Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    One of the things I agree with exiting the EU over, was the fact turkey is trying to get into it. Don't want to be associated with it thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, not having sex with someone not of age yet.
    And how does that translate in legal terminologies?

Wasn't this a case of ignorant people misunderstanding written laws and changes made to said laws...? The problem that the Turkish court had, was that they couldn't take age differences and circumstances into consideration. A 16-year old having consentual sex with his 14-year old girlfriend, would have to be handed the same ruling as say if a 30-year old raped a 4-year old.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wasn't this a case of ignorant people misunderstanding written laws and changes made to said laws...?
    A case of poor translation in one newspaper, and pisspoor journalism by media across the world who all took it from a single outside source without doing any of their own research.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    May90 advocating for pedophilia. I've seen worse on Gen-OT
    Pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    In fact, it almost seems like an ad hominem attack used to silence differing opinions (almost like the words 'racist' 'sexist' 'misogynist' and 'Islamophobic').
    That and ignorance on what the word actually means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Pretty sure that word doesn't mean what you think it does.

That and ignorance on what the word actually means.
    In legal terms it means what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wasn't this a case of ignorant people misunderstanding written laws and changes made to said laws...? The problem that the Turkish court had, was that they couldn't take age differences and circumstances into consideration. A 16-year old having consentual sex with his 14-year old girlfriend, would have to be handed the same ruling as say if a 30-year old raped a 4-year old.
    You are right! This thread is actually hilarious! So many people being outraged, at the same time being so completly wrong about the whole issue! So much ignorance and stupidity ... it sometimes really hurts reading this forum!
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2016-08-18 at 03:39 PM.
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Pedophilia - sexual attraction (by late adolescence/adults) towards pre-adolescent children.

Also, none of the people here believe that adults should have relations with children. We're for lowering the age of consent because we don't want the 16 year old male who's dating/in a sexual relationship with the 14 year old girl arrested.

Deleted
    Pedophilia - sexual attraction (by late adolescence/adults) towards pre-adolescent children.

Also, none of the people here believe that adults should have relations with children. We're for lowering the age of consent because we don't want the 16 year old male who's dating/in a sexual relationship with the 14 year old girl arrested.
    You don't need to lower anything for that. You need to add "transation" years.
    In legal terminology it's usually referred to cases concerning kids under age of consent.

Nowhere in the US is that an issue. Age of consent/statutory rape only applies when there is an adult.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    And when my response, and the person/people I'm responding to, is in a legal context, your point may actually have a touch of merit. The definition of "pedophilia" specifically refers to an attraction to prepubescent children, regardless of how ignorant legal institutions "use" it. Posters calling someone a "pedophile" for supporting lowered consent ages is, at best, blatant stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Nowhere in the US is that an issue. Age of consent/statutory rape only applies when there is an adult.
    While it's true that most states have some variation of a "Romeo" clause, usually with a 3-year variance, there have been cases of one or both being charged with some variation of a "child sex" crime, especially when it involved them sharing "pics".
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-08-18 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yes, like if the age of consent in the state is 17, and the people dating are 14 and 16, then they can have sex for a year, then they can't have sex for 2 years, then they can have sex again.

I can't imagine a system of values in which this is seen as fair...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Ok so I decided to do a little research on this issue and found this.

Essentially the article linked by the OP is rubbish. It sensationalist crap meant to grab attention, and as a result most people who read it come away with a distorted opinion of the actual facts.

This is probably a better summary of the situation:

This whole "Turkey allows sex with children under 15" is a strawman. Turkey does not allow that. But some people are concerned (maybe rightfully so) that a legal loophole has opened up which might allow some child rapists to escape justice.

But hey, who am I to allow a few facts to interfere with a furious argument.....
    Hey, thanks for sharing the article, Raelbo. Thanks for throwing some light on the issue, you sure are a lightbringer

A rational argument is much better than a furious one, so I know what you mean.

My anger doesn't stem from this issue alone. It's a result of things I've been witnessing since a while. We are living in a mad, mad world and to think of the direction in which we are headed scares me. All I can do is, vent out when I'm angry and at other times pray/hope that things don't get from bad to worse.

Is turkey a moderate Islamic country?. If this is considered moderate, what is considered radical?

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Outrage as Turkish court ruling 'lowers age of consent to 12' | World | News | Daily Express

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...age-of-consent
    It's like they don't even know what the word consent means. By definition a minor cannot consent.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should a 14 year old be in a sexual relationship? You do realize that children do not have the power to make these sorts of decisions. This isn't an "it's my body it's my choice" thing. They legally have no rights, their parents do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Various countries scoff at the age of consent being 18 in the US
    Someone should let them know that it's not.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I forget what our common values are?. Please remind me of the common values of turkey and the usa?. Obama just said it was against our values as americans to have religious litmus test to enter our sanctuary called The USA. Name one value we share with turkey?.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    It's like they don't even know what the word consent means. By definition a minor cannot consent.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should a 14 year old be in a sexual relationship? You do realize that children do not have the power to make these sorts of decisions. This isn't an "it's my body it's my choice" thing. They legally have no rights, their parents do.
    Well minors have full human rights (so they do have rights) but they don't have full citizen rights, so the constitution doesn't neccessarily/fully apply to them.

But what drastically seperates a 14 year old from a 15 year old and a 16 year old. And for most states, the age of consent is 16. And what about a 16 year old in a sexual relationship with an 18 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Not sure why there is so much outrage over it, there are other countries with a low age of consent too.
    Because they want in the EU and have been trying to show themselves as a rational country in the vein of other European nations.

Deleted
    Well minors have full human rights (so they do have rights) but they don't have full citizen rights, so the constitution doesn't neccessarily/fully apply to them.

But what drastically seperates a 14 year old from a 15 year old and a 16 year old. And for most states, the age of consent is 16. And what about a 16 year old in a sexual relationship with an 18 year old?
    There is a major difference between 16 and 18. Even 14-15-16 means a lot.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Explains why people from that part of the world are so prone to rape.