Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do demons and Sargeras need to be summoned in order to invade Azeroth ?

Hey guys, so I just finished reading Chronicles and that question popped in my head. Demons are not locked in the twisting nether, especially since Sargeras destroyed Mardum.
    Can't they just travel to our world by themselves ?
    Is it because they don't know Azeroth's location ?
    Is it because Azeroth is really really far away in a corner of the universe ?

7+ Year Old Account
    sargeras is like on the other side of the universe.
    now think, what is faster, getting teleported there or having to spend a couple of million years walking from point A in the universe to point B?

Formerly known as Arafal

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    sargeras is like on the other side of the universe.
    now think, what is faster, getting teleported there or having to spend a couple of million years walking from point A in the universe to point B?
    Although possibly true, that's not the correct answer. Sargeras and the legion don't know how to get to Azeroth. They spent forever trying to find it after it was brought to their attention. A portal was opened to them during and they where held back. it's why we haven't seen them since the last attack.

the twisting nether is not physical space. There is no up, down, all around. you do not "move" in a direction from planet to planet. you use portals, summoning or warp between realms and planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxwell View Post
    Hey guys, so I just finished reading Chronicles and that question popped in my head. Demons are not locked in the twisting nether, especially since Sargeras destroyed Mardum.
    Can't they just travel to our world by themselves ?
    Is it because they don't know Azeroth's location ?
    Is it because Azeroth is really really far away in a corner of the universe ?
    1. The twisting nether is to big to fly around in space ships looking for planets (especially when you could find any one of many different azeroths from different timelines out there)
    2. if you have to move an endless army, what better way to do it than instantly through a big portal
    3.Titan's magic prevents people from just teleporting in whenever, you need someone to open the way
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    At the point when Azeroth was discovered all those years ago in War of the Ancients, Sargeras likely deployed the nearest space fleet having it set a course for Azeroth. Meanwhile he set about finding a way to be ported there. That fleet from tens of thousands of years ago just arrived?

Alternatively the portal created in the Tomb is so massive that space ships can actually pass through
    That's what most probable. The audio drama mentioned how never before the Legion had such a straight, clear path to Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

OP, it's the same reason you see people sitting in Stormwind asking for a port to Darnassus for 15 minutes when the boat runs there every 3 minutes... people will wait for a port instead of hoofing it themselves... Demons are no different.

Deleted
    He is simply to far. Would take thousands of years to reach us.

I think your mistaking the ships that are raining greenfire down us as *space* ships. They're likely only short-range drop ships that uses portals for spreading demons across a planet faster setup from broken isles to wherever they're invading on the planet at the time.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..we know demons need to be summoned (warlocks summoning them for example). But at the same time they are now all over Azeroth in space ships?
    The "space ships" are actually called dimensional ship (might or might not be similar to Exodar). We didn't see them flying in Azeroth from space at Broken Shore, just suddenly ported / materialized in. It's very possible that they also just came from the portal, or was using the portal as some kind of landmarks to come here from the Nether.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The "space ships" are actually called dimensional ship (might or might not be similar to Exodar). We didn't see them flying in Azeroth from space at Broken Shore, just suddenly ported / materialized in. It's very possible that they also just came from the portal, or was using the portal as some kind of landmarks to come here from the Nether.
    Yeah that portal seems to be even bigger than the one opened with the well of eternity, for whatever reason. So now they can actually field a large army without having to rely on unreliable tools like the scourge.

Deleted
    Because they don't have FTL spaceships.

Also, remember that warlock portals (chaos based magic) only work when a warlock is at the target place. Only mages (using arcane---order---based magic) can open portals to remote destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..we know demons need to be summoned (warlocks summoning them for example). But at the same time they are now all over Azeroth in space ships?
    and you know those are spaceships because?

From what i can get those are the equivalent of scourge citadels, alliance airships and horde balloon ships, the only true spaceship confirmed in lore is tempest keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    Although possibly true, that's not the correct answer. Sargeras and the legion don't know how to get to Azeroth. They spent forever trying to find it after it was brought to their attention. A portal was opened to them during and they where held back. it's why we haven't seen them since the last attack.
    Unbeknownst to greater night elf society, the Highborne had begun communing with Sargeras. The fallen titan hoped to use the sorcerers and their great magic to expedite the Legion's journey to Azeroth. Without a suitable gateway, he knew that traveling to the world would take ages.
    --Chronicle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    OP, it's the same reason you see people sitting in Stormwind asking for a port to Darnassus for 15 minutes when the boat runs there every 3 minutes... people will wait for a port instead of hoofing it themselves... Demons are no different.
    Those damned lazy portal beggars are probably demons in disguise. Death to them all!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the ships physically fly through the portal, more like they warp through it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe the reason is that even though Sargeras and the Legion know Azeroth's exact location within the Great Dark Beyond, it's so far away that to physically travel there would take eons. Therefore, they attempt to get there through portals and summoning because it's far more direct. In terms of the initial invasion of Azeroth in the War of the Ancients, he could have taken thousands upon thousands of years to reach Azeroth directly, or he could try to have Azshara and her elves open a portal big enough for him to simply step through.

The Portal acts like a Protoss Pylon. They can appear anywhere within range. Thats why there are tons of Demon structures (and ships) just showing up every where on the Broken Isle

The "spaceships" act like Warp Prisms. Thats why when the invasions start, the ship is first and then demons/structures start showing up after

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah that portal seems to be even bigger than the one opened with the well of eternity, for whatever reason. So now they can actually field a large army without having to rely on unreliable tools like the scourge.
    There are also multiple portals this time as the horde Scenario showed. This is a pretty intense invasion. Seems like before there was a single small portal only open for a short time compared to this and it looks like the legion isn't doing any under estimating.