Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah that portal seems to be even bigger than the one opened with the well of eternity, for whatever reason. So now they can actually field a large army without having to rely on unreliable tools like the scourge.
    It may not be bigger. Just that the Legion is putting more effort in this time. After being beaten back a few times of course they are going to pull out all the stops.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    The Portal acts like a Protoss Pylon. They can appear anywhere within range. Thats why there are tons of Demon structures (and ships) just showing up every where on the Broken Isle

The "spaceships" act like Warp Prisms. Thats why when the invasions start, the ship is first and then demons/structures start showing up after
    yup that is how i think work and probably the mass, numbers and power of demon/ship the portal can warp isn't strictly linked to how big it is but to source of power attached to it, if i'm not wrong this portal is powered up by that relic called the eye of amathul.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    It may not be bigger. Just that the Legion is putting more effort in this time. After being beaten back a few times of course they are going to pull out all the stops.
    Except the audio drama pointed out that indeed, never the Legion had such a clear and straight path to Azeroth. That's what different this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    sargeras is like on the other side of the universe.
    now think, what is faster, getting teleported there or having to spend a couple of million years walking from point A in the universe to point B?
    Is this true? source?
    I always thought they just made it vague on purpose, we just realy have no clue were he is besides *the twisting nether* I don't remember hearing the reason why they just don't invade. People like to make things up a lot on these theories.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Is this true? source?
    I always thought they just made it vague on purpose, we just realy have no clue were he is besides *the twisting nether* I don't remember hearing the reason why they just don't invade. People like to make things up a lot on these theories.
    Page 29 of Chronicle states that Azeroth was in "an isolated corner of the Great Dark." Page 98 states that after Sargeras discovered Azeroth's location, he had to "find a way to reach Azeroth," and that "Without a suitable gateway, he knew that traveling to the world would take ages."

Granted, "ages" is a vague measure of time. But considering how the Legion's invasions and presences on Azeroth were all conducted via summoning portals, including the current one in Legion, one can surmise that "ages" was far, far longer than Sargeras wanted to spend on the journey.
    Last edited by Mjolnir84; 2016-08-18 at 09:23 PM.

To answer your question with a question.

Why do you use the elevator and not the stairs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxwell View Post
    Hey guys, so I just finished reading Chronicles and that question popped in my head. Demons are not locked in the twisting nether, especially since Sargeras destroyed Mardum.
    Can't they just travel to our world by themselves ?
    Is it because they don't know Azeroth's location ?
    Is it because Azeroth is really really far away in a corner of the universe ?
    The last part.
    Sargeras is desperate to get to Azeroth and destroy it before it get's corrupted by the Old Gods/Void Lords, but he was to travel there by himself, by the time he got there, millions of years could have passed, and then it might be too late.
    In his mind, it'll be totally corrupt, but for us, it might have awakened, and is able to take out Sargeras and the Void Lords.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir84 View Post
    Page 29 of Chronicle states that Azeroth was in "an isolated corner of the Great Dark." Page 98 states that after Sargeras discovered Azeroth's location, he had to "find a way to reach Azeroth," and that "Without a suitable gateway, he knew that traveling to the world would take ages."

Granted, "ages" is a vague measure of time. But considering how the Legion's invasions and presences on Azeroth were all conducted via summoning portals, including the current one in Legion, one can surmise that "ages" was far, far longer than Sargeras wanted to spend on the journey.
    Alright still somewhat vague but I wasn't aware of this so thanks!

I believe the reason is that even though Sargeras and the Legion know Azeroth's exact location within the Great Dark Beyond, it's so far away that to physically travel there would take eons. Therefore, they attempt to get there through portals and summoning because it's far more direct. In terms of the initial invasion of Azeroth in the War of the Ancients, he could have taken thousands upon thousands of years to reach Azeroth directly, or he could try to have Azshara and her elves open a portal big enough for him to simply step through.
    I'm not sure they know the exact location. It was written that Titans didn't tell him that location before they were defeated.

Also, remember that after sufficient time, Azeroth will awaken as a Titan, and Sargeras has to be faster than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I'm not sure they know the exact location. It was written that Titans didn't tell him that location before they were defeated.

Also, remember that after sufficient time, Azeroth will awaken as a Titan, and Sargeras has to be faster than that.
    Aye, there's nothing that suggests that the Pantheon told Sargeras Azeroth's location. However it's implied that due to the Night Elves' meddling with the Well of Eternity, it created a beacon across the Twisting Nether and the Great Dark Beyond, basically highlighting its location.

"Their reckless experiments sent torrents of magic crashing through the Twisting Nether. Like moths to the flame, the Nether's demonic inhabitants were drawn toward the irresistible source of power."

"At long last, Sargeras had discovered the location of Azeroth. The fabled world-soul. Withoutdelay, he gathered all of his rage, all of his terrible demonic legions, and turned his baleful gaze upon the distant world. All that remained was for Sargeras to find a way to reach Azeroth."

This heavily implies that after the Night Elves' use of the Well, he knew exactly where Azeroth was, but didn't have a reasonable way to get there.

It was 10,000 years between the War of the Ancients and the 1st War. So, it took the Burning Legion 10,000 years to find a planet suitable for use as a waypoint to Azeroth. (An over-simplification, but puts "ages" a little into perspective.)

Similarly it took that same amount of time for the Legion to find Azeroth again in order for Sargeras's 2nd attempt to touch Azeroth, which was when he fought Aegwyn and, subsequently, corrupted Medivh.

So, it took 10,000 years for the Legion to find Azeroth again, and begin its second invasion. After Aegwyn proved too powerful for a direct invasion, they used Draenor as a waypoint, and the orcs for an invasion party (destroy two worlds with one portal). Since the First War, the Legion has been trying to gain a strong enough foothold for a direct invasion, since the orcs, effectively, failed.

Sargeras is probably unwilling to physically travel to Azeroth because who knows when the titan that is Azeroth (Elune?) will awaken, and he wants to get to it ASAPly.

Also, on the one hand, I love the airship things the Legion is using (and hell, the legion probably -does- have larger dimensional ships - they enslaved most of the Eredar, who made Tempest Keep. For all we know, they might have entire fleets of them), and it really makes me wonder...what the hell do we have that can counter these? I know we have a few zeppelins and airships (though most of them seem to be in ruins at the moment), some copters and small fighters/bombers, but I really don't see any of those being able to take down one of these ships. For one, they seem to be flying at a much higher altitude than we typically see our own air vehicles being able to fly, not to mention they seem to have some kind of rip field (ok, it snot visible, but I was curious and tried to fly up and land on one to get a closer look, and instantly died when I got close to it on several occasions) around them. Its kind of neat (and frightening/eye-opening) to see how technologically inferior we are in the face of the Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a confirmation that those things actually flew all tge way to Azeroth ? Because the way I see it it seems more probable that they summoned the Mo'arg and Ga'narg engineers, along with the neccesary parts/resources to quickly assemble and build Legion machinery. Alliance and Horde attack the broken shore in the early days of the invasion, but traveling back and fourth for them may take a while in lore. Seeing that after broken shore legion had a little bit of a breathing room it wouldnt be too far fetched if their engineers managed to quickly assemble the ships to be used as flying portals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    It was 10,000 years between the War of the Ancients and the 1st War. So, it took the Burning Legion 10,000 years to find a planet suitable for use as a waypoint to Azeroth. (An over-simplification, but puts "ages" a little into perspective.)

Similarly it took that same amount of time for the Legion to find Azeroth again in order for Sargeras's 2nd attempt to touch Azeroth, which was when he fought Aegwyn and, subsequently, corrupted Medivh.

So, it took 10,000 years for the Legion to find Azeroth again, and begin its second invasion. After Aegwyn proved too powerful for a direct invasion, they used Draenor as a waypoint, and the orcs for an invasion party (destroy two worlds with one portal). Since the First War, the Legion has been trying to gain a strong enough foothold for a direct invasion, since the orcs, effectively, failed.
    Once the Legion led their failed invasion during the War of the Ancients, they forever knew its location. They never needed to "find Azeroth again." Keep in mind that even after the Well of Eternity imploded, there were still pockets of Legion demons that remained on Azeroth.

They weren't using any planet in particular as a waypoint, they were using Azshara and the Highborne's summoning as a gateway to go there directly instead of traveling through the Nether or the Beyond.

Also, it wasn't that Aegwynn proved too powerful for a direct invasion. A direct invasion was never Sargeras' intent at that point in time. They didn't even have the means to invade again. His only intent with Aegwynn was to do exactly what occurred: send his spirit into her and then possess her son.
    Last edited by Mjolnir84; 2016-08-19 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Sargeras doesn't have a body. Check the chronicle. Sargeras doesn't have a physical form. That's why they are trying to get to the tomb, thats where a phyisical body capable of having his soul placed into it is, his avatar that was killed by a Aegwynn.
    Last edited by mmoc327e1ca57c; 2016-08-19 at 02:49 AM.

Demons are from another planet and they don't have enough power to teleport to Azeroth, so with the help of some people and the demon space ships they are able to teleport to our world much easier now. They are after whats in the very core of Azeroth and what the titan is made of which is Dilithium Crystals!

I don't really think anyone here really knows the answer, but this is a fascinating debate and a good question. I guess we will find out in Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    The Portal acts like a Protoss Pylon. They can appear anywhere within range. Thats why there are tons of Demon structures (and ships) just showing up every where on the Broken Isle

The "spaceships" act like Warp Prisms. Thats why when the invasions start, the ship is first and then demons/structures start showing up after
    So, demons are SC protoss confirmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Maybe the Pantheon chose Azeroth to be the final titan because of its isolated location in the Great Dark, for this reason

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    At the point when Azeroth was discovered all those years ago in War of the Ancients, Sargeras likely deployed the nearest space fleet having it set a course for Azeroth. Meanwhile he set about finding a way to be ported there. That fleet from tens of thousands of years ago just arrived?

Alternatively the portal created in the Tomb is so massive that space ships can actually pass through
    This sounds like bad damage control for lore plotholes.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.