Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Blizzard is being far too kind letting players level with ease while afking, and they know it. I doubt very seriously that they are going to further inflate possible xp gains.
    Right, cause the leveling experience is SO important to the game that Blizzard doesn't want anything to interfere with it... oh except for the instant boosts.

If you are going to make an argument against good XP gain at least THINK before you type.

game breaking? i can fly to a zone an invasion is happening, do nothing and receive a huge lump of experience + shards and items.

the invasions are a bit of fun before legion launches, a couple level 20s one-shotting the demons is hardly game breaking. in fact it is the kind of silly shenanigans that pre-patches are all about! -- if people were taking this buff into mythic hfc and one-shotting archimonde.. that'd be another story.

Blizzard is being far too kind letting players level with ease while afking, and they know it. I doubt very seriously that they are going to further inflate possible xp gains.
    Blizzard hasn't seemed to figure out WHAT they want with this event. It went from little to no exp to amazing exp gains (where the afking was really bad) then hotfixed to like less than half exp but some exp can be awarded with mob killing. Which would be fine IF you didn't get murdered when soloing something and some random person runs up and hits the mob just a single time and it ruins your exp.

I'm okay with getting lesser exp if people hit the mob but if I do 90% of the work on a mob and someone tags it at the end and I go from full exp to losing 90% of the exp on the mob or MORE that is a problem.

Lol banned, you realize they barely even ban botters, if a botter can get off with a few month suspension, you really think using a in game mechanic will get you banned? silly people, just use it until its patched, and then dont use it anymore.

invasions were completing so quick pre-hotfix. now they're slower than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KD7SVH View Post
    Right, cause the leveling experience is SO important to the game that Blizzard doesn't want anything to interfere with it... oh except for the instant boosts.

If you are going to make an argument against good XP gain at least THINK before you type.
    Wtf are you even trying to say? Do you honestly think that Blizzard failed to disable Invasion xp from phase completions by accident? No. They wanted even lowbies to go there and get xp. They also knew they would pretty much be useless and constantly ganked on PvP realms. They knew most of them would end up afking. If they were to leave that system as it is, and also allow lowbies to get massive xp from mobs that multiple people are attacking that would be far more xp than deserved, and everyone knows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said themselves that they've buffed the exp gains from killing mobs as an incentive to get people involved. It will (or should) get changed otherwise buffing the EXP in the first instance was pointless when all it takes is a fart from someone else near a mob to make it worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    They said themselves that they've buffed the exp gains from killing mobs as an incentive to get people involved. It will (or should) get changed otherwise buffing the EXP in the first instance was pointless when all it takes is a fart from someone else near a mob to make it worthless.
    Blizzard is smart enough to know that smart players will find mobs in isolated areas so they can solo mobs. Thus the buff. They do not want them getting massive xp from big groups killing tons of mobs quickly, in addition to the phase completion xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know y'all might hate me for this but it was my intention to raise awareness of the bug and get it hot fixed. I felt dirty testing this on my druid last night when I flew around and solo'd 4 bosses in a single invasion that nobody else was able to tag for exp/shards. It was getting to the point where Stage 3 was ending so fast that sub-60 players without the buff weren't able to kill many demons at all for exp.

My hope was that Blizzard would hotfix the huge tagging exp penalty too but I guess not. /sigh
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya blizzard is totally being far too kind giving playes a new way to level and letting them enjoy themselves.

#FuckFunNWoW
    Sitting afk while you get free XP is not fun, it's just easy. Stop crying cuz you actually have to put effort in to level again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Technically it could be used for some raids with demons but again I don't see anything bannable the way you get the buff is 100% legit. No system abuse whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

What part of what I said is "completely incorrect" habitual nay sayer?

Read how it works and point the exploitation. The only "exploit" is at the title of the thread really: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747194799
    Clever use of game mechanics to do things you aren't supposed to do is and can always result in a suspension or ban. It doesn't matter if it's a bug or not. But like Raiju said, so many people are using it they will just hotfix it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

It's hotfixed so that you no longer one shot every mob, but the buff still does a ridiculous percentage of your damage so it's still worth getting and using.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Sitting afk while you get free XP is not fun, it's just easy. Stop crying cuz you actually have to put effort in to level again.
    Has nothing to do about the effort. The current state of leveling is fucken boring as hell and I don't want to do it. Also incase u didn't notice you couldn't afk and use this exploit. You had to go out and tag shit.

This made lowbies useful as well. When leveling is fun ill put the effort in and do it.

Why am I not surprised ur defending blizzard...

Edit: To add I already know a decent XP farming spot but hey whatever. This just knocks off 1 mob on my list.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-18 at 07:13 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is smart enough to know that smart players will find mobs in isolated areas so they can solo mobs. Thus the buff. They do not want them getting massive xp from big groups killing tons of mobs quickly, in addition to the phase completion xp.
    You keep saying what Blizzard are doing whilst literally contradicting what Blizzard have themselves said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Has nothing to do about the effort. The current state of leveling is fucken boring as hell and I don't want to do it. Also incase u didn't notice you couldn't afk and use this exploit. You had to go out and tag shit.

This made lowbies useful as well. When leveling is fun ill put the effort in and do it.

Why am I not surprised ur defending blizzard...

Edit: To add I already know a decent XP farming spot but hey whatever. This just knocks off 1 mob on my list.
    Buy a boost if you don't wanna level. That's what they're for. Levelling is extremely easy and fast and if you put on some music it's not that bad. You really have no room to complain.

You keep saying what Blizzard are doing whilst literally contradicting what Blizzard have themselves said.
    I have contradicted nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Buy a boost if you don't wanna level. That's what they're for. Levelling is extremely easy and fast and if you put on some music it's not that bad. You really have no room to complain.
    Yes I really want to give blizzard a extra $60, Totally want to fuel there reason for all the XP nerfs over the past few months.

This nerf, the invasion xp nerf, the dungeon xp left all done so people would buy more tokens. Anyone who believes different is a idiot. I have seen this song and dance in many MMOs and the difference here and there is that those MMO's didn't charge $15 a month as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I have contradicted nothing.
    Blizzard have themselves stated they want people to actively participate and get decent EXP for their efforts. You're saying that they want "smart players" to go find some isolated corner to get good EXP, effectively making Stages 1,2 and 4 pointless as they are all centralised zergfest. So its either Blizzard don't want players to level up via invasions (despite suggesting as much) or the they do, and the current EXP distribution from tagging mobs is messed up. Because as it stands right now, it's only worth killing mobs in stage 3 if you can find somewhere on your own, which isn't easy.
    Last edited by Snorkles; 2016-08-18 at 07:34 PM.

Blizzard have themselves stated they want people to actively participate and get decent EXP for their efforts. You're saying that they want "smart players" to go find some isolated corner to get good EXP, effectively making Stages 1,2 and 4 pointless as they are all centralised zergfest. So its either Blizzard don't want players to get involved and level up via invasions (despite suggesting as much) or the they do, and the current EXP distribution from tagging mobs is messed up. Because as it stands right now, its only worth killing mobs in stage 3 if you can find somewhere on your own, which isn't easy.
    Even when in an isolated are, you are participating in Phase 3. There is also a difference in decent xp, and too much xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    People have been banned for less.
    Friend of mine got banned for account sharing, the person he shared it with just used it to Disenchant Greens