Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    someone didn't do the karazhan quest with kadghar this week
    You maybe didn't. I did, that's why i made that comment. It looked like it was overrun by demons. Constructs where even reprogrammed and turned against Khadgar himself.
    And by pure logic, if it will be dungeon soon - that means there are enemys, it is/was not protected but taken over by burning legion, and it seems with really little resitance because i did not see any demon or fel lord corpses there (killed by constructs or defencive mechanisms).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    There werent tears in the beginning because they were remakes. There were tears because in the beginning they were hard af.
    Well yes, that too. The river of tears has many tributaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    You maybe didn't. I did, that's why i made that comment. It looked like it was overrun by demons. Constructs where even reprogrammed and turned against Khadgar himself.
    And by pure logic, if it will be dungeon soon - that means there are enemys, it is/was not protected but taken over by burning legion, and it seems with really little resitance because i did not see any demon or fel lord corpses there (killed by constructs or defencive mechanisms).
    Medivh's presence is somehow still lingering there, and Medivh was Sargeras's pawn. So, chances are, the tower's magical defences are riddled with more backdoors than Windows fucking 10, and so the demons just waltz right in with minimal resistance (except Khadgar's impromptu efforts - the barriers and reprogrammed constructs).

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    A very very very very minor inconvenience, plenty of guides out there for you to win like a boss.
    Has been for years.

Hmm
    It's not difficult, it's just a frustrating grind because of it being mechanically clunky. Like this isn't a "it is hard" or something like you seem to have confused it with, it's just... well, not fun for one, it's just plain obnoxious like doing vehicle quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I very much hope it will be like this. If it's a remake like Deadmines, Scholomance, ZG, UBRS etc, then I'm all for it. As long as it fits into the story and has updated bosses and scenes, it'll be great. If it's just old Kara copy and pasted with all the bosses inexplicably back to life just as they were and there is no real justification for going there, then it'd be a bit lame.
    I don't know about that, I feel the bosses are a big part of what made it great. Personally I would prefer the same bosses but just with some updated fight mechanics and such, it's not like we have actually done the fight mechanics for almost 10 years now. Some bosses could perhaps be cut, but Moroes, The opera, shade of Aran and malchazaar are such iconic bosses that it would be a shame not to have them in some form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Medivh's presence is somehow still lingering there, and Medivh was Sargeras's pawn. So, chances are, the tower's magical defences are riddled with more backdoors than Windows fucking 10, and so the demons just waltz right in with minimal resistance (except Khadgar's impromptu efforts - the barriers and reprogrammed constructs).
    Isn't this more reason to clear the place (i mean back at BC when it was defeated, all those velens, varians, jainas didn't care that the medvith presence is there? like-- ohh we did chess event lets go home now and leave all this stuff, powerful artifacts and receipts how to destroy world, laying around, because maybe medivh spirit is probably tired also and lost all interest) It just doesn't make any sence. Scuba divers killing baby mammoths at Borean Tundra are more sensible, by million miles.

There is even faction you gain rep there (that questgiver at the door).. what the hell did it do all this time?
    Last edited by mmoce25a800b33; 2016-08-18 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I don't know about that, I feel the bosses are a big part of what made it great. Personally I would prefer the same bosses but just with some updated fight mechanics and such, it's not like we have actually done the fight mechanics for almost 10 years now. Some bosses could perhaps be cut, but Moroes, The opera, shade of Aran and malchazaar are such iconic bosses that it would be a shame not to have them in some form.
    Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Personally I farmed Karazhan enough times when it was current. I'm ok with bosses which have similar mechanics and theme, but if it's literally just the same boss with the same boss lines and the same spells, I'm going to get very bored of this dungeon very quickly.

I learned Kara, I progressed in Kara, I farmed it to death with split raids and alt runs for the entire length of TBC farming badges and stuff... I don't really have much interest in doing it again Your mileage may vary of course!

Nvm, didn't read front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 bosses, will have to commit an hour or so to this 5man.

Reminds me of full clearing Strat or BRD back before they split them up into wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Personally I farmed Karazhan enough times when it was current. I'm ok with bosses which have similar mechanics and theme, but if it's literally just the same boss with the same boss lines and the same spells, I'm going to get very bored of this dungeon very quickly.

I learned Kara, I progressed in Kara, I farmed it to death with split raids and alt runs for the entire length of TBC farming badges and stuff... I don't really have much interest in doing it again Your mileage may vary of course!
    Yeah I did the same, but it was 10 years ago so I don't mind it. Like they shouldn't just do the exact same, but at least keep some of the iconic things that made karazhan so great and then just update the mechanics a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    9 bosses, will have to commit an hour or so to this 5man.

Reminds me of full clearing Strat or BRD back before they split them up into wings.
    If they worry about it, they can split into 2 or 3 wings for random heroic mode at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Hopefully they do something about the chess event while they're at it. Some of the most frustrating shit to deal with in there when farming it now, and I suspect it doesn't translate well to fun gameplay. ...Also, will the chess pieces have upgraded visuals? Hmm.
    psssh no way! chess is great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    If they worry about it, they can split into 2 or 3 wings for random heroic mode at least.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I Hate that =( As rare as it was for a group to either handle the trash or simple stay in group longer then an hour. I was not too keen on the Wings for Strat, BRD etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    psssh no way! chess is great
    I hope they don't remove pieces. Having to swap should be part of the strat. (if anything maybe shorten the CD a bit that stops you from swapping right away.)

Respins are nice and all, but they aren't new. They committed to adding new dungeons, like Magister's Terrace, the 3 ICC dungeons, and the three Dragon Soul dungeons. Hopefully they come later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post

I hope they don't remove pieces. Having to swap should be part of the strat. (if anything maybe shorten the CD a bit that stops you from swapping right away.)
    i think thats the only problem i ever had, purely because i wanted to get back into controlling pieces quicker haha definitely one of my top favourite encounters

I think the encounter is conceptually interesting, I just think mechanically it is a massive burden on my patience. Not hard, but just really drains my patience with its clunky mechanics. Hopefully they replace the pieces' MC mechanic with making the pieces 'vehicles' that you hop onto, because then they can more tidily control it imo.

I like this honestly. I wish they would bring back more raids like this as mega dungeons.

They should also do timewalking raids...THAT would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    is this gona be mhytic only like the other 2 ?
    Highly unlikely since they will want many people to have eady access to it. The time a 9 boss mythic would take would limit that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan is still my favorite raiding dungeon of all time. I've had the best memories from raiding it with my guild back in TBC.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Karazhan is still my favorite raiding dungeon of all time. I've had the best memories from raiding it with my guild back in TBC.
    Yes Kara and ICC for me. Hard to pick between the two. Nothing compared to the excitement my guild shared after downing Nightbane and Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...The difference no one's said yet: The original raid will remain intact

Ony 40, Naxx 40, ZG, ZA, Strat, BRS. ALL of these instances were changed when they were rehashed as 10/25 Man Raids or converted into Dungeons. BRS was originally a Raid from what I've heard before being downgraded into a Dungeon, which was split into two separate Dungeons in Cata: UBRS and LBRS. To further complicate matters, UBRS got rehashed in WoD (though the storyline from that was never referenced outside the dungeon). The Dungeon version of BRS takes a good hour to fully clear and until Cata, you had to clear UBRS to get attuned to BWL.

...Of course, MC attunement is still there ^_^

Ony 40 was easily soloable for 80s: As soon as I capped my Paladin and DK, I had that dragon on farm. Strat was partitioned into two Dungeons (Scarlet Side and Scourge Side), which kinda makes sense since they technically WERE two separate Dungeons already. You needed to down Balnazzar and Rivendere (different Rivendere post-Cata but the mount opportunity is still there ^_^), which is still the case now for the Achievement.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D