Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I at least expect him to acknowledge it? My entire life is based off questioning EVERYTHING. It is due time science can swallow their pride and join me in this journey to find out how our universe truly works, because the evidence is right in front of them. Everything in my bones says the copernican and cosmological principles are wrong, it seems so obvious to me! Why is it so hard for science to even contemplate this thought!
    Dude, science is built around the assumption that we are horribly ignorant. We do question everything; if we don't, then there is no science to do. There is a difference however between questioning how valid our assumptions are and cross-checking them constantly, and saying, "Wow, this experimental data is weird... Apparently we are all wrong and should denounce our theories!" The former is science; the latter is foolishness.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    I at least expect him to acknowledge it? My entire life is based off questioning EVERYTHING. It is due time science can swallow their pride and join me in this journey to find out how our universe truly works, because the evidence is right in front of them. Everything in my bones says the copernican and cosmological principles are wrong, it seems so obvious to me! Why is it so hard for science to even contemplate this thought!
    Steelangel does acknowledge it. Did you see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    The "axis of evil" in the CMB is a ha-ha funny name for a pattern that was noticed by some researchers who were looking at the WMAP data. The pattern seems to be there, but it is -not- aligned with the ecliptic in any meaningful sense. I'm sure this link has been posted before, but hey, why not link it again.
    http://www.geocentrismdebunked.org/t...d-geocentrism/
    The reason that it all seems so obvious to you is because you don't know shit.

Now i loved the movie Prometheus as much as the next guy but holy shit! this thread really takes the cake.

Yes in his original statement but he refuses to comment on it in regards to its actual importance when held up against the current views science holds so dear.

And can i please comment to @Bahamuth again. In no way shape or form do i wish bad on anyone in the industry, i just feel that no matter what they are up against they should feel empowered to right the wrongs and be a leader. There is a lot of corruption in this world, i would like to think i would be the guy to point out what i think is wrong rather than just satisfy the status quo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Science is the language that God chose to communicate with us. How can you say you believe in God but then argue against what he tells us through science? Boggles my fucking mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't even get excited from unveiling of a planet that doesn't even matter to us in our current time.

Deleted
    Yes in his original statement but he refuses to comment on it in regards to its actual importance when held up against the current views science holds so dear.
    Science doesn't hold any view 'so dear'.

And can i please comment to @Bahamuth again. In no way shape or form do i wish bad on anyone in the industry, i just feel that no matter what they are up against they should feel empowered to right the wrongs and be a leader. There is a lot of corruption in this world, i would like to think i would be the guy to point out what i think is wrong rather than just satisfy the status quo.
    Well, you have nothing to worry about. If anything, physicists tend to like finding lots of very radical theoretical solutions to experimental problems. We had a situation recently where both experiments in the LHC were reporting on a potential new particle. For a while, lots and lots of papers were published with exotic theory that could incorporate this particle. As it turns out, it was just a statistical fluctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Since when are moons of Jupiter a proof of "only life in cosmos in on earth" ?
    I think hes suggesting we should send scientists to Jupiter's moons to die because they are heretics or something
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Again, not proof the earth moves. Misunderstandings of relativity are more and more common in this thread it seems, and i am a high school drop out with a GED heh. Are you incapable of imagining a universe rotating around a fixed earth? Take your hand out in front of your face and rotate it as if you were grabbing a bowling bal,l that is the universe and the center of mass is where the earth is located....this is what relativity allows.
    How not?
    "For a geosynchronous satellite to exist, it must orbit something that moves. This is what the term means. Earth has geosynchronous satellites, therefore earth must move or they are not geosynchronous satellites."
    "This is not proof."

You keep responding to things I'm not saying and not giving a simple "Yes" or "No" to the question of whether or not you deny geosynchronous satellites exist around earth. That's all I'm asking. Yes or no.
    Whatever universes I am or am not capable of imagining is irrelevant. My understanding of relativity is irrelevant. For a satellite to have a geosynchronous orbit, the object it is orbiting must have sidereal rotation. That's it. Simple. That's the definition of "geosynchronous".

So, do you believe that earth has geosynchronous satellites, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
    Science doesn't hold any view 'so dear'.

Well, you have nothing to worry about. If anything, physicists tend to like finding lots of very radical theoretical solutions to experimental problems. We had a situation recently where both experiments in the LHC were reporting on a potential new particle. For a while, lots and lots of papers were published with exotic theory that could incorporate this particle. As it turns out, it was just a statistical fluctuation.
    But they really do hold a view so dear bahamuth, its called the cosmological/copernican principle.

I am glad to see some things dont get leaked even when the scientific world wants them so bad, i just hope everyone cant keep an even head like that team did.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    I think hes suggesting we should send scientists to Jupiter's moons to die because they are heretics or something
    Are we 110 % certain not a single blimp of life exists on Io ( hot as hell, maybe microbes living off sulfur there ?) or Europa ( ocean beneath ice crust, some primitive plants perhaps ?) or other moons ?

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, but they do right the wrongs. Except, they do it based on the actual scientific method, which eludes you completely.

Honestly, I don't know how to talk to people like you. I am all for explaining physics to people who don't know much about it; for example, I've explained quite a lot to my mom when I lived in my parents', and it was fun. I don't know though how to explain physics to someone who deliberately holds the apparently wrong beliefs based on a set of false assumptions and broken logic, and when you try to correct them peacefully, they resort to name calling and hold themselves above everyone else.

It is almost like you know that you are wrong, and you are proud of being wrong. I've never understood this psychological phenomenon...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Oh, but they do right the wrongs. Except, they do it based on the actual scientific method, which eludes you completely.

Honestly, I don't know how to talk to people like you. I am all for explaining physics to people who don't know much about it; for example, I've explained quite a lot to my mom when I lived in my parents', and it was fun. I don't know though how to explain physics to someone who deliberately holds the apparently wrong beliefs based on a set of false assumptions and broken logic, and when you try to correct them peacefully, they resort to name calling and hold themselves above everyone else.

It is almost like you know that you are wrong, and you are proud of being wrong. I've never understood this psychological phenomenon...
    I understand the conundrum you are experiencing, i feel the exact same way in speaking to people that are so tied to the scientific method. I would actually love to have a face to face with any of you just to show i am not a nutter, its hard to fully express why i feel the way i do on an internet forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Not sure why people think they can argue logic and use rational thought to sway Fascinate. He won't change his opinion, the 20 some odd pages should make that clear. It is fun, I suppose, to talk to someone with his beliefs though. Don't get to talk with "the earth is flat" (and their equivalents) people all that often.
    Just to clarify, people who give the earth a chance to be in the center of the universe aren't the same people who think the earth is flat. Flat earthers are alice in wonderland kind of crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the conundrum you are experiencing, i feel the exact same way in speaking to people that are so tied to the scientific method. I would actually love to have a face to face with any of you just to show i am not a nutter, its hard to fully express why i feel the way i do on an internet forum.
    I get it that you find scientific method limiting. However, scientific method is what science is based on, it is at its core. So you criticizing scientists for being "tied" to the scientific method is a very strange phenomenon. Without scientific method, there wouldn't be science.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify, people who give the earth a chance to be in the center of the universe aren't the same people who think the earth is flat. Flat earthers are alice in wonderland kind of crazy.
    But "earth in center of universe" IS batshit crazy. Sorry, but there is not much of a difference between such claim and flat earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Are we 110 % certain not a single blimp of life exists on Io ( hot as hell, maybe microbes living off sulfur there ?) or Europa ( ocean beneath ice crust, some primitive plants perhaps ?) or other moons ?
    I would think a primitive plant would be the find of the century.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

They are both in the "no evidence for but plenty against club".

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    all it needs is some sort of ugly algae, small and insignificant to its environment. but it is extraterrestial by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Given that we know that life forms even in underwater geysers 10,000 km under surface, I don't think finding a primitive plant somewhere outside Earth would be that big of a find: sure, it would be talked about a lot for a few months, but I don't think it will change much long term. Now, finding a primitive animal - THAT would be something!

Relativity states you cannot tell a rotating earth and stationary universe to a stationary earth and rotating universe.
    Look, I don't know where you learned anything about Einstein's relativity, because your understanding is at best at the level of someone who heard someone else describe a YouTube video they once saw.

The whole meaning of the Michaelson-Morely null result is that there -is- no stationary frame of reference. There is no dichotomy between "Rotating Earth and Stationary Universe" vs. "Stationary Earth and Rotating Universe" because both are completely untrue statements.

We may as well argue fiction at this point. Who is stronger? Superman or Goku?