Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    685 here, sucks. Literally unplayable.

Oh wow, i thought i was the only one with a char with ilvl 700 and other char with ilvl 685 until I saw this thread. Guess I'll just wait till blizz fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by kw405 View Post
    A little off topic but can you tell me what font that is? I haven't been able to find a font this clear in-game so far.
    Arial Narrow
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yea I took two characters through the questline, one got iLvl 700, the other got warforged Ilvl 710, but when i logged in the next day they showed up as ilvls 685 and 695. But then the weirdest part was I replaced the 695 gloves with a different iLvl 700 pair and my characters ilvl dropped by one. I kept track of the stats and messed with it, and even though the gloves are showing up as 695 with 695 level of stamina and agility, when I equip them my stats actually go up by an amount used for iLvl 710.

So I think that maybe the display is wrong on the items, when in reality they affect your char as an ilvl 700 at least.

Both these chars were alliance btw

Quote Originally Posted by Dadukester View Post
    I kept track of the stats and messed with it, and even though the gloves are showing up as 695 with 695 level of stamina and agility, when I equip them my stats actually go up by an amount used for iLvl 710.
    Interesting you said this. I have the gloves still and show 685. My normal gloves are 725 so I put on the Invasion 700 gloves. Swapped them with the 685's and only stat that changed was secondary. The strength stayed the same. So yeah, basically they are 700 gloves with the wrong item level it seems or vice versa and it's a bug.

Item level didn't drop either.

Deleted
    lol i done the quest on my shaman and no loot, wtf lol

Deleted
    The proc is very strong. Probably BiS vs demons unless you'd be losing a powerful 4-set bonus.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kennytheone View Post
    When i got the gloves they were 685 ( I am alliance) but somehow now they are ilvl 700
    I had the opposite experience - my gloves were 700 when I got them - which I thought was odd because I'd been told they'd be 685. Then when I logged on the next day they were 685...

Quote Originally Posted by Banana1 View Post
    Go home, you are drunk. Ilvl is irrelevant this close to launch.
    I'm glad someone finally said it. Why in the world are people complaining about gear that they're going to replace in less than two weeks anyway? Seems a little pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    I'm glad someone finally said it. Why in the world are people complaining about gear that they're going to replace in less than two weeks anyway? Seems a little pointless to me.
    Because while it is pointless in two weeks you do realize it is still relevant now, right? People are using them to gear up alts to make Mythic dungeons easier (some groups even require 710 or 720+). Makes it easier to get into heroic / mythic pugs for HFC too.

as if this shit matters at all... you get better items in the first questing zone >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Loaky View Post
    as if this shit matters at all... you get better items in the first questing zone >.>
    No, you don't. You don't start getting 700 gear until about 101-103 forget exactly when. You are also missing the point of why it matters. For someone like you who probably cares about 110 and Legion you forget some people care about now and current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana1 View Post
    685 here, sucks. Literally unplayable.
    They aren't actually 685, it's just a tooltip error.

When you equip them you get stats for a 700 item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because while it is pointless in two weeks you do realize it is still relevant now, right? People are using them to gear up alts to make Mythic dungeons easier (some groups even require 710 or 720+). Makes it easier to get into heroic / mythic pugs for HFC too.
    People keep saying how it doesnt matter in a week but i managed to get my DH through a heroic pug simply because i went hard on ilvl on him.

So it certainly matters to me at least

No, you don't. You don't start getting 700 gear until about 101-103 forget exactly when. You are also missing the point of why it matters. For someone like you who probably cares about 110 and Legion you forget some people care about now and current content.
    OK, so the point is that the now and current content is already irrelevant. There is no actual point. You can say it is all you want, but it's not going to make that fact any more true. Mythic dungeons? Seriously? For the .00000000000000001% of people actually doing them? Don't kid yourself into thinking that the majority of the player base isn't doing anything more than yawning their way through invasions right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    OK, so the point is that the now and current content is already irrelevant. There is no actual point. You can say it is all you want, but it's not going to make that fact any more true. Mythic dungeons? Seriously? For the .00000000000000001% of people actually doing them? Don't kid yourself into thinking that the majority of the player base isn't doing anything more than yawning their way through invasions right now.
    You are absolutely incorrect. The now and current gear is not irrelevant. In roughly 10 days then yes, but now it is still relevant. Just because you don't want something to be truth doesn't make it true. Whether you like it or not the gear is still relevant at this very moment and sorry to rain on the parade.

Mythic dungeons your percentage is way off. At any given time Raid Finder will show me at least a hundred people looking for Mythic dungeons and that's not including those currently in a dungeon, those looking but the list is capped out until refresh, the different regions. Even if you go by 4 million players and let's say there are 100 players seeking in 4 different regions that is still 0.0001% of the player base and I can guarantee you that there are more than 100 in each region. Just because you aren't doing them doesn't mean others are.

Does it matter if a lot of people are doing the invasions? No, not at all. Does it change the fact that 700 gear is relevant for a lot of players? Nope. I get that you want to feel high and mighty with a higher iLvL (or if you have a lower one because it's too much effort), but it still doesn't change the fact that people are using that gear for relevant content still.

You are absolutely incorrect. The now and current gear is not irrelevant. In roughly 10 days then yes, but now it is still relevant. Just because you don't want something to be truth doesn't make it true. Whether you like it or not the gear is still relevant at this very moment and sorry to rain on the parade.

Mythic dungeons your percentage is way off. At any given time Raid Finder will show me at least a hundred people looking for Mythic dungeons and that's not including those currently in a dungeon, those looking but the list is capped out until refresh, the different regions. Even if you go by 4 million players and let's say there are 100 players seeking in 4 different regions that is still 0.0001% of the player base and I can guarantee you that there are more than 100 in each region. Just because you aren't doing them doesn't mean others are.

Does it matter if a lot of people are doing the invasions? No, not at all. Does it change the fact that 700 gear is relevant for a lot of players? Nope. I get that you want to feel high and mighty with a higher iLvL (or if you have a lower one because it's too much effort), but it still doesn't change the fact that people are using that gear for relevant content still.
    You win. I'll just leave quietly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the gloves at 700. Somehow they downgraded to 685 since then.

10+ Year Old Account

I've logged in and out 20+ times in the past week. My gloves are still 685, and I completed the quest on Tuesday when it released. If there actually HAS been a hotfix (which I do not believe), it hasn't applied to me.

EDIT: Actually, looks like it's just a tooltip error.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They aren't actually 685, it's just a tooltip error.

When you equip them you get stats for a 700 item.
    When I equip my 685 gloves, I get 241 strength from them instead of the 209 strength that the tooltip says (and 164 Mastery/Haste instead of the 140 it says).
    Last edited by Tehr; 2016-08-20 at 06:35 PM.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    I've logged in and out 20+ times in the past week. My gloves are still 685, and I completed the quest on Tuesday when it released. If there actually HAS been a hotfix (which I do not believe), it hasn't applied to me.
    Log out, delete the %WoWRoot%\Cache folder, log back in. It will rebuild the cache and you'll see the updated tooltip as 700.