I keep going back to Elemental

Aaah and I dont know why except that I really like the gameplay.

I had many choices in legion, I could be Mage, I could be Boomkin, I could be several things. But the Elemental is just too fun. On sustain aoe and single target. Movement is a pain.

Damn, what to do? I really dont want to struggle doing dps because the class isnt at top tier.

Deleted
    I wanted to roll to elemental regardless how ''shit'' it is to some people, but it just pains me when elemental shamans cannot deal any dmg on movement.

Ps. Bring back Spiritwalker's grace

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Aaah and I dont know why except that I really like the gameplay.

I had many choices in legion, I could be Mage, I could be Boomkin, I could be several things. But the Elemental is just too fun. On sustain aoe and single target. Movement is a pain.

Damn, what to do? I really dont want to struggle doing dps because the class isnt at top tier.
    Have you played elemental shaman at the highest level in the Legion Beta? Because, I am of the opinion that elemental shaman DPS is actually quite good in Legion. They won't beat a Mage, but I would still rank them in the mid-top tier, definitely for ranged dps. A lot of people have been complaining on this forum, but it is all misinformation. The only plausible point brought up is that people are unsure of the scaling of elemental shaman in high end Legion content. However, that is based on a minimal understanding of the talent tree, artifact tree, gear, and spell rotation in Legion. We won't know exactly how it will play out until Legion launches. That being said, based on what I've read, elemental shaman is nowhere near bottom tier. There are many classes/specs that are having legitimate issues atm that ruins their DPS.

TL;DR: Don't worry about all the complaints. I feel like they are largely unfounded. If you enjoy the class, then play it. Worst case, Blizzard will buff elemental shaman if something does go wrong in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    I wanted to roll to elemental regardless how ''shit'' it is to some people, but it just pains me when elemental shamans cannot deal any dmg on movement.

people really need to get over this. Oh noez I can't pew pew while I'm moving 4 feet.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Don't forget you have Gust of Wind and Ghost Wolf. For damaging on the move there's Ice Fury, Lava Surge and shocks. Yeah it's not as great as those Fire Mages but nothing ever is! As you gear and get more haste you'll be getting more Lava Surge procs at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    people really need to get over this. Oh noez I can't pew pew while I'm moving 4 feet.
    This is actually a significant issue for high end progress. It's not just a pet peeve.
    That being said, it can be easily remedied with sufficient tuning of Icefury.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    No, why? It'd be easier to "get over this" if Mages didnt have blink-while-casting & ice floes on each spec on top of Scorch for fire and a reverse-blink for arcane.

Deleted
    Spam flame shock and spam lava surge like a mage spams pyros

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Spam flame shock and spam lava surge like a mage spams pyros
    Two vastly different mechanics. Fire mages have more Pyro procs than we have Lava Surges, since they've full control over this "proc".

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends, do you want to have fun? Or do you want to be top tier till the next class balancing patch comes out?

Spoilers: go with fun, numbers change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

My only petpeve is the 5min Elemental, should be 3min with shorter duration

Deleted
    I might be playing it wrong; but isn't elemental almost exactly like it was in WoD?

Maybe it's the familiarity with it that keeps you with the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I might be playing it wrong; but isn't elemental almost exactly like it was in WoD?

Maybe it's the familiarity with it that keeps you with the class.
    The big change is that Flame shock doesn't have a cooldown anymore, but uses some maelstrom to increase its duration, so because of that multidotting is now a thing for Elemental, as well as easier targetswitching, in my (admittedly not high-end raiding) experience, some of the more clunky situations are now gone.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Why I went enhancement due to having to sit there like a stunned mullet and pew pew away.. Where at least with enhancement you can do damage while moving..

Play elemental. It's a fun spec.

Healing surges with artifact heal about 15% of your health.

Movement is not the best, neither the worst. With gust of wind and wolf you can position fast enough if you know the fight.

Icefury allows you to deal damage while moving. Ice Shocks actually deal a TON of damage.

Also, for every Lava Burst, your Elemental Pet CD is reduced 2 sec, which helps too, since it does good damage.

Deleted
    Thanks for cheering up ^^

I find both specs fun, and would level as Enha because I dont enjoy kiting with ele, also multiple mobs for Ele is meh and with Enha I can cleave.
    But for raids I would love to play Ele if its viable, and I would also like possibility to switch to Enha on movement heavy fights, or for fights where Enha will be needed (aoe bursts, prio targets? will see..).

Im not sure what to run for mythic+, from what I heard Enha is better here, due to mobility and some ramp up time for AoE as Ele.

Do you think it will be possible to maintain both Ele and Enha specs from gear/artifact point?
    Or will I have to choose between them? I dont want to loose much by maintaining them both. And then, there is also Resto

There was a warlock spec I used to play that was dreadful on movement. Think it was demo in Cata days (could be completely wrong there). I'll tell you what, did wonders for my skill level. It's quite refreshing actually having to plan movement properly.

But yea, SWG would be nice to have back at least. You never know, they might do!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    They have changed quite a bit.

Death of elemental AoE dmg did it for me, don't think I'll even bother leveling my shaman to 110.