Thread: "Mog Shaming"

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Usually it's guys who mog those skimpy outfits.
    Lolno. If you see a 'slutmog', I give it two to one that it's a female player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    blithering nutter
    On that topic, you asked me a question and I don't think you ever clarified what exactly you meant, or why you asked.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, we're telling you that shaming people is jackass behavior. You're perfectly free to act like a jackass. We're perfectly free to point out that in our opinion shaming people is a dick move. What you seem to want is the ability to do whatever you want and not be criticized for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your inability to communicate clearly and accurately is not our problem. You used the word shame. If you meant something else, you should have used another word.
    Because the subject matter wasn't the "shaming". That was beside the point. It was to discuss peoples' feelings on the transmog itself and how they might react towards it. Instead many chose to latch on to a one-off sentence that I intentionally made a bit on the hyperbolic side just to be goofy because they're more concerned about signaling their own virtuous selves than to really read into the entirety of the post.

Not to mention, one could just ask what I meant by that if they were truly concerned and wanted to know the extent of how far I went.

So no, it is your inability not to salivate over bait that was inadvertently thrown out there. A more cautionary and sensible approach would've told you all you needed to know beforehand.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-18 at 05:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well here's your problem. You're judgemental; you even admit it, but then try to justify it with a bunch of self righteous pseudo psychoanalytics. You are not a psychoanalyst, but you pretend to know these people better than they know themselves. You have the whole thing backwards.
    You realize most of this rhetoric you're typing, could just as easily be said about you? The irony seems lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Lolno. If you see a 'slutmog', I give it two to one that it's a female player.

On that topic, you asked me a question and I don't think you ever clarified what exactly you meant, or why you asked.
    Bring it to my attention again or PM it to me. This is a 30-page thread and it's not easy to keep up with everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some opinions don't need to be expresssed, especially if they are deliberately done to insult, hurt and/or provoke people. That would be what you did, since their tranmog in no way affects your life or your gameplay.

You didn't expect an entire thread filled with replies that read - "You're free to your opinion" - did you?
    You're also pretty much doing the same thing. What effect did his post have on your life? It has no effect at all, you could have just as easily said "oh another worthless MMO post" and carried on with your day. Did you NEED to come in here and tell him his opinion was shit?

And one could argue that I pay for the ability to laugh at the individuals who dress up like street-corner hookers in that case; again, you keep trying to make me having an expressed opinion on the subject taboo in the first place. It's not that you simply don't agree with said opinion. Therein lies the problem that you fail to understand.
    So you honestly expect people to not do it for your sake even though the game allows them to? I have no problem with opinion, but you are shaming and expecting things that are unreasonable and that you can't change. Imagine somebody whispering you ingame for one of your transmogs they don't like because they find it offensive for whatever reason. Wouldn't you think that is just borderline retarded? be honest, you would.

7+ Year Old Account
    Referring to him/her shaming another person, not creating the thread.
    Way to dodge the question. The point still stands, what effect did he have on you? Why are you here giving him shit for his opinion? There's no need according to your logic, he had no effect on you of your life whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Did you NEED to come in here and tell him his opinion was shit?
    He asked. People aren't randomly coming out of the woodworks to berate him. He came onto a public forum and asked people for their opinions.

Question asked, question answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    So you honestly expect people to not do it for your sake even though the game allows them to? I have no problem with opinion, but you are shaming and expecting things that are unreasonable and that you can't change. Imagine somebody whispering you ingame for one of your transmogs they don't like because they find it offensive for whatever reason. Wouldn't you think that is just borderline retarded? be honest, you would.
    Uh, no. Not at any point have I expressed people should feel compelled to do it for me. If they take my opinion to heart and value it, then maybe yes, but that's up to each individual person and it's something we do everyday as people. We take criticism and praise and often build our existence around these things to maximize the latter and minimize the former. Depending on the individual in question, that much more weight is carried with said criticism/praise. Obviously my opinion won't have much reach beyond my immediate circle as is the case with many.

...and how can you not change a mog? I could understand if we were discussing a cripple or something but a game character's digital clothing that can in fact readily be changed? I'm a bit confused by this statement.

Now, if someone whispered me and talked trash about my mog. Told me to go to hell, etc. That I was a big pile of steaming shit. I'd laugh and thank them for their time and consideration. I'm not as easily bothered by such things. Not to mention I don't act that way in the first place. You're just ASSUMING I do.

- - - Updated - - -

He asked. People aren't randomly coming out of the woodworks to berate him. He came onto a public forum and asked people for their opinions.

Asked about how people felt concerning mogs. Not whether or not I could have an opinion on the matter in the first place.

Asked about how people felt concerning mogs. Not whether or not I could have an opinion on the matter in the first place.
    I haven't seen anyone tell you you're not allowed to have an opinion. Point it out to me if I missed it, but it's certainly not what the vast majority of people here are telling you.

I haven't seen anyone tell you you're not allowed to have an opinion. Point it out to me if I missed it, but it's certainly not what the vast majority of people here are telling you.
    Er... "Some opinions don't need to be expresssed, especially if they are deliberately done to insult, hurt and/or provoke people. That would be what you did, since their tranmog in no way affects your life or your gameplay."

And this mentality, in often much more vulgar terms was espoused all throughout the thread. That I am somehow at wrong for having developed an opinion that might offend or bother another. Which in of itself implies I should limit my expression of opinion to certain arenas or thoughts.

No.

Uh, no. Not at any point have I expressed people should feel compelled to do it for me. If they take my opinion to heart and value it, then maybe yes, but that's up to each individual person and it's something we do everyday as people. We take criticism and praise and often build our existence around these things to maximize the latter and minimize the former. Depending on the individual in question, that much more weight is carried with said criticism/praise. Obviously my opinion won't have much reach beyond my immediate circle as is the case with many.

...and how can you not change a mog? I could understand if we were discussing a cripple or something but a game character's digital clothing that can in fact readily be changed? I'm a bit confused by this statement.

Now, if someone whispered me and talked trash about my mog. Told me to go to hell, etc. That I was a big pile of steaming shit. I'd laugh and thank them for their time and consideration. I'm not as easily bothered by such things. Not to mention I don't act that way in the first place. You're just ASSUMING I do.

- - - Updated - - -

What I obviously meant was that people are generally not giving a flying fart what some random guy thinks about their transmog. Of course they could change it, but why should they? It is just some guy from the internet who bothers them for something that isn't his business. In the end the limits are what the game allows you and that's what matters.
    I actually assumed how you woudl react, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    What I obviously meant was that people are generally not giving a flying fart what some random guy thinks about their transmog. Of course they could change it, but why should they? It is just some guy from the internet who bothers them for something that isn't his business. In the end the limits are what the game allows you and that's what matters.
    I actually assumed how you woudl react, yes.
    Except I don't. In fact I probably keep to myself more in-game than most of you do. I'm not terribly social on there.

Then in the case of the FB it was a gentle nudge, not nasty nor crude. Even then I still deleted it because I didn't want to have any conflicts erupt over something that at the time was fairly innocent.

This thread, was primarily generated to discuss how people felt about mogs. Instead, many got hung up on the hyperbole I threw up at the start of it just to jack with them not realizing how out of hand it'd get.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I didn't have to reply. However, he/she opened the thread, told us what he/she did, gave us his/her opinions, and asked what we thought. I didn't seek him/her out.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not saying you can't have an opinion. That was saying that not all opinions need to be expressed.
    Yes it was and yes you are. You can't deviate now. Run with it.

but how am i gonna see my sexy DH tattoos??

What about that sexy Draenei butt?
    What will i look at when i spam Lightning bolt?

What will become of the mailbox dancers?

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    but how am i gonna see my sexy DH tattoos??

What about that sexy Draenei butt?
    What will i look at when i spam Lightning bolt?

What will become of the mailbox dancers?
    Ugh. Do we really care? I avoid Goldshire as is for a reason.

Some opinions don't need to be expresssed
    Nothing in that statement says you're not allowed to have an opinion, only that proper decorum when choosing to express your opinion is something that the majority of us learn in grade school. If you go to random strangers and insult them, people will react negatively toward you. Not because you're not allowed to have an opinion, but because that is anti-social behavior, and they don't want to put up with you.

Whether or not you're allowed to voice your opinion in the first place is down to the rules of whatever forum you choose to voice them on. Here on a public forum? It's down to the site rules and mods. Private discussion group? Down to the administrators. But wherever you share your opinions, people will react (positively or negatively) toward them.

7+ Year Old Account

You could say the same about anyone who opens themselves up to the public, like people posting slutmogs on facebook for instance. So why is it that hes wrong and you aren't? And it seems like he was asking if anyone else dislikes slutmogs basically, not "hey does anyone wanna come in and tell me I'm a piece of shit because I dont like slutmogs?"

Nothing in that statement says you're not allowed to have an opinion, only that proper decorum when choosing to express your opinion is something that the majority of us learn in grade school. If you go to random strangers and insult them, people will react negatively toward you. Not because you're not allowed to have an opinion, but because that is anti-social behavior, and they don't want to put up with you.

Whether or not you're allowed to voice your opinion in the first place is down to the rules of whatever forum you choose to voice them on. Here on a public forum? It's down to the site rules and mods. Private discussion group? Down to the administrators. But wherever you share your opinions, people will react (positively or negatively) toward them.
    Sorry but it does. I won't accept otherwise at this point, you're wasting your effort. You don't get people treating you like shit(far worse than I've treated anyone as of recent hilariously enough), page after page of it, because they simply think maybe you didn't need to express said opinion in the manner that you did while not even truly knowing the extent of said expression in the first place. No, that vindictive mentality only comes about when they think you didn't have a right to expression from the get-go because said opinion was disagreeable to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    You could say the same about anyone who opens themselves up to the public, like people posting slutmogs on facebook for instance. So why is it that hes wrong and you aren't? And it seems like he was asking if anyone else dislikes slutmogs basically, not "hey does anyone wanna come in and tell me I'm a piece of shit because I dont like slutmogs?"
    ...and there you have it. It's really that simple. Ironically, I didn't do what they presumed I did but they were more than happy to torch my ass.

Ugh. Do we really care? I avoid Goldshire as is for a reason.
    lol

but we get tattoos... TATTOOS. I must see this new and awesome thing blizzard has given us.
    but those dirty armor sets always cover it up

/pouts

I won't accept otherwise at this point
    You can accept whatever tickles your pickle. Don't make no difference to me.