Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Depends on the time you're willing to wait. It's certainly better than upgrading a weapon which will get tossed in the garbage 30 minutes after the expansion goes live.

I maxed mine. Didn't take too long going cross realm to farm shards. And what else is there to do while we wait August 30? I hadn't even planned on making a DH yet, but not much to do on my other toons either atm. 6/6 on both glaives, a ring, and a trinket... Now all I got is farming war-forged and titan-forged upgrades from the invasion chests.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    I've got 200+ shards, im saving to see if better transmorg stuff appear on the vendors as the invasion ramps up.
    People would riot if they added stuff after they've already been bleeding shards on extra pets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-Lothar View Post
    It drives me batty every time someone says they're gonna stockpile bats and sell them for a "ton of gold" in a few months.

No. You're not.

Because EVERY freaking person has a ton of bats already, and there's still 2 more weeks to go.
    There are probably a 100 people or more on your server who are also stockpiling bats.
    So, everyone has the bats, and there is a massive surplus of bats. By the end of this event, Bats will be a hundred gold at most, AND nobody will be buying them at that price.

If you're lucky, years from now, they'll be worth over 500 gold again. MAYBE for a day or two. But the very moment they go over 500 gold, people will flood the market with their huge surplus again.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. There is nothing better to spend shards on. But don't think you're gonna get rich off Felbat Pups.
    This is why I'm glad I sold my extra Pocket Fel Spreader for 19k. This one is definitely more rare but we do still have more weeks still, and I am seeing a bunch on the AH. US median price is already down to 10k.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I would definitely upgrade your glaives to both 6/6. You can send your glaive account wide, so all you would have to do really is farm 2-3 invasions per character to get the necessary shard amount. Plus, you have the opportunity of getting the upgrade item itself within the caches. 10/10 alright to upgrade. It won't take you anymore than a day to get 6/6 depending on how many characters you have for both glaives.

You're welcome.

Deleted
    Have anyone gotten Warforged Glaive yet?

It drives me batty every time someone says they're gonna stockpile bats and sell them for a "ton of gold" in a few months.
    A few months? No.

10 years from now? Maybe.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/thrall/item/40110
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    A few months? No.

Apparently I need to sell some of my Haunted Mementos. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Grandta View Post
    I've only seen one drop from a chest, so I don't have extras.
    If you're talking about the glaives, then buy one if you want. I did, I've only seen one drop afterwards, they're sorta rare. If you're talking about coalesced fel's, that's a personal decision we sort of can't make for you. What I did was grab all armor transmogs then get 3 felbats first then upgraded the weapon. Essentially though I got abou 4 fel's from chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Well, you could have gotten the plate, mail, and cloth transmogs for free using other classes. So it was grinding.
    I see your point, but if I am doing ~4 invasions on my main character to get 200 shards or 4 invasions on another character just to get the items (that are not even upgrades for them for the start of legion) there really is no difference.

People who underestimate the future gold value of unobtainable collectables are why I'm so rich - less competition. You're also assuming that everyone is going to save their pups and sell them at the exact same time, or even have the willpower to save them at all.

/headpats. But you keep telling yourself they're not worth farming, makes my life easier.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I see your point, but if I am doing ~4 invasions on my main character to get 200 shards or 4 invasions on another character just to get the items (that are not even upgrades for them for the start of legion) there really is no difference.
    The difference is that the other classes can also get weapons as drops. Of course nobody cares about the weapons themselves as they'll be immediately replaced, but the transmog appearances are unique to this event-- and you can't buy them with nethershards. Only the glaives are sold for shards.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Pets will be worth a ton of gold in 6 months.
    I seriously doubt that. It seems that just about everyone has loads of spare Nethershards that they have nothing else to spend on except for pets. Which means they'll be worth approximately the same as a Left Shark or Sinister Squashling.

Unless of course everyone reads my comment and decides it's not worth the bother and bag space, in which case the few who do buy them will get rich :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    People who underestimate the future gold value of unobtainable collectables are why I'm so rich - less competition. You're also assuming that everyone is going to save their pups and sell them at the exact same time, or even have the willpower to save them at all.
    Well let's consider a few things:

1) Loads of people are doing loads of Invasion events. In other words, there are millions of Nethershards going into peoples' coffers
    2) There isn't a hell of a lot of things that one can buy with all these Nethershards
    3) It's not like we need all our bag space anymore now that the transmog collection feature is live.

Now you could just hope that people are stupid and won't spend their spare thousands of Nethershards on pets. But if you look at other limited edition stuff like the annual world event pets, if they're reasonably common, as I expect the event pet to be, they sell for peanuts.

IMO, if you're doing invasions just to save up Nethershards to get pets to sell for a profit later, I have a better suggestion: Go to the Argent Tournament and do the dailies. They're faster to do and the pets you can buy are actually worth something now, and have been for some time.

/headpats. But you keep telling yourself they're not worth farming, makes my life easier.
    Hehe - I am with you on this one :P

I plan to farm all the transmog weapons and get as many shards as I can in the process. I expect I'll have a lot left over with which to buy pets. And I will buy pets. And I too will hope that maybe at some point in the future they'll be worth something. But I am not expecting it.

TL;DR: It's probably not worth doing the invasions solely to make money from selling the pets. There are more effective ways of making gold. But if you're enjoying the invasions and doing them anyway, there's no harm in spending all your spare shards on pets and seeing what they're worth down the line.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2016-08-17 at 04:25 PM.

Well, first of all. You don't need to farm them to have tons of them.
    I'm not going out of my way to farm them and I have almost a dozen of them.
    After 1 week.

2 more weeks and I'll probably have 30 of the little guys.

Literally every single person playing the game right now has at least one, if not multiple of these felbat pups.

Your entire market is new players and returning players. Neither of which will be that common post-event.

And when one of those people does login, and does decide they want a felbat pup, they will have hundreds of people offering them a pup.
    Heck, their friends and/or guildies will probably just give them extras.

Even years from now, Felbat pups are not going to be worth "big money."
    Because
    A: There will be little demand for them.
    B: The MASSIVE surplus.

Low Demand + Massive Surplus = low prices.

Again, I'm not saying people shouldn't bother farming them, because there is not much else to do anyways. Farm all you want!
    Just don't expect to get rich off them. At best, you'll have something to give people as a gag gift. "Happy Birthday, here's a felbat pup" "Thanks, I needed a 31st pup -_- "

You're much better off farming Pocket Fel Spreaders.
    A lot of people stop farming when they finally get one, so there will not be an abundance of extras.
    Last edited by Chimera-Lothar; 2016-08-17 at 04:27 PM.

Don't stock up the shards. More items won't be added to the vendor.

Don't stock up on felbats. Everyone has the same idea, they'll be worthless for years.

Spend them on the transmog stuff and any upgrades you may need (this includes the coalesced fel) then just don't bother with the events unless you enjoy doing them, because there's nothing else worth getting after that point.

The thing with the pups that I think a lot of people are underestimating is that you will never be able to get them ever again in two weeks time, the only ones available will be the ones already bought. Now think about how many people suddenly get into pet collecting or how many new players join WoW every month - expecially at the start of a new expansion. And one of the above posters is right - the vast majority of people ARE stupid and wont be farming the invasions at all after they get the gear and maybe one pet (because they are boring, and people tend to not do boring stuff), only a miniscule amount of people are going to put serious effort into farming more than 2 or 3 extra pups. The supply will be nowhere near as saturated as you imagine a year or two down the line - out of the people who are actually farming the pets virtually nobody has the willpower to hold onto them for an appreciable amount of time.

You can't compare these to holiday pets or WoD pre-expansion pets at all, because both of those things are never permanently unavailable.

As for the fel spreaders, they too are in the same boat (though even more value will be attached to those), but are definitely not worth farming. Best thing to do from a purely future gold investment standpoint would be to farm pets and invest as much capital as you are comfortable with on buying the fel spreaders from the AH. They are pretty damn cheap right now and will likely get cheaper over the next week, before hitting their lowest point and starting to rise again. They're definitely worth investing a couple hundred k in at their current price range. Depending on how much capital you currently have of course, but most people in the position to actually be considering this kind of investment are already millionaires (WoD was ridiculous for throwing gold at you for literally every button you press in the garrison).
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    I mean it doesn't matter how good your gear can be this xpac as a DH you're still going to be sitting around the tanks because of the lack of trinket synergy and no legendary. Is it worth the upgrade? I mean, if you want. It doesn't mean anything to do that content any more at this stage of the game.

I'd much rather use this pre xpac time to do achievements and stuff like that. But if you want to get as geared as you can to vendor it in 2 weeks then that's your choice and your prerogative to play the game in such a way. Literally just do what you like.

7+ Year Old Account
    It takes like 20 minutes to fully upgrade a weapon, why bother making a thread to help make a simple decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that next week you should be able to farm all the Invasion points consecutively that you can buy everything and upgrade both warglaives in no time.

No. You're not.

Because EVERY freaking person has a ton of bats already, and there's still 2 more weeks to go.
    There are probably a 100 people or more on your server who are also stockpiling bats.
    So, everyone has the bats, and there is a massive surplus of bats. By the end of this event, Bats will be a hundred gold at most, AND nobody will be buying them at that price.

If you're lucky, years from now, they'll be worth over 500 gold again. MAYBE for a day or two. But the very moment they go over 500 gold, people will flood the market with their huge surplus again.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. There is nothing better to spend shards on. But don't think you're gonna get rich off Felbat Pups.
    Depends on how long you wait. I myself will be going to buy as many as I can get on the last day of the event and sell them randomly next year and later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    A few months? No.

Hah! i have one of these just rotting in my bank

Eh, I don't know if bat investment will be that terrible, and it definitely won't be "left shark" levels of bad. UJ shows there being something like 20ish available on each server right now, and that's during the event. That number will easily fall off through the expansion, and value will rise. Sure, it probably won't ever get to Haunted Memento levels, but oh well. It'll at least get to "worth taking up a few bank slots for" levels.