Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    There is absolutely NOTHING bannable in using game mechanics as you like. If you brought this buff with an external program it would be a whole different story. The buff is there blizzard knows it, if they don't like it they ll break it. There is absolutely no reason to harm a player for being inventive.
    This is completely incorrect, that being said given how widespread this already is it'll likely be fixed with no repercussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Does this persist outside of the zones? I can imagine it'll be hilarious to use to power level through dungeons
    Works on anything demon, invasion or not.

That using ingame buffs/bugs in unintended ways won't get you banned. If you find a bug it's not an issue, if you use it to your advantage it is. See the guy who used spellsteal on boneshield in naxx to solo bosses in it. See numerous WF kills (that were taken away) where a guild took advantage of a bug ingame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    better safe than sorry. not worth a ban.
    Hi

Deleted
    I seriously doubt they would ever ban anyone for abusing this. However, they might try to reverse any gains you got from it, it's very clearly an unintended exploit.

And why exactly is this "GAME BREAKING"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The thread announcing [Exploit] is dated July 16. There have been at least 5-6 major hotfix patches since then Im sure if it was a problem it would have been patched.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, common knowledge since at least July 16. If they wanted to break it they would have. Not even worth a blue reply even. A complete non-issue.
    Except the fact that the post you mentioned does not cover the fact that lowbies can get the buff and legion invasion demons scale to level, which is the whole issue. Lowbie characters are literally oneshotting bosses in invasions. This is most definitely something Blizzard is going to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Except the fact that the post you mentioned does not cover the fact that lowbies can get the buff and legion invasion demons scale to level, which is the whole issue. Lowbie characters are literally oneshotting bosses in invasions. This is most definitely something Blizzard is going to fix.
    If they were, it would have already been fixed. Blizzard monitors exploit websites, and when they see something on them that they do not like, it is hotfixed in a matter of hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't invasion enemies scale with your level? So they're still dealing the same % of damage on the mobs as they would at level 100? That buff is powerful as hell, regardless of your level, it does insane damage. So it's actually working correctly. They're dealing scaled down damage, but the mobs aren't level 100 for them, so it loses the same % on both their screens and yours. Same tech used in Broken Isles zones, but all the way from level 10 to 100.

And even if this was some bug... does it matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Question, are these buffs available to level 100s who have done the Broken Shores scenario?

Anything you can do by accident is not bannable. The buff is there for people to use, and you don't have to do anything strange to get it on low level characters.

They'll fix it and move on, so use it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't invasion enemies scale with your level? So they're still dealing the same % of damage on the mobs as they would at level 100? That buff is powerful as hell, regardless of your level, it does insane damage. So it's actually working correctly. They're dealing scaled down damage, but the mobs aren't level 100 for them, so it loses the same % on both their screens and yours. Same tech used in Broken Isles zones, but all the way from level 10 to 100.

The buff currently makes you cast a holy attack randomly, which does a fixed amount of damage, regardless of your level. At lower levels, demons have less health so your usual abilities can do equivalent damage to those of a higher level character. Since the attack from the buff isn't scaled down, it's devastating to those low level demons.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-08-18 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post

No, the buff does not scale, it's not intended for low level characters to have. We are talking lvl 20 characters doing 100k damage on enemies scaled down to lvl 20. People are having troubles getting bosses tagged because lowbies instagib them.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    No, the buff does not scale, it's not intended for low level characters to have. We are talking lvl 20 characters doing 100k damage on enemies scaled down to lvl 20. People are having troubles getting bosses tagged because lowbies instagib them.
    Yeah, those lowbies with their fast flying mounts can easily get to the bosses quicker than level capped toons. Oh wait.

Deleted
    I wondered why invasions were going faster than usual, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The buff currently makes you cast a holy attack randomly, which does a fixed amount of damage, regardless of your level. At lower levels, demons have less health so your usual abilities can do equivalent damage to those of a higher level character. Since the attack from the buff isn't scaled down, it's devastating to those low level demons.
    Ah I see, it's not a scaling buff at all. I am completely wrong then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. There are many players abusing this and Blizzard might swing the ban hammer. Hopefully it is fixed soon.
    How is this abuse? The players simply picked up a buff somewhere and are using it.
    If they used some kind of trick it would be abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter, it only quickens invasions, which are only used for gearing alts anyways... but doesn't really, because the invasions spawn at the same rate anyway, so the only thing it changes really is making you invest less time into this. Not game breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even close to game-breaking...damn clickbait title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

how is it there is nothing on the internet specifying where to get this buff? The closest clue I've seen is "by the docks". WHO or WHAT provides this buff in Org/SW?
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    how is it there is nothing on the internet specifying where to get this buff? The closest clue I've seen is "by the docks". WHO or WHAT provides this buff in Org/SW?
    Go to SW docks look for a table with purple crystals, touch one. Thats it.