Thread: GG (Not) EZ?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

GG (Not) EZ?

New chat filter on PTR to deal with smug endgame taunts like "GG EZ". Not sure if this will make it to live, but it'll be quite hilarious if it does.
    Credit to CaptianJeepy on the Overwatch subreddit for finding this.
    Last edited by Demoncrash; 2016-08-18 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, I'd heard they were filtering it, but that's so much better than I'd expected.

It's one thing to thank your teammates for what felt like an easy win, through good teamwork, it's another to mock your opponents.

It just means people will be more annoying about it probably.

G
    G
    E
    Z

GG
    EZ

G G E Z

Depends on how many variations they try to cover. Right now I think it's just gg ez, so you could just say ez.

People who say GG EZ almost always say it and seem to have no clue what EZ means, they seem to use it when ever they win but the battle was not actually Easy. They seem to always use it when the game goes through every single control point on Gilbralter, clawing at each control point att he last second to take it and finally getting to the last control point and losing in overtime because the enemy team used 3 ults at the same time causing the payload to stall 6 inches from winning, "gg ez" and you are like, "ez? What the? D you even know what that means?"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People who say GG EZ almost always say it and seem to have no clue what EZ means, they seem to use it when ever they win but the battle was not actually Easy. They seem to always use it when the game goes through every single control point on Gilbralter, clawing at each control point att he last second to take it and finally getting to the last control point and losing in overtime because the enemy team used 3 ults at the same time causing the payload to stall 6 inches from winning, "gg ez" and you are like, "ez? What the? D you even know what that means?"
    You should ask them, if they know what it means xD

Deleted
    No one says gg ez because the game was easy, they say it to badmouth the enemy team, you're on the internet son.

Yup, they just want to incite a reaction. That's what they feed off of.

EZ is usually used after a hard win deliberately, just to make victory much sweeter :P

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have done this without telling anyone, and made it so the person who typed it still sees the message they typed.

Had the enemy team "gg ez" me and my friends a couple of nights ago. So we thumped them in the next game and said it back. *shrugs*
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    EZ is usually used after a hard win deliberately, just to make victory much sweeter :P
    Because winning isn't enough, you have to win and be an asshole about it!

I'm quite fine with Blizzard filtering it, though I think a good alternative would be to restrict chat to team chat. They've done it for HotS, and I can safely say I've never had any issues with poor sportsmanship from any opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If people really get butthurt over gg ez then I think they need their head looked at. Does this really warrant some stupid chat-auto-correcter?

Seems more like a joke than something they actually think will stop people from being dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    If people really get butthurt over gg ez then I think they need their head looked at. Does this really warrant some stupid chat-auto-correcter?
    I just mute people who say it, be they on my team or the enemy team.
    But what's wrong with this? It's somewhat fun (At least the first 3½ times), and does no harm

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    It probably will make it live. I hate people saying 'GG EZ' but at the same time, I think filtering it is kinda pathetic. I would rather they punished toxic players than just banning phrases. People will just use another term to represent the same meaning...I guess it's nice they are at least doing something however. Ironically, Mccree says EZ all the time :P

I didn't actually see the part about it replacing what you say. But again people will find a way to be toxic!
    Awwww look at you, using the buzzword "toxic" twice in one comment

And you feel that people asserting their superiority within the game over you should be punishable? What kind of fantasy land do you live in?

You sound like the type of dude that thought Bernie was a stand up guy lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Awwww look at you, using the buzzword "toxic" twice in one comment

And you feel that people asserting their superiority within the game over you should be punishable? What kind of fantasy land do you live in?

You sound like the type of dude that thought Bernie was a stand up guy lol
    Asserting your superiority within a game is winning the game, being a douchebag because you want to stroke your e-peen is just being a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

It's going to get old pretty quickly. At least trash talk gives you an idea of who to avoid and it can be fairly amusing at times. Players will just find a way to work around the filter or just spam the chat on purpose with these new messages until people get tired of them. Plus it could accidentally censor the occasional genuine message depending on what filters are used.

Chances are people will also just develop new terms to get around the filter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I just mute people who say it, be they on my team or the enemy team.
    But what's wrong with this? It's somewhat fun (At least the first 3½ times), and does no harm
    I report anyone who says anything remotely rude for harrassment. If its anything like Blizzards other games its all automated so eventually they'll get a suspension for 24 hours or w/e. Easier than replying
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I report anyone who says anything remotely rude for harrassment. If its anything like Blizzards other games its all automated so eventually they'll get a suspension for 24 hours or w/e. Easier than replying
    But it's not harassment though.. It's just slightly toxic behaviour. I want there to be a toxic option when reporting people, then I'd do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But it's not harassment though.. It's just slightly toxic behaviour. I want there to be a toxic option when reporting people, then I'd do it
    I know it isn't. Like I said though, Blizzards report functions are automated. They aren't going to check if it is harrassment or not and why should I care if some little 12(22,32 etc.) year old gloater gets a suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.