Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say I think this is the best pre-patch event they've had in several expansions. I'm by and large enjoying it
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    If invasions where everywhere:

- I hate the event I can't lvl without finding demons and green shit worst event ever.
    - I don't like the event I can't farm the AH in peace.
    - I thing the devs have no idea for making people play in all zones now I can't farm alone.
    - I can't stay AFK in city because I find my toon dead to an invasion lol bullshit event.
    - I wanted to create 35 alts during this 3 weeks but invasions screw me, pleasse make invasions only afect 6 zones or so.
    - Lol invasions are only in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms they could make invasions in all zones of Northrend and Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    If invasions where everywhere:

- I hate the event I can't lvl without finding demons and green shit worst event ever.
    - I don't like the event I can't farm the AH in peace.
    - I thing the devs have no idea for making people play in all zones now I can't farm alone.
    - I can't stay AFK in city because I find my toon dead to an invasion lol bullshit event.
    - I wanted to create 35 alts during this 3 weeks but invasions screw me, pleasse make invasions only afect 6 zones or so.
    - Lol invasions are only in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms they could make invasions in all zones of Northrend and Pandaria.
    QFT.

The legion might be invading but this is just a pre patch. It's made to give people the feeling that legion is coming closer because new shit is happening every week. It's not an expansion in itself and it shouldn't need that many resources put into it(imo). I'm happy knowing legion is right around the corner

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Attacking the capitols would be waaaay to intrusive and drive many players away.
    Yeah we wouldn't want that army trying to destroy our planet to be intrusive. Sitting afk in org spamming trade chat must not be interrupted!

Seriously though, a few crybabies being inconvenienced is fine, world events like this are supposed to be epic and that includes affecting cities and shaking things up.

Deleted
    It does not matter what they do or give us, there will always be someone on the forums saying "Don't take me for a whiner but they could have done better".
    They could litterly give you a million bucks and someone on the forum will say "Why not 2? They have the money so why not?".

So don't get me wrong and take me for a whiner but you could have just not made this whine post.

You can't invade the main capitals because they're faction specific. Three invasions in Orgrimmar in a row, Alliance players would bitch.

And you can't invade all neutral zones because they're pretty scripted and had effort put into it. For example, in Tanaris, a Bronze Dragonflight dragon comes and time freezes them for a while. That's some neat and immersive scripting right there - doing that for all zones would be annoying.

Seriously, they have already put a very impressive amount of effort into an event that only lasts less than a month.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll pass on the capital city invasions, previous worl events that took place in them were nothing but a pain. Capital cities are first and foremost a safe refuge for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Because trees would stop the legion from invading..
    Not sure if you're stupid or something.

This event is fun. Sure maybe it's getting bit repetetive now but still it's fun. And week later we got new quest chain with Dalaran. I guess we will get one more quest chain or something new next week.

Deleted
    Have you ever had a tank pull one of the invasion bosses inside:
    - Any building in Tarren Mill?
    - Any building in Sentinent Hill?
    - Any building in Kharanos?

It looks preety ridiculous.

Do you imagine how that would be with the multitude of buildings/obstacles in those zones?

Invasions are pure crap, as they virtually shut down the area for more than an hour, and players there cannot kill mobs and do quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    I love the absolute lack of reading comprehension some people had.

No trees wouldn't stop the Legion, we're talking about the video game here, not the story. There are TECHNICAL obstacles that would have to be overcome, and with a finite amount of time, the best option is to work around that.

No, Orgrimmar and SW can't be invaded. It's not about people not wanting to be there, it's actually the opposite. SO many people would be there that it would have negative impacts on servers, causing hardcore lag and crashes.
    As much as I agree with you, a lot of people seem to forget that. Not everyone owns a top notch PC that can run the game perfectly or (I am just assuming since everyone likes to say they can do better) program everything Blizzard has done and satisfy everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Invasions are pure crap, as they virtually shut down the area for more than an hour, and players there cannot kill mobs and do quests.
    But you get way more XP than by doing quests... and invasions take 20 minutes max

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Main capitals would be under constant attack, with Warchief / King rallying their forces and fighting. If someone would say "I can't do my auctions" or something like this - there are other capitals than Org or Stormwind, such as Ironforge, Darnassus, Undercity.
    More frequent invasions are good but they don't add immersion. The world isn't burning, it's only 6 areas.
    As you said yourself, other people will complain. Even now, with the "other" event that could happen in the main city, people still complain about it. I think Blizzard decided to just move it out of the main city. It also makes it easier for the other factions to assist since they are stressing on co-operations.

I am sure if they allowed other factions in, some will use the opportunity to gank the NPCs.

Invasions are the most fun Ive had in wow in over two years. Ive gotten all my characters to 700+ and the pvp is pretty good at times.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    As you said yourself, other people will complain. Even now, with the "other" event that could happen in the main city, people still complain about it. I think Blizzard decided to just move it out of the main city. It also makes it easier for the other factions to assist since they are stressing on co-operations.

I am sure if they allowed other factions in, some will use the opportunity to gank the NPCs.
    They already do that in the zones that they do happen in. People come in flagged looking for easy kills and the flight masters are almost always dead at the end of it which makes moving to be next one hard on lowbie toons. No thanks to the auctioneers being dead all the time if they happened in the cities. Heck the dread lords alone make the major cities org and sw tough enough

Hello.

I love invasions - really I do - at first they were great. You've felt threat of the Burning Legion that was invading Azeroth, but in the end... They're invading only 6 zones. Even if they boost invasion frequency and number of simultaneous invasions, there are going to be 6 zones, that no one cares about, under Legion attack. After people get their achievements and gear, they will just stay in the capital. Why doesn't Legion invade Durotar or Elwynn? Stormwind or Orgrimmar?
    Main capitals would be under constant attack, with Warchief / King rallying their forces and fighting. If someone would say "I can't do my auctions" or something like this - there are other capitals than Org or Stormwind, such as Ironforge, Darnassus, Undercity.
    More frequent invasions are good but they don't add immersion. The world isn't burning, it's only 6 areas.

Don't take me for a whiner, Legion Invasion is one of the best pre-expansion event and with this potential, Blizzard could've done much better.
    What is underwhelming is the gear offering. With most even semi competent players well over 720 by now the items dropped in the invasions are underwhelming at best. I lean more towards insulting. Add to that a starter quest with a really neat set of gloves that will do extra damage to demons. Oh wait they are 685 and I would need to give up my heroic or better tier in order to use them. Soooo are invasions simply for noobs?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Why? This is Legion's invasion, it has to be intrusive.
    Welcome to WorldofCasualCraft... where invasions of demonic forces are cool, so long as they aren't intrusive ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    What is underwhelming is the gear offering. With most even semi competent players well over 720 by now the items dropped in the invasions are underwhelming at best. I lean more towards insulting. Add to that a starter quest with a really neat set of gloves that will do extra damage to demons. Oh wait they are 685 and I would need to give up my heroic or better tier in order to use them. Soooo are invasions simply for noobs?
    And with the ridiculous XP slash and burn, the majoirty of sub 100's have realized its a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Welcome to WorldofCasualCraft... where invasions of demonic forces are cool, so long as they aren't intrusive ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

And with the ridiculous XP slash and burn, the majoirty of sub 100's have realized its a waste of time
    it was always quicker to just buckle down, que for the occasional dungeon and quest.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

it makes sense when warcraft has headed the direction for years, what with preferring conformity over advancing social experiences.