10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You mean this?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennif..._11565838.html

yeah it's a load of shit.
    lol what the fuck? He had a "complete medical examination that showed only positive results"? So are we to assume that he tested positive for HIV, tuberculosis, hep c, and schizophrenia?
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    That is because he was running against a 46 year old. It is wierd to me to focus on Hillary's old age when Trump is 2 years older than her. The doctors gave them both a good bill of health and that is where the discussion ends. We can suppose all day but it means nothing more than wishful thinking. Latching on Hilalrys health at this point is desperation born from obvious staggering losses in the polls. The other side can just as easily claim Trump has mental problems because he seems to not remember constantly counterdicting himself on an hourly basis.
    People are focusing on her Health not her old age which is why this subject is about her health, I am sure if Trump was much younger than they would focus on her age just as people did on McCain's.

Hillary in bad health would make me more likely for her, if we're lucky she will pass away and someone better than either Trump or Hillary will be President. I am saying this half jokingly of course

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    lol what the fuck? He had a "complete medical examination that showed only positive results"? So are we to assume that he tested positive for HIV, tuberculosis, hep c, and schizophrenia?
    I know you are trying to be funny. hehe. That is not at all how I would take that statement, all tests were positive. Positive in the context there was nothing negative about his health in the report.

While joking aside, this is a good example of how the media can jump on what someone says and take it out of context of what they meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I know you are trying to be funny. hehe. That is not at all how I would take that statement, all tests were positive. Positive in the context there was nothing negative about his health in the report.

While joking aside, this is a good example of how the media can jump on what someone says and take it out of context of what they meant.
    If you read the link, you'd see that coming from one doctor, this simply isn't how doctors talk... in addition to all the other mistakes made. Oh and the Doctor apparently has been dead since 2010.

It's a fraud, plain and simple.

Lol! As if your opinion here of those who will vote for Trump really matters. The smart ones will simply put you on ignore and move on as if you never existed.
    Amazingly prophetic if you swap the actors in these thoughts. Trump supporters will soon be forced to crawl back into the forgotten abyss from whence they came.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Even snopes of all places says the nambla accusation is false. I guess you guys are going to have to discuss something else extremely stupid for another page or two?
    This thread is dedicated to Donald Trump. All we discuss is something stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a fraud, plain and simple.
    Wouldn't such a fraud immediately count as a felony?

Also, why the hell would a note from someone's personal doctor be considered good enough in this context, even if it was both honest and accurate? You'd think he's be examined by (impartial) federal doctors.

Seriously, read the article. It may just be one doctor's opinion of another supposed doctor's letter, but its an informed opinion that highlights some pretty glaring issues.

You mean this?

With such a command of logic, no wonder your great leader can't catch a break. Lets discuss how Obama's birth certificate was fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Who knew we were discussing things that were meant to be discussed!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Amazingly prophetic if you swap the actors in these thoughts. Trump supporters will soon be forced to crawl back into the forgotten abyss from whence they came.
    So in other words, you are saying Trump is going to lose. Come on, go out on a limb. lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean this?

I wonder if the reason he believes all these conspiracies is because it's exactly the sort of thing he himself would try to pull off.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    Some more info on Manafort's actions in the Ukraine from The Times:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice wrap up of yesterdays Trump "expansion".

GOP Despairs As Trump Doubles Down On Being Trump

Just hours after Donald Trump's campaign announced Breitbart News Executive Chairman Steve Bannon would be its CEO, Republicans began bracing for the bottom to fall out of a presidential campaign many already acknowledged was spiraling out of control.

"I feel like Trump has declared war on the Republican Party," said Matt Mackowiak, a Texas-based Republican strategist who has had a long list of concerns about Trump for awhile. “He is determined to punch through the floor and see how low he can go."

In the three states considered the key to Trump's electoral math–Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio–Trump is trailing. He is so far behind at this point – in building infrastructure and in the polls –that electoral experts are warning that even if pulled out victories in those three states he could still potentially lose the White House as he loses ground in states Mitt Romney won in 2012.

Since formally winning the Republican nomination on July 19, Trump has backed away from decades' old commitments to U.S. NATO alliances, coldly attacked a Gold Star family, called on Russian hackers to find Hillary Clinton's emails, asked his Second Amendment supporters "to do something" to prevent Clinton from selecting Supreme Court justices if she were elected and repeatedly said Obama founded ISIS. With just 82 days until Election Day, the "pivot" that Republican strategists and reluctant congressional supporters were holding out hope for is a quaint relic from the days when Trump was just beginning to familiarize himself with a TelePrompter.

"I am who I am," Trump told WKBT-TV in Wisconsin during a one-on-one interview. "It's me. I don't want to change. Everyone talks about 'oh are you gonna pivot?' I don't want to pivot. I mean you have to be you. If you start pivoting, you are not being honest with people."

All of it has pushed Republicans into a position where they are left flabbergasted, exhausted and with few options to extinguish a dumpster fire that is consuming the party's best chances of taking back the White House in years.

"We now have a CEO, a campaign chairman and a campaign manager. That tells me that no one is in charge of this campaign," said former Rep. Vin Weber (R-MN). "Trump is playing these three people against each other."

This is the second time in two months Trump's campaign has undergone a major shake-up. But, whereas the rise of Paul Manafort and firing of Corey Lewandowski in June was largely interpreted as a sign Trump was preparing to moderate and take on the trappings of a fully operational national general election campaign, the overhaul Wednesday signaled a turn toward conspiratorial posturing. While Trump's promotion of Republican pollster Kellyanne Conway to campaign manager was widely regarded as a positive move that just came too late, Bannon's involvement in the campaign, was a different story.

“I expect Trump to double down now on being an outsider," said Republican strategist John Feehery. "This is a real signal that he thinks being part of the establishment is not good for him. He’s told the establishment to go stick it.”

Bannon has encouraged Trump's raw, populist screeds when Republican leaders have pleaded with their nominee to stick to the script and be more measured. Bannon's news site Breitbart has been known to fuel Islamophobia, and blast GOP leaders like House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) whose relationship with Trump can be described as a tenuous marriage of convenience at best.

"Bannon has no business being near a campaign. He is a conspiratorial, irresponsible actor in our political debate," Mackowiak said.

In some states, Trump is running such deficits with women and college-aged whites that he could cost the Republicans the Senate.

A week after 70 Republicans sent an open letter calling for the Republican National Committee to drop Trump, even more pressure is mounting for the RNC to redirect its focus from the presidential race to down-ballot House and Senate races, but even that calculation is complicated. If Republicans ditch Trump now – with more than two months left in the cycle– they risk losing out on money that the top of ticket draws. If they don't quit Trump, they could be forced to invest in what many recognize is a losing proposition.

“I have talked to people on the committee about it. Trump is raising money for the committee. There is no question about it. But, if we really believe that Trump is doomed as a candidate then the fact he is raising a lot of money to spend on his own lost cause at some point becomes irrelevant," Weber said. "The sooner we make the break and start to finding those people who want to support the RNC and down-ballot races, the better."

Weber added: "Look, we are in a terrible position. The Republican Party has made a mistake of historic proportion and when you do that, you find yourself in a place with no good solutions."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/this...down-on-losing
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

So in other words, you are saying Trump is going to lose. Come on, go out on a limb. lol!
    I'm saying more than that. I'm saying the regressive, racist, and uneducated have enjoyed far more than time in the sun than they deserve. The nation is steadily becoming more progressive, but Trump's impending epic loss and the consequences for the republican party is going to accelerate that transition. The window of tolerance for the reactionary policies of the right is going to become suffocatingly narrow far sooner than I would have anticipated.

7+ Year Old Account
    The short fingered vulgarian once again demonstrates his lack of understanding of the Constitution.

Trump Said He’d Throw Orlando Shooter’s Dad, A US Citizen, Out Of Country

Donald Trump told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he would force even U.S. citizens found to have extremist views to leave the country as president.

Hannity asked Trump what he would do about individuals like Seddique Mateen, the Afghanistan-born father of the man who killed dozens in an Orlando nightclub in June and has criticized the U.S.

“What do we do when we find somebody that has extreme views?” Hannity asked in a town hall that was taped Tuesday but aired Wednesday so that it wouldn’t interfere with the live broadcast of Trump’s speech in Milwaukee. “Do we throw them the hell out?

“I'd throw him out,” Trump said of Mateen, who is a naturalized U.S. citizen. “If you look at him, I'd throw him out.”

Trump did not clarify where those identified as “extreme” would be sent, but said “racial profiling” was necessary to root out people who might pose a threat to national security.

“Whether it's racial profiling or politically correct, we better get smart,” he said. “We are letting tens of thousands of people into our country. We don't know what the hell we're doing.”

Trump first advocated profiling Muslim Americans after Seddique Mateen’s son Omar went on a deadly rampage at the Pulse LGBT nightclub. In the town hall, he insisted, yet again, that Muslim Americans are not doing their part to help U.S. authorities identify terrorist threats.

“We have to be so tough and so smart and so vigilant, and, frankly, the Muslims have to help us, because they see what's going on in their community,” Trump said. “We don't see it. They have to help us. If they are not going to help us, they are to blame also.”

The Republican nominee gave a few more hints at the details of “extreme vetting” plan for refugees, which involves a ban on immigrants from countries with a “history of terrorism” and, as of this week, an ideological admissions test for all prospective immigrants. At least one proposal he introduced—screening the social media accounts of refugees and terrorist suspects in the U.S.—is already in use by the intelligence community.

“We didn't look at social media,” Trump said of the married couple who went on a shooting spree at a holiday party in San Bernardino, California last December. “They just came in.”

After the San Bernardino shooting, FBI Director James Comey dismissed reports that shooters Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik made open posts on social media about martyrdom or committing terrorism. Comey said their communications were private messages that would not have been readily accessible by intelligence agencies.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...ampaign=buffer

10+ Year Old Account

This is not how doctors write, at all. It simply isn't. It is not a report on health, at all. It is occasional snippets of barely relevant information, and not even close to anything comprehensive or usable. For example, he's on a statin? Why aren't they talking about his LFT's? What about his cholesterol? Or does he have pre-diabetes and is addressing it with weight/diet control (since he apparently lost weight, this would make sense) combined with a statin before taking front line medications like metformin? Or are all of these an indication that he had problems with chest pain on exertion?

But the biggest thing? The massive thing that is missing from there that is the blaring red flag that this was not written by a health care professional? The thing that would make a med student fail an exam and get an experienced practitioner called out, even publicly in front of patients? Either NKDA or a list of allergies. It's so beyond rudimentary that its exclusion is a blaring siren to anyone who has ever worked in the profession.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2016-08-18 at 03:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Cool so he'll force himself out of the country and the rest of the Tea Party crazies.
    LOL. Well we know he won't do that. I do wonder though if Trump would take the written citizenship test to see how much he really knows of how the US works. Because clearly he doesn't understand the Constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't such a fraud immediately count as a felony?

Also, why the hell would a note from someone's personal doctor be considered good enough in this context, even if it was both honest and accurate? You'd think he's be examined by (impartial) federal doctors.
    He was. But HIPAA is extremely protective. You aren't going to get those results... the only result you get is that he was deemed fit enough to run for president and have a good chance of surviving the next four years with no pressing medical concerns with an imminent risk of death.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2016-08-18 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Health was a major issue when McCain ran, people kept saying he wouldn't survive that he was too old, even though his mother was still alive...
    That is true I think. While maybe not a indication of a large majority, I do know some people who did not vote for McCain for those very same reasons.
    To be fair, that would have been far less of a concern if he had a presentable running mate. At least for me the risk of him being succeeded by Palin was the main factor that made Obama the preferable candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakallanar View Post
    To be fair, that would have been far less of a concern if he had a presentable running mate. At least for me the risk of him being succeeded by Palin was the main factor that made Obama the preferable candidate.
    This was being discussed before Palin was even mentioned, I will say I am sure it became a greater concern, especially since people commonly believed the things that weren't true about her. I personally think anyone who is over 70 is out of touch anyway, more so than most politicians are. Hillary or Trump has no idea what the working class goes through, they just make empty promises to gather votes.

10+ Year Old Account

The reason medical profession don't use positive in a subjective context, is exactly the same reason why you are saying 'Positive in context'. If positive was used in the way you and the letter implies, it would create the very confusion you are pointing out. It's even a joke from 30 Rock where Jack was tested for cancer and Tracy gave him the news that his test results were positive, while they were actually negative for cancer. You are litteraly claiming that Trump goes to a doctor, that is so incompetent, that he writes medical letters, with the same skill as a sitcom character known for his stupidity.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I'm saying more than that. I'm saying the regressive, racist, and uneducated have enjoyed far more than time in the sun than they deserve. The nation is steadily becoming more progressive, but Trump's impending epic loss and the consequences for the republican party is going to accelerate that transition. The window of tolerance for the reactionary policies of the right is going to become suffocatingly narrow far sooner than I would have anticipated.
    Agreed. The regressive right have up to now been able to cloak themselves in respectability via the republican party. The left would always go out and say hey that's racist or bigoted, but the right would always frame it in such a dog-whistle way that on a case by case basis there was still some level of doubt (though if you added it all up the general pattern was clear and obvious). But now they have unmasked themselves. Its extremely obvious to everyone that xenophobia, racism, and bigotry are pretty rampant in the republican party and that it forms up a huge chunk of republican DNA. There really is no escaping it and its going to cost them dearly. Moreover, going into the future with the bigots/racists/xenophobes being outed as they are its going to be next to impossible for the republican leadership to go back to using dog-whistles in the way they have been, every post-Trump statement is going to be parsed through the prism of everyone having had months worth of Trumps bigotry/racism/xenophobia and white nationalism shoved in their faces. So for example its hugely changed my views of the party and how I parse their statements and I'm sure it will have done the same for many. Out-side of the republican alt-right base tolerance for republican dog-whistle signalling will be all but gone. In a way we should all thank Trump he's done us all a huge favor in shining a light on the republican party and showing us what lay underneath the mask.
    Last edited by alexw; 2016-08-18 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.