Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensio View Post
    Hopefully it will be as close to the original as it can be, the best raid ever!
    i expect they will touch it up a little. i mean, the trailer had all those demons marching towards the doors. they're probably gunna get in...?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i expect they will touch it up a little. i mean, the trailer had all those demons marching towards the doors. they're probably gunna get in...?
    Well to be more precise, as close to the original by the bosses mechanics and the fun that raid was, I don's mind having the chess with gul'dan as the enemy king, and the mechanics can remain the same because TBH we did that raid what? 7-8? years ago? I doubt anyone remember much of it

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Literally hundreds of other people guessed it, and have been guessing it since the moment that was said, publicly, on this forum and every other place where you can discuss WoW's future development.
    i was guessing this since months and months ago when karazhan started popping up ALOT in the pre-patch notes, i will look for some old post i made about "kharazhan confirmed"

Deleted
    What if.. Medivh ... Was back in some way ? Khadgar mentioned him as we did the pre event there. Up in the library he said something like "I will seal this for medivh - not the monster, but the person he once was" .. That made me think, and that was pre reveal of 7.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they already in, if you do the khadgar quest you see

Oh reusing old content is new content (yes, its been going on for awhile now) Karazhan is not a place I want to revist, its rather dull.

FOUND IT

these pictures where taken months ago, here is where i theorized that kara would be coming to legion, through datamining and blizzards hints, most likley as raid/massive dungeon

(later actually being the pre-expansion quests)

and all of these were taken months and months ago, as i had found them through the datamined beta info, these were found before we evne knew anything about the pre-event

allthough all of these may have nothing to do with the dungeon, and only be for the pre-event, i was still right :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Oh reusing old content is new content (yes, its been going on for awhile now) Karazhan is not a place I want to revist, its rather dull.
    Now I've seen it all. I know opinions on this forum are wonky, but someone calling Kara dull? Who are you?

Ya know, I read a book, and the adventurers return to towns and dungeons they've been to later in the stories. The writer isn't reusing old content. They are progressing a story and sometimes that means using pre-established settings. Kara is a major lore site in Azeroth. This doesn't need to be blizzard being lazy, your perspective doesn't need to be so damn jaded.

Besides, it'll be 9 NEW bosses. The entrance is different so the area we visit might even be a bit different. Boss mechanics will be different. And there's a ton more to Kara we never got to see, like the catacombs.

I'm going to allow myself to get excited and hyped. That's how to live life happy. And if it sucks, who cares? Don't take it so personally. In the end, it's just a video game.
    Last edited by Florida Man; 2016-08-18 at 01:00 PM. Reason: I

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I hope it lasts around 8 months, it has 17 bosses from EM and the NH + the miniraid bosses, thats like twice the amount of bosses we got in most tiers
    Imho it's too much. 8 months would mean we are still stuck in T19 mid next year. And even if it's 17 bosses, you can't stretch it that much - EN has just 7 bosses (I know, DS had 8 and lasted for 12 months but that was horrible, wasn't it?). I'd say the maximum for EN is 3 months, I'd prefer rather 2. And then another 6 months Nighthold? I think it's not working for that amount of time.

Something like Ulduar, ToT or SoO can last 8 months because of the massive scale but EN and Nighthold are just "average" raids when it comes to encounters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    FOUND IT

these pictures where taken months ago, here is where i theorized that kara would be coming to legion, through datamining and blizzards hints, most likley as raid/massive dungeon

-snip-

and all of these were taken months and months ago, as i had found them through the datamined beta info, these were found before we evne knew anything about the pre-event

allthough all of these may have nothing to do with the dungeon, and only be for the pre-event, i was still right :3
    You do realize they said it at Blizzcon 2015 before even the first alpha build came out
    "Would you like to see a Karazhan 5 man in 7.1?" after Jesse Cox asked them something related to the Crypts I think.
    People just didn't want to take them serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Imho it's too much. 8 months would mean we are still stuck in T19 mid next year. And even if it's 17 bosses, you can't stretch it that much - EN has just 7 bosses (I know, DS had 8 and lasted for 12 months but that was horrible, wasn't it?). I'd say the maximum for EN is 3 months, I'd prefer rather 2. And then another 6 months Nighthold? I think it's not working for that amount of time.
    I would say EN+Stormheim 3 or 4 months and Nighthold 4 months

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It doesn't say the same 9 bosses.
    "Karazhan is coming back as a large five player dungeon with all nine bosses" That's exactly what it says.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Something like Ulduar, ToT or SoO can last 8 months because of the massive scale but EN and Nighthold are just "average" raids when it comes to encounters.
    HM+BRF was 7 months combined. They've said that HM ended too soon, so I'd expect at least 8 months for Nightmare+Stormheim+Nighthold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Karazhan is coming back as a large five player dungeon with all nine bosses" That's exactly what it says.
    thats what it says on mmoc, but in the interview he just said kara was coming back as a 9 boss dungeon, BRD style, with extra optional bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    HM+BRF was 7 months combined. They've said that HM ended too soon, so I'd expect at least 8 months for Nightmare+Stormheim+Nighthold.
    This. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    They said Highmaul ended too soon, not the combined tier.
    Highmaul -> BRF was just two months (one of which was during holidays where people were possibly less able to raid because of family commitments) and then there was no point going to Highmaul any more.

I don't think they need four months each, three is more likely. Or four and three.
    Just not five and two. The proportioning of how long each was out was the issue.

Pretty sure we'll either have 7.1 or Nighthold before Christmas. I'd rather go with Nighthold and 7.1 before Nighthold but we'll see.

They said Highmaul ended too soon, not the combined tier.
    Highmaul -> BRF was just two months (one of which was during holidays where people were possibly less able to raid because of family commitments) and then there was no point going to Highmaul any more.

I don't think they need four months each, three is more likely. Or four and three.
    Just not five and two. The proportioning of how long each was out was the issue.
    Was BRF too long? Ion only mentioned HM being too short and HFC being too long. BRF seems to fall into that 4-5 month "sweet spot" he mentioned. I don't know how Blizzard is going to split the time between them but I do think there is a good chance we'll see a combined tier length that is a little longer since they're wedging 7.1 in between the two and introducing a "mini raid" to compliment them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    What if.. Medivh ... Was back in some way ? Khadgar mentioned him as we did the pre event there. Up in the library he said something like "I will seal this for medivh - not the monster, but the person he once was" .. That made me think, and that was pre reveal of 7.1
    I realy I mean realy hope Medivh we return, hes a character with a lot of backround story and loved him in warcraft 3.
    When I first entered kara I never understood that image at tje chess event. I was hoping he was somewhere in the raid. Altho we knew he died twice.

The master will return!

This can mean 2 things: 1 its medivh! 2: moroes is corrupted and means sargaras( sargaras going in medivh body)
    I cant wait what it will be!!!

looks pretty cool, kara was always a fun raid, back when i used to raid as a a rogue haha

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Now I've seen it all. I know opinions on this forum are wonky, but someone calling Kara dull? Who are you?

Ya know, I read a book, and the adventurers return to towns and dungeons they've been to later in the stories. The writer isn't reusing old content. They are progressing a story and sometimes that means using pre-established settings. Kara is a major lore site in Azeroth. This doesn't need to be blizzard being lazy, your perspective doesn't need to be so damn jaded.

Besides, it'll be 9 NEW bosses. The entrance is different so the area we visit might even be a bit different. Boss mechanics will be different. And there's a ton more to Kara we never got to see, like the catacombs.

I'm going to allow myself to get excited and hyped. That's how to live life happy. And if it sucks, who cares? Don't take it so personally. In the end, it's just a video game.
    Jaded, likely, which is a shame, would be nice not to be

I would like to revisit places like Ulduar, the area was lovely to me and so little of it was used, even the nile farming I found wonderful to look at, there are many places in wow I would like to see again, just not kara, I was already sad when they reused violet citadel, I mean... who actually liked that...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot of bosses but I still think 4-5 months is the right length, 8 would definitely be too long.
    I think 6 months is about perfect imo. 4 is too short. 8 is too long in most cases. First tier 6 months. Second tier 5 months. Final tier 8 months. I think thats about perfect. I like the last month or two to just relax in WoW.