Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That's fine but just don't come here complaining there's no content when you chose to skip it all.
    This is hilarious. You think that leveling is content that people complain about? You can seriously sit there and type this out and press enter and think, yeah, that'll show them. People that zerged through MOP can just go back and thank themselves that SoO was over a year long, same thing with those damn people that zerged through WoD for HFC. Get real.

This thread isn't worth discussing anymore. SJW types like that dude earlier "it must be an oversight i should just tweet them" who are only trying to convince themselves that they don't want to do it have ruined the thread. If anything, DON'T share how you're going to rush, just do it on the 30th. They'll just tweet your ways out in effort to get it nerfed after they come out of their safe zones from reading posts like these that disagree with them. Afterwards they'll move on to protest gun ownership because they don't have a gun so why should anyone else want one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    This is hilarious. You think that leveling is content that people complain about? You can seriously sit there and type this out and press enter and think, yeah, that'll show them. People that zerged through MOP can just go back and thank themselves that SoO was over a year long, same thing with those damn people that zerged through WoD for HFC. Get real.

This thread isn't worth discussing anymore. SJW types like that dude earlier "it must be an oversight i should just tweet them" who are only trying to convince themselves that they don't want to do it have ruined the thread. If anything, DON'T share how you're going to rush, just do it on the 30th. They'll just tweet your ways out in effort to get it nerfed after they come out of their safe zones from reading posts like these that disagree with them. Afterwards they'll move on to protest gun ownership because they don't have a gun so why should anyone else want one.
    Not quite sure what your major malfunction is.
    A legitimate subtopic evolved discussing what the actual advantages of rushing for raiding are. None of that reflected on speedleveling in general and how to do it. Offtopic? Sure, a bit, but there was no toxicity involved except for what you keep bringing in.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    A world boss is not quite the same.

At this point it is quite clear that they haven't actually sorted out the dirty details on Mythic dungeons and Mythic+. Heck, at Gamescom apparently they only just realized that Mythic+ lockouts could be abused to yield more loot than an entire raid per one ID.
    I imagine that's largely because the mythic+ loot system wasnt in until comparatively late and they prioritized testing difficulty for months before even looking at loot.

IF Mythic dungeons were actually accessible before the reset on the 31st, it would probably be an oversight. Tbh, worth tweeting them over. Honestly I don't believe they want people feeling like they're missing out if they can't rush to 110 within 5 hours. Not even top end players.
    Around 30 hours to ding, get some gear, and do them. They're slightly harder than pre-legion heroics so it should be entirely expected people would do them within 24 hours of launch (many people). the only possible oversight is the fact their lockout is 1 week rather than 1 day

Ergo it is more an assumption on your part. And not even a logical one.
    I repeat, the vast majority of us are simply assuming things work as they always do - you 2 are assuming something special will happen which has no precedent and saying we're being illogical?

OT: It's possible to get into 106 on beta within 1 hour 30, and even if this is nerfed by 75% it'd still be worth doing the majority of to get 1 level~ within a few minutes.

I had the idea of lunker handins but haven't ever tested, and decided I won't be doing this. Mentioning it here now for if others happen to want to test it. I'd note that even if it does work it'd likely be considered exploitative if you managed 100-108+ in draenor due to it (You can get friendly rep for each zone in approx 2 levels)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I imagine that's largely because the mythic+ loot system wasnt in until comparatively late and they prioritized testing difficulty for months before even looking at loot.
    Quite likely yes.
    I do hope they adjust it to the point where Mythic+ provides competitive upgrades, but doens't become the most efficient way of gearing for progress, replacing raids.

Around 30 hours to ding, get some gear, and do them. They're slightly harder than pre-legion heroics so it should be entirely expected people would do them within 24 hours of launch (many people). the only possible oversight is the fact their lockout is 1 week rather than 1 day
    I'm purely discussing the timeframe and the fact that if indeed there is an extra lockout within that timeframe, it is a lamentable oversight. That people will do them within 24 hours is without question, but it's a different matter entirely if rushed characters get an advantage with an extra lockout. This cannot be the intent, it flies in the face of everything they state for their release schedule. A world boss is entirely different, you can tag it at lower levels, it only drops limited gear, etc.

I repeat, the vast majority of us are simply assuming things work as they always do - you 2 are assuming something special will happen which has no precedent and saying we're being illogical?
    But they have never worked this way, as we have never had Mythic dungeons at launch. You are simply assuming that lockouts would work the exact same way they did mid-expansion, despite there being very clear evidence, from the delayed raid launches to removing realm first achievements etc, that they do not wish to reward cheesing the leveling process with added incentives like tangible gear advantages.

I don't think it's logical to assume that they would intentionally leave an extra lockout for super-fast levelers in at launch.
    If it exists, it's an oversight.

There is always more lockouts for dungeons at launch, via heroic. The CM quest (was that a weekly?) also gave an advantage and iirc that was available day 1 and reset after. If they wanted to stop us they'd gate all content, not just the raids / raiding alternative that is mythic+.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    This is hilarious. You think that leveling is content that people complain about?
    No, but it's all a part of the package. The package that YOU paid for. But hey, if you want to play the previous expansion while everyone else gets their moneys worth from the new one go ahead.

On the bright side once you hit 110 you can spend the time saved reading up on the story you missed out on

10+ Year Old Account
    There is always more lockouts for dungeons at launch, via heroic. The CM quest (was that a weekly?) also gave an advantage and iirc that was available day 1 and reset after. If they wanted to stop us they'd gate all content, not just the raids / raiding alternative that is mythic+.
    Heroic dungeons never awarded the kind of relative ilvl to raiding gear that Mythics do now though. It's quite a big difference.
    Reputation gear, crafted gear etc was all always higher than HC drops. On top of that, Heroics are on daily lockouts, not weekly.
    Really apples and oranges here. You did not get any kind of advantage from doing a set of heroics a day early.

A 3rd or 4th set of Mythics pre-raid release might be an advantage, but in any case it is a significant difference to heroic dungeons in the past. The only higher ilvl gear obtainable pre-raids is crafted, lucky TF rolls or world bosses. While in terms of overall ilvl it may not make any major difference (there is a theoretical cap to maximum ilvl obtainable pre-EN, and Mythic drops are not part of that setup), as others pointed out specific trinkets may end up making a difference.

That's still in flux, and it's hard to determine how much of an advantage it would really be. But in any case more tangible than heroic dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    No, but it's all a part of the package. The package that YOU paid for. But hey, if you want to play the previous expansion while everyone else gets their moneys worth from the new one go ahead.
    People using this method and aiming for very quick leveling at launch have probably experienced the complete leveling content on Beta more times than you will ever do on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Dont get it wrong. I will be 110lvl on 1st day of legion. Will start and im not stoping until im lvl 110 with dungeon gear. But stacking Q just to reward it for fast EXP was important when realm 1sts achivs was a Thing and each minute could be difference if you will have achiv or not. Now it doesnt matter if you have lvl 110 in 15 hours or in 13.

WoWProgress tracked leveling times for Warlords of Draenor. Hopefully they'll do it again this time.
    Last edited by mmoca60c1676f3; 2016-08-18 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varony View Post
    It did work for WoD as it allowed you to get to Gorgrond earlier while everyone else was struggling with the shitshow in their respective starting zone.
    That was a great advantage for WoD early on, to be sure. However the jumping a zone ahead part is not really that significant anymore, considering that in legion there's no set zone-order. You probably won't be swamped if you pick smart, but also can't get a "zone ahead".

Not quite sure what your major malfunction is.
    A legitimate subtopic evolved discussing what the actual advantages of rushing for raiding are. None of that reflected on speedleveling in general and how to do it. Offtopic? Sure, a bit, but there was no toxicity involved except for what you keep bringing in.
    I'm sure you just skipped half this thread, where people are telling other people to not level fast because they will miss story, they will complain later, etc, etc.
    Here is a qoute, from the first line of this thread;

This thread is for discussing the optimal preparation for levelling in Legion for those who care about getting to 110 as fast as possible
    It is just sad that there can't be had any discussions on these forums without it all going down to how and why people shouldnt be allowed to play the way they want.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    I'm sure you just skipped half this thread, where people are telling other people to not level fast because they will miss story, they will complain later, etc, etc.
    Here is a qoute, from the first line of this thread;

It is just sad that there can't be had any discussions on these forums without it all going down to how and why people shouldnt be allowed to play the way they want.
    Except that's not what I was talking about in the slightest. I am a power leveler myself, I was simply discussing the actual advantages it might yield in Legion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Except that's not what I was talking about in the slightest. I am a power leveler myself, I was simply discussing the actual advantages it might yield in Legion. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Skipping the zones in Legion has no benefit that I can see.
    In fact you practically HAVE TO complete every zone, because you get A LOT of artifact power when doing the storyline quests. So far it seems to be the easiest way to level up your artifact (alongside the class hall quests).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    In fact you practically HAVE TO complete every zone, because you get A LOT of artifact power when doing the storyline quests. So far it seems to be the easiest way to level up your artifact (alongside the class hall quests).
    This is a misconception actually. You get the same level of artifact XP as soon as you hit 110 and do World Quests and dungeons. In fact you actually get more in terms of the number of drops. Every boss has a chance of dropping some, dungeon completion awards a bigger chunk, world quests and Emissary caches award more than the regular questing.

You don't need to complete them for rep either, only friendly standing is required for world quests to unlock for that zone.

The only way to get ahead in AE is to rush to the Knowledge work orders asap, and that's through leveling asap.

The advantages are negligible though. You gain a few hours on the work orders, and a few hours of moderately better AE farm.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2016-08-18 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    And you will need to finish them to obtain some of the pillars for your order all. When I leveled to 110 first time on Beta, I had two zones I wasn't 100% finished with, and I had to go back and finish them to continue on my order hall quest line.

There is nothing you gain from skipping questing this time around, perhaps it is quicker to do pre-legion quests. But you will have to go back and finish those legion quests anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

So basically, tin-foil hat people are worried there won't be enough quests to reach level 110?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    This thread is for discussing the optimal preparation for levelling in Legion for those who care about getting to 110 as fast as possible

For Warlords of Dreanor I had a stack of 25 quests that I handed in as soon as the expansion went live - this gave me I believe about 40-60% of a level but this boost was all but wiped out due to the buggy release

For legion there are far fewer daily quests but I've still been able to find a total of 25 quests. I've been able to get 30% of a level (based on current beta) and was wondering if anyone has been able to get more?
    You can get 21 from the Inn / Tavern. I got 2 more from Tanaan. The problem that I tested in the Beta is that you will have to do some reloads and fly out and in of your garrison to turn all that quests, but I think it's still faster than have to fly lo a lot of places

Quote Originally Posted by Tatahe View Post
    You can get 21 from the Inn / Tavern. I got 2 more from Tanaan. The problem that I tested in the Beta is that you will have to do some reloads and fly out and in of your garrison to turn all that quests, but I think it's still faster than have to fly lo a lot of places
    You can cover 24 in nagrand without too much travel + 20 item handins (all in same place) in gorgrond. The exp isn't huge per quest, but with the density it's worth it

There's also 2 item handins in nagrand + a 3rd instant handin you can leave up for a total of 47 quests, along with iirc 17 bonus objectives if available.

This is mostly in mind for boosted / invasion lvl'd chars / dh's. my current main and main alt are going to do 100-110 in legion (both alts in legion)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can cover 24 in nagrand without too much travel + 20 item handins (all in same place) in gorgrond. The exp isn't huge per quest, but with the density it's worth it

There's also 2 item handins in nagrand + a 3rd instant handin you can leave up for a total of 47 quests, along with iirc 17 bonus objectives if available.

This is mostly in mind for boosted / invasion lvl'd chars / dh's. my current main and main alt are going to do 100-110 in legion (both alts in legion)
    It actually makes no sense to not level from 100 to 110 in Broken Isles cause you need to get honored with all factions in order to unlock World Quest anyway. But having some quest to do in case the starting experience is slow/lagged helps a little. Anyway doing all 4 zones quests are at least 8 levels, so having half level from WoD quest and half level from Artifact quests + 1 level from dungeon quests sounds like the right place to be

So, i didnt play beta, so this is a good post.
    Basically, from what i have read, doesnt really matter to get to 110 first (or very fast) since u will have to do all the maps to unlock a bunch of things. Better start with new content instead of spending 1 hour turning quest in draenor (i have a couple of quest ready in nagrand, they r close together and main is a mage, so travelling is easy, but wont do more)
    Zones are your lvl, so doesnt matter where/how/when u quest the drops also will be your lvl?}
    The only thing that i didnt read is about dungeons, are they gonna be per lvl (or a set level, 100 to 105, etc) then 110normal/hero/mithyc??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I'm not trying to like, attack you or anything. You just came into this thread that's about what's the best method of quest stacking and basically told them to do it your way, because it's the best way. I don't personally stack quests, but I don't believe your reasoning against it is warranted, or even that strong of an argument. It's like if I went to the holy paladin thread asking about the best talents and said, "Why would you even go holy paladin? Resto shaman is much better because of blah blah blah." It doesn't matter what I think/say. They're still going to play hpal.

I do, however, push through the leveling experience as quickly as possible and a 30 ilvl shortage doesn't bother me. I don't plan on going directly into heroics, I'm going to just skip straight into mythic dungeons.

A lot of these people appear to do this for multiple expansions, so I'm sure they're decently prepared for what happens after cap.
    I have to go against you on this one. He/she made an argument about why you shouldn't waste time in doing the quest stacking with a solid reason for it. If you have to spend X time on leveling to 110 to get gear for heroics or quest stack but then spend X time on leveling AND gearing to do heroics it doesn't matter. Of course if people are like you and have a group ready for Mythic (which I believe you have) then it doesn't matter. However not all of us have access to that.