Kazzak and Twisting Nether.

Top populated progressive servers: Kazzak and Twisting Nether for Horde. Ravencrest for Alliance.
    Top populated pve servers: Draenor for Horde, Silvermoon for Alliance.

Got an alt there and might move my main there after Legion launch. No way in hell that I'm going to level on that server. Take note that you'll want to put a lot of people advertising on trade on ignore. Trade chat is filled to the brim with boost sellers for pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

I would vote this up if there was such a thing. I no longer sell cloth, ore, leather, or herbs on the AH, it's just too painful waiting for the AH to scan through 97 pages of an item so you can post 4.

I really think blizzard should flag people as free-for-all PVP if they most more than 20 stacks of something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    Silvermoon is the most populated pve orientated server in EU. However, it has much less top 2500 guilds than Kazzak and Twisting Nether. Silvermoon doesnt even bring 1 top 100 guild to the table.

Draenor is the Horde equilevant of Silvermoon in terms of population, but provides slightly better guilds, still less than Kazzak and Twisting Nether.

Top populated progressive servers: Kazzak and Twisting Nether for Horde. Ravencrest for Alliance.
    Top populated pve servers: Draenor for Horde, Silvermoon for Alliance.
    According to wowprogress, it is tied for number 1 for EU English speaking realms, and if you just sort by alliance it is by far in the lead (33k points to the next at 22k).

10+ Year Old Account
    To anyone thinking of coming to Silvermoon, please don't.

You're just gonna make our queue even longer!