Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The real question is : How did the Hunter class make it through ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They could make some kind of "smoke shot" that act as a "marker" for the Dire Beast to attack. And something similar for KC.
    I imagined a little "I'm yelling!" animation like some sort of squiggly little red lines to surround your character or come out of your face when you cast kill command or DB.

Deleted
    Aren't all animations pretty much fucked up right now?
    Barrage is completely broken compared to how it was before.. at least as an Belf.

I can't believe they made it through playtesting.

Marked Shot is really awkward too if you attack multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Aren't all animations pretty much fucked up right now?
    Barrage is completely broken compared to how it was before.. at least as an Belf.

I can't believe they made it through playtesting.

Marked Shot is really awkward too if you attack multiple targets.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that Barrage makes your character model try and stand in place whilst shooting. It used to work fine, but they were too busy with other things to go back and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    The real question is : How did the Hunter class make it through ?
    ^ this.

Looks like Legion hunter design has been done in half a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering there is not a real difference from BM on alpha 8 months to how it is now, it's safe to assume little time was spent on the spec. I mean look at some of the talents, aspect of the beast is still a talent for 2 specs.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They could make some kind of "smoke shot" that act as a "marker" for the Dire Beast to attack. And something similar for KC.
    We could fire a Pheromone Arrow at the target for Dire Beast. That'd explain why random critters just show up and begin attacking. I don't really see the need for something like that for Kill Command, which comes from our primary pet; an actual "command" makes more sense than a shot for KC. Just make its animation not interrupt auto shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Looks like Legion hunter design has been done in half a day.
    I'd be more generous and say the hunter design was done in a few days. By unpaid interns. Then no more changes were made for half a year, despite a wealth of feedback given during beta (including reports of bugs which were just fixed days ago).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty distressed.

I've played my hunter as BM since 2004. Yes, there were always a few issues. No, it's never been as "messy" as it is right now.

In addition to the lack of polish on the skills we did retain (thank god they hotfixed out the dire beast whistle)... everything feels too pruned. The basic core unique things that made me go "oh yeah this is my hunter" anytime I logged in to play it - things like Cheetah run speed and traps - are gone. Spirit Bond's absence is driving me fekking nuts. Mend Pet is next to useless, so useless that I have disabled growl in the invasions because I got tired of rezzing my pet constantly. The overall downtime during dps rotation is far too much.

For the first time I'm wondering what's even the point of being BM. I guess so we can tame spirit beasts for their cosmetic looks... because otherwise they don't do anything useful anymore, except a 17k heal once every 30 seconds - and the usefulness of such a tiny heal is dubious at best.

We'll see how things are at 110 with the artifact and some gear. But playing so long (six weeks) with a severely gimped spec (which to be fair is happening to multiple specs, not just BMs) just feels like shite.

I liked the whistle and made a macro to get it back. I don't miss Spirit Bond that much and I experience very little downtime in my rotation. Traps I only ever used in emergencies and I can learn to live without them. I agree about Cheetah though. It was much better when it was semi-permanent. I also miss Camouflage.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    I see you guys are still whining and moaning instead of adjusting?
    BM isn't to bad when you get your artifact up and some haste. I can spam like a crazy person with little down time.
    MM still is clunky as hell to me even with the artifact but other people seem to enjoy it in my guild (we have 4 hunters, 2 BM 1 MM and 1 surv).
    Surival is a fuck ton of Fun and id probably main it if we didn't have so many melee in the raid already.

Stop your endless moaning and move on already, its not as bad as you doomsayers try to make everyone believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    All we need is a new animation over the hunters head whenever we KC or call DB (Talons raking across with blood... Wolf howl icon for DB with a little animation like Warrior's Dragon Roar... anything tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I see you guys are still whining and moaning instead of adjusting?
    BM isn't to bad when you get your artifact up and some haste. I can spam like a crazy person with little down time.
    MM still is clunky as hell to me even with the artifact but other people seem to enjoy it in my guild (we have 4 hunters, 2 BM 1 MM and 1 surv).
    Surival is a fuck ton of Fun and id probably main it if we didn't have so many melee in the raid already.

Stop your endless moaning and move on already, its not as bad as you doomsayers try to make everyone believe.
    Yes it is.

Opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    All we need is a new animation over the hunters head whenever we KC or call DB (Talons raking across with blood... Wolf howl icon for DB with a little animation like Warrior's Dragon Roar... anything tbh)
    Something like that is reasonable I think. I'm not sure why we have to sheath our weapon, it animation cancels our weapon attack. With so many classes having really great new combat auto attacks, ours is still in the 2007 category.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangerlift View Post
    I'm not sure why we have to sheath our weapon, it animation cancels our weapon attack. With so many classes having really great new combat auto attacks, ours is still in the 2007 category.
    That's the only part about Dire Beast and Kill Command that still bothers me. Beast hunter animations took a giant step backward in 7.0.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    That's the only part about Dire Beast and Kill Command that still bothers me. Beast hunter animations took a giant step backward in 7.0.3.
    It was always like that.

It was always like that.
    Not as bad, no.

Now you literally don't attack with your weapon UNLESS you use cobra shot. So let's say you use dire beast then KC comes off CD just afterwards : that's 3 fucking seconds with no attacking animations whatsoever and it just makes you feel like your character is bugged. Don't get me started when you get those lucky procs like DB - KC - DB procs ....

I agree that they should just make KC fire a shot and you pet charges at the same time, same for DB so you don't look like you're playing on the wow vanilla pre-alpha

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    It was always like that.

Was it? I actually remember it differently. The bow would remain in my Belf's left hand and he'd give the Kill Command gesture "Get him!" (it basically looks like he'd cast a fireball, but it worked and fits) with his right hand. Now he's *punching* the air (unarmed attack animation) and the bow is on his back. It's ridiculous and *broken*, it can't intended to be like that.
    And the worst thing is, he doesn't even change back to his combat stance until the next autoshot or skill is used.

I don't know what happened there @ Blizzard, but I'll wait exactly 1 Legion patch before I start ranting and complaining like a small child.

Let's be honest here, the animations are completely broken and bugged.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-18 at 01:41 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there were addons which muffled or altered the sound of a gun shot I am sure there will be addons which can do the same for the whistle and that's really my biggest annoyance with the class aside from being painfully easy.

I've had instances where my Barrage kept resetting the sheathe on my bow for each shot though. That was pretty silly.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    If there were addons which muffled or altered the sound of a gun shot I am sure there will be addons which can do the same for the whistle and that's really my biggest annoyance with the class aside from being painfully easy.

I've had instances where my Barrage kept resetting the sheathe on my bow for each shot though. That was pretty silly.
    The whistle is gone since a week ago or so.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whistle is gone since a week ago or so.
    Really? I remember talking to my friend about it a few days ago and how annoying it was but since then I've had the game muted with a movie on the other monitor.

Carry on then.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.