Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Holy shit most people here are stupid. THE GAME HAS FLAWS? IT'S NOT A PERFECT GAME. GET IT? YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING A GAME BECAUSE IT HAS SHITTY VOICE OVERS. HOW FUCKING STUPID MUST YOU BE TO SUGGEST SOMETHING THAT RETARDED?

Yes, it's weird. The problem is the crap people spew in trade chat etc while characters are talking. That's the big one.
    haven't you heard? Blizzard will break if you happen to have a complaint that random Joe don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Voice overs are expensive to do both time and resource wise, and they lower the replay value of the content for a lot of players who don't wanna sit through a 1 or 2 minute voice over event they've already experienced in order to fulfill the quest objective, so I don't mind it not being used as much as possible. If I'm speaking honestly, the voice overs are a nice touch, but if I had to choose between having more voice overs and literally almost anything else then I would rather literally almost anything else because voice overs are just a type of wrapping paper or presentation of the game; whereas, everything else is the experience itself.
    What are you talking about? Blizzard uses mostly in house actors for voice overs since it's cheap, if not almost free. VA from outside are probably also underpaid (but that's a guess)

What are you talking about? Blizzard uses mostly in house actors for voice overs since it's cheap, if not almost free. VA from outside are probably also underpaid (but that's a guess)
    I did say:

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Voice overs are expensive to do both time and resource wise
    Because ya know, voice overs take a lot of time to do compared to just text even with mostly in house voice actors . . . but hey just don't read what I wrote, that's fine. I mean, even if their golden boy Metzen (who does quite a lot of their voice acting) does everything in 1 take then each hour of voice over requires multiple man hours to put it into the game because they have to pay all of the other staff involved with recording, processing, and implementing it; whereas, the text for that requires far less, so time and resource wise it is more expensive to do voice overs since they have to pay several people for each hour of labor they put into those voice overs from start to finish and they have to pay for the writers to do the same work either way, so yes, voice acting is a complete addition on top of the writing work that they do anyways and is a completely separate and extra expense thus it's more expensive.

Seriously, I said that it's more expensive and you come at me with "oh it's not that much more expensive because they save money by using in house staff". Do you see where you messed up there?

Voiceovers do not simply make or break immersion.
    Immerson is a personal experience, and therefore what makes or breaks your experience is going to change dramatically from one person to the next.
    For some flying breaks it, for others it makes it.

I agree it was a poor generalisation using a small bit of content to make judgements on how much of the other content was or wasn't voiced.

Perhaps instead of an exaggerated and attention grabbing thread title and theme, consider why it isn't working when it has in beta/ptr.
    Perhaps some last-minute changes or adjustments.
    Perhaps some live-only bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

They can get off their long coffee breaks and inane trailers/videos. Where did i mess up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    For you. I live by sound.
    Its almost like I said
    See your opinion matters as much as mine.
    Right after the quoted part. Making the Same point you just made....IE, its all opinions.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Unless you know how to read, in which case it makes no difference whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I haven't played with sound on in 12 years, VO is a waste.
    What's wrong with you?

Well, yea there are still a lot of characters outside that 15 min quest that don't have VO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What's wrong with you?

Well, yea there are still a lot of characters outside that 15 min quest that don't have VO.
    Most of the sound is just repetitive noise, clangs, grunts, shouts, splosions, Id rather listen to something on the TV than that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Most of the sound is just repetitive noise, clangs, grunts, shouts, splosions, Id rather listen to something on the TV than that.
    I don't want to watch ot hear random shit on the tv while I am trying to get the immersion and feel of the game, so for me this sounds just retarded sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I don't want to watch ot hear random shit on the tv while I am trying to get the immersion and feel of the game, so for me this sounds just retarded sorry.
    Wow, no need to be rude about it.

Its all about preferences, I dont think its retarded that you want your ears filled with a cacophony of clangs and bangs while you play.....

Deleted
    I would usually say this is just complaining for the sake of complaining but the fact that some bits are voiced and some are not makes for a very weird experience, you can't really do half and half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    The maybe you should be playing those, instead of a game that doesn't aim to be them?
    I am playing games like those instead. What's your point?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Although I agree voice overs could have made it a much better experience...you're basing the entire expansion off a 20 min quest line in the pre patch? o.O
    I disagree with this on some higher level than just the pre-patch.

Text is much easier to ignore when doing dailies or playing alts than endless chatter that you hope you can ESC out of. Having voice-overs for everything gets to be annoying after a while.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What does it matter? I'd rather have partial VO than no VO.

Stop overthinking shit, sheesh. This is such a minor thing to complain about.

Holy shit most people here are stupid. THE GAME HAS FLAWS? IT'S NOT A PERFECT GAME. GET IT? YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING A GAME BECAUSE IT HAS SHITTY VOICE OVERS. HOW FUCKING STUPID MUST YOU BE TO SUGGEST SOMETHING THAT RETARDED?

Yes, it's weird. The problem is the crap people spew in trade chat etc while characters are talking. That's the big one.

This is a easy fix, just right click on the chat(like /2 /1 etc, and move it to new tab, then close the tab after questing if you want it all on one screen again.

Better than nothing. They voice over the more important things for the people who don't feel like reading, and for those who want a more in-depth experience, well you still have the option to read.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanCynic View Post
    Better than nothing. They voice over the more important things for the people who don't feel like reading, and for those who want a more in-depth experience, well you still have the option to read.
    Except Jaina single handed left the council on text, if that isnt important I dont know what is

I only noticed that after doing the quest reading about it, lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who's played the game for a long time since there was barely ANY voice over except for "What can I do for ya?" and "Well met." really should not care.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Except Jaina single handed left the council on text, if that isnt important I dont know what is

I only noticed that after doing the quest reading about it, lol
    ever heared of a thing called a bug? guess you havent played games for more then 1 hour if you have never heared of a bug... all the prepatch was voiced in beta/ptr but for some reaosn has bugged here, and yeah... welcome to a thing called a bug...

since you seem to be new to video games, a bug is a thing that happens, and makes things go wrong, by breaking them in differant ways...