Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was under the impression that it was best to level as blood .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madskizzles View Post

not evryone cares about being fastest to lvl or they might hate the spec, or want to lvl as want theyre gonna play at max.

It's always 'best' to level as the tanky spec lately, because they can't die and dish out good damage. Doesn't mean people want to though

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Still trying to decide my main character for legion, only decided it will be a melee and it won't be a Demon Hunter nor feral druid... ahem.

Anyways, about unholy death knight, for people who leveled in the beta so far, i read a few months ago it's survival / sustain was realy bad, is it OK if you for example try to solo a rare or elite "golden frame" Mob ?

(already know raid / dungeons survival is quite good with some good cooldowns).
    As long as you're smart about how you approach mobs you shouldn't have a problem with most things. We can't face tank a solo (big) mob forever now, but if you have a constant stream of smaller lesser mobs or kite the big guy, you should be fine.

I plan on tanking mythic plus dungeons for my guild. It's still viable to start with 13 in Offspec artifact while leveling and 13 in main spec artifact after 110?

I plan on tanking mythic plus dungeons for my guild. It's still viable to start with 13 in Offspec artifact while leveling and 13 in main spec artifact after 110?
    What is your MS? For Mythic+ you want to spend on your Tank Artifact. Personally i plan to spend all on my MS Artifact only, yeah i know 13 is cheap and we have research, but at first i will focus on my MS to get it up ASAP. Once research hits a decent rank i might then spend a lil on my Blood artifact but at that point it will be based on how often do i usually use it and if its needed for i what i go blood for.

Deleted
    Yes - the first 13 is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Just cheked it, its still 150% AP @110. It just gets the 10% dmg bonus from apocalypse and the other traits(which regular scourge strike gets aswell).
    That means that CS balance wont really change at all and castigator is still the way to go.
    Thats what I thought. I had no idea where ppl were getting 175% from.

Deleted
    What's the best way to use Apocalypse with Festering Wound rng? Suppose you Festering Strike twice, and end up with 5-7 wounds. Do you Festering Strike until you are at 8 stacks even though it may mean wasting wounds? Is it better to Apocalypse at 6 or 7 wounds instead of potentially wasting them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    What's the best way to use Apocalypse with Festering Wound rng? Suppose you Festering Strike twice, and end up with 5-7 wounds. Do you Festering Strike until you are at 8 stacks even though it may mean wasting wounds? Is it better to Apocalypse at 6 or 7 wounds instead of potentially wasting them?
    I haven't seen anything concrete on it, but I'd imagine 7-8 is fine, but <6 is probably worth an extra GCD on FS. Whilst Apoc + Wounds does a lot of damage itself, the more wounds you pop the more ghouls you create and they do a pretty hefty amount of damage and they apply debuffs. They're the main draw of popping the most wounds.

You want to use Apoc with 8 wounds every time no matter what, doing it with less will be a DPS loss because. While FW can do 2-4 wounds per hit, it is not guaranteed so there is no guaranteed DPS loss while using Apoc sub 8 wounds is a guaranteed DPS loss. If you are at 7 you can always SS to break a few then FS back up again as long as you don't delay Apoc CD. But its easy to make sure you have 8 up as soon as it comes off CD as long as you track its CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You want to use Apoc with 8 wounds every time no matter what, doing it with less will be a DPS loss because. While FW can do 2-4 wounds per hit, it is not guaranteed so there is no guaranteed DPS loss while using Apoc sub 8 wounds is a guaranteed DPS loss. If you are at 7 you can always SS to break a few then FS back up again as long as you don't delay Apoc CD. But its easy to make sure you have 8 up as soon as it comes off CD as long as you track its CD.
    And make sure you use SR before. Such a nice flow there.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    And make sure you use SR before. Such a nice flow there.
    Oh yeah SR+Apoc is great, caps your stacks in 1 GCD and lets you FS into SS to refresh the buff back to maximum duration with max stacks before SR falls off you get to reap the maxium benefits of this talent.

I do wonder thou how a SR max stacks then Apoc would turn out vs SR+Apoc to get stacks, because of the 8 ghouls summoned having the 21% haste especially when you have the Armies of the Dammed trait.

Oh yeah SR+Apoc is great, caps your stacks in 1 GCD and lets you FS into SS to refresh the buff back to maximum duration with max stacks before SR falls off you get to reap the maxium benefits of this talent.

I do wonder thou how a SR max stacks then Apoc would turn out vs SR+Apoc to get stacks, because of the 8 ghouls summoned having the 21% haste especially when you have the Armies of the Dammed trait.
    Time for some beta testing tonight!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Wait the ghouls snapshot haste?

I might be wrong, but aint the trinket procs, haste buff etc dynamic for pets and dots now? In that case it would not matter and it would be the better chose to use Apoc to proc SR buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Wait the ghouls snapshot haste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xragul View Post
    I might be wrong, but aint the trinket procs, haste buff etc dynamic for pets and dots now? In that case it would not matter and it would be the better chose to use Apoc to proc SR buffs
    Last we heard its all dynamic, but even when its dynamic it still takes some time for the pets to get updated. Before 7.0 when we could see pet stats on their own tab, when you equipped or got a proc it would take 3-5 seconds for the stats to update. It's something that is worth testing thou, and see what happens.

@Gemini-soul Forgot to tell you, we tested CS and found it has 150% AP on live. You said there was a thread that claimed 175% at 110? Can you link me that thread so I can find out what testing that person has to share with me?
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    That works later on in a fight, but what about the pull? Would you delay the first Apocalypse by doing SS and FS? Procs and pre-pot may not be up for the Apocalypse duration if you delay it too long, and delaying it may mean one less Apocalypse near the end of the fight. On the pull with 7 wounds would FS into Apocalypse be best? There will also be pulls where you FS three times, and still only get 6-7 stacks, which would lead to delaying the first Apocalypse by a lot if you want to do a 4th FS.

That works later on in a fight, but what about the pull? Would you delay the first Apocalypse by doing SS and FS? Procs and pre-pot may not be up for the Apocalypse duration if you delay it too long, and delaying it may mean one less Apocalypse near the end of the fight. On the pull with 7 wounds would FS into Apocalypse be best? There will also be pulls where you FS three times, and still only get 6-7 stacks, which would lead to delaying the first Apocalypse by a lot if you want to do a 4th FS.
    On the pull you want to FSx3 which should give you 8 wounds almost all of the time, if not you DC and FS again to hit 8 then Apoc. You always want to Apoc with 8 wounds and never less. Potions are changed and don't give primary stat this time and as for procs you will get off FSx4 and Apoc before they fall off. There is so much damage tied up to the army ghouls thru the Artifact that you want to use it with as many stacks as you can all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Gemini-soul Forgot to tell you, we tested CS and found it has 150% AP on live. You said there was a thread that claimed 175% at 110? Can you link me that thread so I can find out what testing that person has to share with me?
    In the CS nerf on first page it was said to be that http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41649318

But i just went on Beta and checked too and it looks like it is 150% still 8/

@Rothulean1 yeah - it's 150 in game on the live servers.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion