Thread: GG (Not) EZ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What about the people that want to be in chat but don't want to have to deal with toxic behavior?
    Ignore/report. If it's such a problem to see speech you dislike, you have options. Trying to filter what people say isn't going to work. Those types of players will find ways to still throw insults or spam "GG EZ" in some new form.

One example, gold sellers that spam like wvw.VVV T 5 G{}|_ d , < [] ^^

It's really crude, but spam it to enough players and they will eventually hook someone who can decipher their bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who thinks this is a good thing is literally a baby. And no, i dont play anymore so dont bother calling me a shitty buzzword

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fuck me what is next in Overwatch? A safe space style map where you can't say anything?
    it doesn't just stop you from saying that it changes what you say from GG EZ to one of a random list of different phrases from things like "Ah Shucks you guy's are the best." to things like "Mommy say's people my age shouldn't suck their thumbs." So what they are doing it trolling the ones that were trying to troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Ignore/report. If it's such a problem to see speech you dislike, you have options. Trying to filter what people say isn't going to work. Those types of players will find ways to still throw insults or spam "GG EZ" in some new form.

One example, gold sellers that spam like wvw.VVV T 5 G{}|_ d , < [] ^^

It's really crude, but spam it to enough players and they will eventually hook someone who can decipher their bullshit.
    So your one of those that has the opinion if it doesn't 100% solve the problem you shouldn't do anything to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man how the tunes have changed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-Blowout-Loss

Less than a few months ago we had people like @Jaylock trying to convince everyone that GG, really meant GG and was a show of good sportsmanship.

I really wish "gay" still just meant happy...

My how the tables have turned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad, I loved it when I'd have a game that went into OT only to have someone on the winning team say "GGEZ", like having the game take over 10 mins was really an easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Oh man how the tunes have changed.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-Blowout-Loss

Less than a few months ago we had people like @Jaylock trying to convince everyone that GG, really meant GG and was a show of good sportsmanship.

I really wish "gay" still just meant happy...

My how the tables have turned.
    GG is just a sign of good sportsmanship it's the EZ part that is the problem.

I always say "gg close" when we easily win or stomp them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    So your one of those that has the opinion if it doesn't 100% solve the problem you shouldn't do anything to fix it.
    What a great and valid argument you have to counter what I said about how filtering the chat won't stop or even HINDER the type of people who spam "GG EZ" after a game.

While my Suggestion actually stops the type of things people do not wish to see.

In a team game, what benefit does talking to the other team provide? You want to make friends or ask them about how they did a trick you saw, you can throw them a friends request.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    it's another to mock your opponents.
    Whats wrong with mocking your opponents?

Oh some sjw got triggerd by 2 letters in a videogame.... call the police and the justice department. CLOSE IT DOWN NOW!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    It's poor sportsmanship. Blizzard's under no obligation to allow players to continue acting like dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Asserting your superiority within a game is winning the game, being a douchebag because you want to stroke your e-peen is just being a douchebag.
    People should be able to say whatever they want, if you want to be all butt hurt and triggered about it then...

1. That's your fault you are offended
    2. Try not to lose next time

shows you're an asshole? which is fine, they have a block feature for that.

I usually just type "WP guys, if you want to be as good as me, just add me and we'll discuss prices for your training" gotten me silenced two times already, working on third

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's poor sportsmanship. Blizzard's under no obligation to allow players to continue acting like dicks.
    Its a videogame not the olympics also blizzard should be under no obligation to interfere in how players communicate as long as there is no clear insults/threats words used.
    What are you gonna censor next to defend the special snowflake feelings of swjs around the world? How many letters of the alphabet will be left?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a videogame not the olympics also blizzard should be under no obligation to interfere in how players communicate as long as there is no clear insults/threats words used.
    What are you gonna censor next to defend the special snowflake feelings of swjs around the world? How many letters of the alphabet will be left?
    It's Blizzard's game. If you're not behaving the way they like, they have EVERY right to shut your communication down. You don't have any right to speak however you want in a Blizzard game (or any other company's).

You're playing in their "house". Their house, their rules. You want to break those rules, they can kick you out of the house.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-08-18 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing they don't tolerate dickheads regardless of what you think they should do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Good thing they don't tolerate dickheads regardless of what you think they should do!
    Do you cry yourself to sleep when someone says EZ to you in a video game? You must be if you call people dickheads for this kind of stuff in a videogame.

Haha thats fucking hilarious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    People should be able to say whatever they want, if you want to be all butt hurt and triggered about it then...

1. That's your fault you are offended
    2. Try not to lose next time
    You're entitled to your opinion. What you are not entitled to is protection from the consequences of breaching the contract you agreed to, so behave as you will. At the end of the day I'll be the one still playing, while you'll be banned or silenced as a consequence of your own poor conduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious. The people who are complaining about this are the ones who
    are most likely, the jerkwads that insult the enemy team or other players.

Sorry "children", but if you can't play nice with others and act your age,
    you have 2 choices. Either grow the fuck up and stop acting like an
    immature little brat, or you can just quit. Either way, the community
    will be all the better for it.

Seriously, who thought it was ever okay for people to act like jerks to
    others? I'd love to know who authorized this. Because apparently these
    people are ignorant to the fact that most people don't act this way and
    don't like being the recipients of it, and even if someone was acting that
    way on their team, they would scold them.